Home

Pass Rush vs. Pass Block

This is a discussion on Pass Rush vs. Pass Block within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #49
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Rush vs. Pass Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Holy crap hanz and DFos..u guys lost me..lol..I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact I just got done working 20hrs or I'm just slow..OR a combination of BOTH!! Lol..I'm going to have to reread this several times to see if I got this..or ill just need you guys to explain this like u would to a five year old..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol 20hrs!!

check these out and it should help clear the confusion some

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-realism.html
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Pardon the interruption - this testing of mine was done with Rush Reaction Timing at 50+.

The lower you go on Rush Reaction Timing the more effective their abilities became overall on defense. At 0 you will see the DB's shedding like LT, Ray Ray.. everybody can just burst through for the user.. so, it may revolutionize your set by going above 50 on some sets or above 75 but it's a bit of a pitchfork if you truly want to revolutionize what you're witnessing and experiencing..

Maybe you can go 25 rush reaction and 50 block shed and keep tackle @ 0. I haven't tested to see what the threshold cap is for rush reaction timing that will keep the DB's at bay realistically per ratings.. You'll get it though.. once you start raising the rush reaction time and block shed you'll start feeling a difference (and lower the pass rush). The low tackle setting are going to lower their overall strength too.

K, that's enough for now..

Hmmm....

This gives me some ideas to try. Don't know if it will qualify as revolutionary, but I'm not trying to change the world, just beat as much realism out of the game as possible.

I'm loving the DPI/OPI at 25. Makes me want to try 5 to see if it could get even better...
Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Hmmm....

This gives me some ideas to try. Don't know if it will qualify as revolutionary, but I'm not trying to change the world, just beat as much realism out of the game as possible.

I'm loving the DPI/OPI at 25. Makes me want to try 5 to see if it could get even better...
Can you please explain what it is you love about the 25/25 combo you are using?

I am at 100/85 right now and I'm curious to know what I might expect by lowering these values. I see from the previous posts that I might expect tighter coverage. Anything else notable?

Last edited by Sturzinator; 12-14-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #52
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I been wanting to speak on this but I wanted to wait until I played some more games to confirm. Ever since I made that tweak to the pass blocking on my black set the CPU has been passing the ball way more then the did before in almost every game I played so far. I believe they passed it more in every game except for the one game I played against the Vikings which is understandable. I'll go back and check on the balance for my last 5 or 6 games but from what I remember they have been passing more..
Do you think the pass block slider and QB acc affect this or just pass block? I really think your on to something. I've used so many slider combos. I've had the CPU call more passes at times but, I couldn't figure out why.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #53
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
lol 20hrs!!

check these out and it should help clear the confusion some

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-realism.html
LOL, catch up on your sleep!

I would recommend you take some angles from DFOS set..

@KB - what do you mean? we're trying to change the world indeed - the Madden World lol playing but ya it's worthwhile.

I can't use DFOS full set simply because I use fantasy drafted teams but his slider concepts are def. against the conventional core you will see in other sets. In the end, everyone has different tastes and observations so I'm def not saying anyone in here has the ultimatum.

This is a great discussion thread you started here SJ - we gotta have more of these threads out where we can just discuss a certain slider topic straight especially these contrasted ones like pass rush vs pass block..
Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Can you please explain what it is you love about the 25/25 combo you are using?

I am at 100/85 right now and I'm curious to know what I might expect by lowering these values. I see from the previous posts that I might expect tighter coverage. Anything else notable?
I see WR's attempting many more aggressive catches. I've had Marcel Reece (playing at TE) lay out more than a few times for passes where he didn't before. Jacoby Ford did it in the last game I played, laying out for a ball. Malcolm Floyd attempted a one-hand jumping catch in the end zone (failed). Seen guys get flipped a bit in the air as they try to go for balls, "tackled" while in the air and the ball hits the DBs helmet and pops out, not as much of the "jump ball and the WR goes up and everyone else watches" sort of thing.

Sometimes, I think Pryor is going to get Denarius Moore killed. Poor kid has suffered a few injuries too trying to go for tough catches, then gets crushed by some DB.

Defensively, DBs seem none too shy about using their "Aggressive" Plays the Ball ratings. Lots of swipes and desperation lunges to deflect passes (sometimes succeeding), taking balls almost out of receivers' hands, but not in the M12 way with the clipping through nonsense.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #55
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I see WR's attempting many more aggressive catches.
My same observations KB but I prefer to use my WR Catch @ -50(40 preferably); what are you using for WR Catch on your set? I prefer the under 50 because you will already see them making more aggressive attempts. I also prefer using higher OPI to try and make their route running more critical.

KB, In answer to your probing interest on what OPI @ 5 will do - I have used it this low and you see more of the same across the board. The telling thing is, I believe it deserves a lower catch rating because you are essentially making your players play more above their ratings the more you lower the OPI penalty cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Do you think the pass block slider and QB acc affect this or just pass block? I really think your on to something. I've used so many slider combos. I've had the CPU call more passes at times but, I couldn't figure out why.
I'm not sure if it's the pass blocking or a combination of both but they definitely have been slinging the ball around more. The Lions just threw the ball way more then the ran in this game I just played.. I don't wanna say this is the reason why they are passing more because I'm not sure but ever since I made that tweak they have been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »