Home

Madden 12: CPU -vs- CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 12: CPU -vs- CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #81
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 12: CPU -vs- CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofone
also, do run every game in spectate?, not just yours but every one?

Thats what I was planning - call me nuts I know
No...just my teams games (Steelers) and a few others if I want to do some testing.

And the Superbowl.

I would like to do every game, but it would take too much time for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #82
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Well, keep in mind those stats were done a season where I was changing sliders and settings alot.

The sliders and settings I am using now are the ones I just gave you.

In terms of what I edited....first off, I used PeoplesChamp's franchise file as my base, and then edited them on my own.

QBs: Lowered QB accuracy ratings for all QBs to make a greater disparity between the better QBs and the rest.

RBs: Same as QBs....mainly edited BC Vision rating and only gave "Fights for extra yards" trait to power backs.

WRs: Didnt really edit much here....just increased/decreased ratings for players I thought were off.

OLine: I edited these extensively, but not sure it was really needed.

DTs: Decreased speed and acceleration of faster DTs. Turned off pass rushing moves and toned down pass rush ratings for all DTs. Only ones I made good pass rushers are the notable ones (Suh, McCoy, Atkins and a few others)

34DEs: Same as DTs (Made guys like JJ Watt, Calais Campbell, Cameron Jordan and Sheldon Richardson good pass rushers)

43 OLBs and all ILBs: Same as DTs and 34DEs, except I didnt turn down their speed and accelerations. Just edited their pass rush moves.

And thats about it.

That, and as I said, edited the coaching scheme stuff.
Speaking of PeoplesChamp's rosters, have you noticed that a few teams coaching schemes do not hold when you adjust? I tried changing the Skins and Lions (I think those were the 2) priorities and splits and when you go to next position and then back, they revert back. I mentioned it on the roster thread about a week ago and no one responded.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #83
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Speaking of PeoplesChamp's rosters, have you noticed that a few teams coaching schemes do not hold when you adjust? I tried changing the Skins and Lions (I think those were the 2) priorities and splits and when you go to next position and then back, they revert back. I mentioned it on the roster thread about a week ago and no one responded.

I know what your issue is, but...

First off, the coaching schemes hold.....as in 3-4 or 4-3, aggression and pass vs run.....they all hold (unless yours works differently than mine.

What DOESNT hold are the priorities and styles.

The reason that happens is because those coaches were added to their teams via the hex editor.

To fix that issue....in the offseason, fire all the head coaches that wont change and then either rehire them or hire someone else. Ive already tried this and yes, it works. Guys like Mike Pettine (Browns) and Lovie Smith (Bucs) wouldnt change....but after doing that, they do.

Also, just a quick heads up if you are doing 32 team control.....if a team hires a new head coach....make sure you go to franchise options and edit setting for those teams because they reset after you hire a new coach. Meaning....most of them get set to user. I didnt know this and what happened was, those teams didnt sign their drafts picks and they became FAs....because the "sign draft picks" option was set to USER.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #84
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Good to know. Thanks for that info, Steel. How do you handle 32 team FA and the draft? I, too, control all 32 and normally just resign the guys I feel should remain on their teams and then do the 1st round of the draft. I don't do anything for FA other than my team. How do you handle all of that?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:34 AM   #85
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Good to know. Thanks for that info, Steel. How do you handle 32 team FA and the draft? I, too, control all 32 and normally just resign the guys I feel should remain on their teams and then do the 1st round of the draft. I don't do anything for FA other than my team. How do you handle all of that?
CPU offseaosn AI is straight trash. I handle everything.

Resign: Much like you, I resign players for all teams based on who I think should stay. However, I still let bigger players walk, especially if a team has several big named FAs to sign, or if they gave out monster contracts the previous year. I also cut players for those teams depending on age, ratings and who else those teams have.

Free Agency: Okay....so what I do here is I create two separate files going into free agency. The first file, I set the other 31 teams Free Agent Signing to CPU, and then I bid on players I want, but I limit myself to a certain number of "clicks". For example, if I limit myself to 5 clicks, that means I can only try to outbid other teams 5 times. So, if I waste all my clicks on one player, then the only FAs I can sign are the ones that no other teams bid on.

After thats completed, I go to my second file with all 32 teams Free Agent Signing set to USER. Then, I sign the players I won in FA to my team (Steelers) and then I go and sign FAs to other teams based on where I feel they fit and who I think would make sense for each player based on money, scheme and team status.

I know it might sound complicated, but its actually pretty simple. The first part is actually pretty fast. Signing FAs to teams can be time consuming though.

Draft: This can be done 2 different ways, but I have a set way I will be doing it.....

Easy Way: Simply sim every pick except your own teams and make the picks you want. However....the CPU draft AI is laugahbly bad, so I dont do this.

Long Way: At the beginning of the offseason, create a separate file where you set all other 31 teams except yours to be run by the CPU. Then, simulate all the way to the draft, and just draft for your team (I do the first 3 rounds). Write down the picks you made for your team and then go back to your other file with the 32 team control. Go through all the other offseason stuff and when you get to the draft, draft the first 3 rounds for all teams based on their needs, and just make sure you pick the players you drafted for yourself. The final 4 rounds, just simulate. The CPU will still make stupid picks late in the draft, but the last 4 rounds are usually a crap shoot anyway, so Ill either cut players or move them around on the team (IE....if a team drafts 3 ROLBs in the later rounds, Ill move them around to LOLB, MLB, maybe DE or simply cut players if the team doesnt need them. Remember, most late round picks end up doing little to nothing anyway, and are lucky if they ever become more than special teams players or decent backups. I also simulate the last 4 rounds of picks for my own team as well, and handle it the same way.

My method of handling the offseason in Madden 12 is probably considered too much work for most people, but a) its the only way I can make it somewhat realistic and b) I am a HUGE sim nut and love building the teams in various ways, so while I do get burnt out at times, I still enjoy it for the most part.

Its really up to you how to handle all of it.....just a matter of what results youre looking to achieve and how much time and effort youre willing/able to put into it to achieve said results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #86
Rookie

armyofone's Arena

Not to change the subject, but I went back into Madden 15 after reading some post on sliders created by JoshC1977.

I played (coached) two exhibition games then liked the results, so I created a offline CFM and just finished my first game. I was very happy with the results, well except for the score part (I'm Oakland)

Stats (sorry didn't have time to create the pretty boxscore)

Score: Raiders (3), Jets (37)
Total offense: Raiders (198), Jets (428)
Rushing: Raiders (99), Jets (180)
Passing: Raiders (99), Jets (248)
Turnovers: Raiders (2), Jets (1)
Sacks: Raiders (0), Jets (2)
TOP: Raiders (24:59), Jets (35:01)
Plays: Raiders (51) Jets (71)

Passing:
Carr (Oak) 12-26-109-0-1
Smith (NYJ) 17-32-248-3-1

Rushing:
Murray (Oak) 14-60-0, Freeman (Oak) 5-23-0
Ivory (NYJ) 31-169-0, Powell (NYJ) 7-7-0

Receiving:
Rivera (Oak) 3-37-0, Freeman (Oak) 4-25-0
Harvin (NYJ) 4-85-1, Decker (NYJ) 4-49-0, Kerley (NYJ) 4-47-2

Sacks:
Raiders: none
Jets: Wilkerson (1), Pace (1)

Interceptions:
Raiders: Carrie (1)
Jets: Walls (1)

Tackles:
Raiders: Moore (16), Keo (7), Mack (6)
Jets: Davis (7), Pryor (5), and bunch with 4.

If interested the link is http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-m15-set.html

only things I changed with 15 minute quarters with 12 second runoff.

This is on the PS3 too.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #87
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofone
Not to change the subject, but I went back into Madden 15 after reading some post on sliders created by JoshC1977.

I played (coached) two exhibition games then liked the results, so I created a offline CFM and just finished my first game. I was very happy with the results, well except for the score part (I'm Oakland)

Stats (sorry didn't have time to create the pretty boxscore)

Score: Raiders (3), Jets (37)
Total offense: Raiders (198), Jets (428)
Rushing: Raiders (99), Jets (180)
Passing: Raiders (99), Jets (248)
Turnovers: Raiders (2), Jets (1)
Sacks: Raiders (0), Jets (2)
TOP: Raiders (24:59), Jets (35:01)
Plays: Raiders (51) Jets (71)

Passing:
Carr (Oak) 12-26-109-0-1
Smith (NYJ) 17-32-248-3-1

Rushing:
Murray (Oak) 14-60-0, Freeman (Oak) 5-23-0
Ivory (NYJ) 31-169-0, Powell (NYJ) 7-7-0

Receiving:
Rivera (Oak) 3-37-0, Freeman (Oak) 4-25-0
Harvin (NYJ) 4-85-1, Decker (NYJ) 4-49-0, Kerley (NYJ) 4-47-2

Sacks:
Raiders: none
Jets: Wilkerson (1), Pace (1)

Interceptions:
Raiders: Carrie (1)
Jets: Walls (1)

Tackles:
Raiders: Moore (16), Keo (7), Mack (6)
Jets: Davis (7), Pryor (5), and bunch with 4.

If interested the link is http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-m15-set.html

only things I changed with 15 minute quarters with 12 second runoff.

This is on the PS3 too.

I played Madden 15 on both PS3 and PS4.

On PS4 I actually thought it was decent (the gameplay anyway, not factoring in everything wrong with CFM), but not nearly enough to make me go buy that and a PS4 (still waiting for a better library before making the next gen jump)

On PS3, it had most of the same issues as M25. In fact, it felt like the same game outside of some interface changes.

Thats why Im still playing Madden 12.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:23 PM   #88
Pro

kcsam's Arena

I've never played 15 on either platform, but I've spent a lot of time (shall I say "wasted" a lot of time) with 25 trying to configure sliders. Needless to say, it never came to fruition. I'm not even sure sliders work in that game. This is why I continue with 12.

I guess if the rumor is true about JMF16 being exclusively on the Xbox1, I'll think about picking one up. Just bought a new touchscreen HP Envy laptop last July, so I'm not sure if that could run JMF16 since Damon Grow has tweeted that it "won't just be a PC game" - or something relative to that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »