Home

Pass Rush vs. Pass Block

This is a discussion on Pass Rush vs. Pass Block within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
As far as RT being a worse pass blocker this is correct..but I have also noticed for some reason..when the CPU reorders the depth chart..many times CPU puts the LT at RT and the RT at LT..it just seems that after first contact, the RT just disengages and allows the LE around the corner..it seems this happens mostly when the LE rushes to the outside shoulder..that is way of late I was trying to shift (or switching to 3-4) the LE 5 technique on each passing play..helps some but not always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #26
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Another huge problem with line interaction is the lack of Double teams on pass plays. No chip blocks either. That is what real football teams do. Just watch how many times D. Ware gets to beat just one blocker. So you have to make CPU pass block over powering to compensate.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #27
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Rush vs. Pass Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Joe Flacco? Zero.

Oh, you said FAVORITE. Oh, well yeah, in that case, yeah, BUT I think it's more evading contact than breaking contact. Better pocket mobility, more willingness to take off, like you said.

The QB Avoidance would be GOLDEN (if done right).

Yep.
Even the "unflappable" Flacco avoids sacks , similar to how Tom Brady(ducking and dodging guys in the pocket) does. Its more about pocket presence for these type of qbs. If Madden could replicate QB pocket awarness and how each qb handles pressure, that would be sweet!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
Even the "unflappable" Flacco avoids sacks , similar to how Tom Brady(ducking and dodging guys in the pocket) does. Its more about pocket presence for these type of qbs. If Madden could replicate QB pocket awarness and how each qb handles pressure, that would be sweet!
Usually, it's him standing like a statue and getting strip sacked...or just plain sacked and he "escapes" pretty much as he's being hit.

His "Sense Pressure" really does get to "Oblivious" a lot of times...

Speaking of which, isn't that "supposedly" why they put in the "Sense Pressure" trait? Evidently, it doesn't work (or work that way - or we probably wouldn't have having this discussion).
Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Another huge problem with line interaction is the lack of Double teams on pass plays. No chip blocks either. That is what real football teams do. Just watch how many times D. Ware gets to beat just one blocker. So you have to make CPU pass block over powering to compensate.
Again, though, the problem is the ripple effects it causes.

How you set coverage sliders so they can act realistically when the QB is getting an unrealistic amount of time in the pocket?

I mean, if the CPU is already getting 5-6 seconds, do I really need to increase the blocking? How much more time does the CPU need?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #30
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Again, though, the problem is the ripple effects it causes.

How you set coverage sliders so they can act realistically when the QB is getting an unrealistic amount of time in the pocket?

I mean, if the CPU is already getting 5-6 seconds, do I really need to increase the blocking? How much more time does the CPU need?
I don't have that problem. They get a realistic amount of time most of the time. Sometime they do motion the TE that way and do a "double" team block.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I don't have that problem. They get a realistic amount of time most of the time. Sometime they do motion the TE that way and do a "double" team block.
Wow, that's interesting since I see you're using 0 User pass rushing vs 25 CPU pass blocking!

I don't get it, then, unless Raiders just suck that bad at pass rushing (except when the RT/LE thing kicks in a few times a game), but even then...4 seconds is bad in the NFL...let alone 5+. Offsides are similar (53 for you, 50 for me).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Cpu accuracy at 75 or higher will assist in pass blocking on the edges

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »