Home

Abuse of man press coverage in user vs user games

This is a discussion on Abuse of man press coverage in user vs user games within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Abuse of man press coverage in user vs user games

Has anyone run into this problem in their online CCM leagues? Every man defense, especially with press coverage, results in a CB or sometimes even a LB undercutting every route. People are abusing that type of defensive in my league to no end and it's driving me insane.

Does anyone know of a slider set that would fix the DB-WR mirroring effect, and force people to play more zone? This is what we're using for our user sliders:

Difficulty: All-Madden
Speed: Slow
Threshold: 30
User pass reaction: 55 (we confirmed that a lower value = better coverage)
User WR catching: 52
Everything else is at All-Madden default 25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Abuse of man press coverage in user vs user games

This is where the pass reaction being reversed is horrible. Because of the point scale, you can't make it harder, or else you'll go beyond the 75 points for All-Madden.

Wait, speaking of which - are you saying your passing O, for example, is 25/25/52?

That's too many points (102).

You might be getting "All-Pro" level AI, if the point system really works like that.

Same thing with the Pass D, 55/25/25 = 105.

That might explain why it's working so well?

If you can run some test/practice/play now games, try something like 23/0/52 (75 points) and 55/10/10 (75 points), and see how the gameplay is for you?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a little lost on the 75-point thing... so if my difficulty is all-madden, the sum of my slider values in each category cannot exceed 75, or there will be adverse effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This is where the pass reaction being reversed is horrible. Because of the point scale, you can't make it harder, or else you'll go beyond the 75 points for All-Madden.

Wait, speaking of which - are you saying your passing O, for example, is 25/25/52?

That's too many points (102).

You might be getting "All-Pro" level AI, if the point system really works like that.

Same thing with the Pass D, 55/25/25 = 105.

That might explain why it's working so well?

If you can run some test/practice/play now games, try something like 23/0/52 (75 points) and 55/10/10 (75 points), and see how the gameplay is for you?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
I'm a little lost on the 75-point thing... so if my difficulty is all-madden, the sum of my slider values in each category cannot exceed 75, or there will be adverse effect?

Right - the AI will shift into All-Pro mode.

75 or less in each category, and the AI will stay at All-Madden level. This does apply to User vs User because the AI controls the players not controlled by the user.

I think that difficulty setting only impacts the kicking meter speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »