Home

A thought about fatigue...

This is a discussion on A thought about fatigue... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #17
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: A thought about fatigue...

I use 28 Fatigue, 53 Injury.. I mainly turned down the fatigue so much because Von Miller would have to sub out every other play on default. This set seems to work well for me... LB's and DL's sub out on occassion, depending on how long they are out there and how long my offense keeps the ball. The DB's generally stay put.. I might see a back up safety in once or twice a game.

I have a very strange slider set.. I usually play on all-madden, but with my CCM player (FS), I play on all-pro with the sliders heavily favored on the offense (CPU). I'd have to start up the ps3, but it's something like QB accuracy 97, WR catching 96, Pass Block 100, Run block 91, Break tackle 56.... and my defense sliders are very low... Tackling 31, Block shed 39, Pass Rush 1, Pass reaction 0, Run reaction 9. (I've been tweaking them a lot so that's how I know most of them haha)

I only play the defense, so I don't really know about the offense subbing. I can say that they do split the carries. Not 50/50, but probably 80/20.

So maybe the higher sliders do make a difference in fatigue. If you guys played with 28 fatigue would you ever see subs? I can't imagine playing on 55-75 fatigue.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This is a weird impression and not in line with what others are saying, but I have fatigue and injury both at 55, and I see players tire more quickly and I have more injuries than I did with KB's setup. By the 3rd drive or so, you get some fatigue, especially on long drives, and by the second half, you better be giving your guys an occasional breather.

With this setup, I can feed McFadden 3X in a row, but then he'll go yellow. If I go 3X more, he'll definitely be red and I'm in the injury zone pretty quickly.

Injury-wise, midway through the season I'd recently had DHB, Ford, Burris, Huff, Branch, and my rookie FS Jalen Thomas injured at the same time. I kind of liked that.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
This is a weird impression and not in line with what others are saying, but I have fatigue and injury both at 55, and I see players tire more quickly and I have more injuries than I did with KB's setup. By the 3rd drive or so, you get some fatigue, especially on long drives, and by the second half, you better be giving your guys an occasional breather.

With this setup, I can feed McFadden 3X in a row, but then he'll go yellow. If I go 3X more, he'll definitely be red and I'm in the injury zone pretty quickly.

Injury-wise, midway through the season I'd recently had DHB, Ford, Burris, Huff, Branch, and my rookie FS Jalen Thomas injured at the same time. I kind of liked that.
Higher fatigue will make them tire faster.

Playing tired increases injury chance. If I used 55 fatigue, I probably couldn't use 75 injury.

I get injuries even without being fatigued, but if they are tired, I really have to watch them.

Fatigue also depends on what the players are doing. If there's a lot of hitting and such, they'll get tired faster.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Higher fatigue will make them tire faster.

Playing tired increases injury chance. If I used 55 fatigue, I probably couldn't use 75 injury.

I get injuries even without being fatigued, but if they are tired, I really have to watch them.

Fatigue also depends on what the players are doing. If there's a lot of hitting and such, they'll get tired faster.
Yes, and durability plays a huge role. Ford simply cannot be a return guy AND take a significant number of snaps on offense because he tires out and breaks down too quickly.

It's interesting to see who goes red the quickest. McClain will play all but 2-3 snaps a game, whereas Burris needs a breather far more often. Curry is also a rock in terms of being able to play solid through the whole game without a real breather.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
For the guys who use fatigue settings higher than 50. Do you ever see OL men subbing out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
For the guys who use fatigue settings higher than 50. Do you ever see OL men subbing out?
No. I've seen Khalif Barnes take a breath once or twice in a season and a half, but the ESPN article on Lincoln Kennedy made it pretty clear just how hard a 9-play drive is on an OL. He was overheating, had blurred vision, and all kinds of wild stuff, so while they don't often come off, it can happen.

Barnes is the only guy that's come out though. He's such a pile of dirt that I'm very likely going to start Bergstrom anyway.

55 seems nice because you can really see durability at work on long drives and late in the game. McClain's staying power drives my defense late in games. I don't know what I'd do without his presence.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Yes, and durability plays a huge role. Ford simply cannot be a return guy AND take a significant number of snaps on offense because he tires out and breaks down too quickly.

It's interesting to see who goes red the quickest. McClain will play all but 2-3 snaps a game, whereas Burris needs a breather far more often. Curry is also a rock in terms of being able to play solid through the whole game without a real breather.

Yeah, I don't let KR/PR play if I can help it. And that's on 35 fatigue (though the raw injury risk is higher for me - lost Carillon (draft kid) when he was fresh and blue...out 5 weeks - then out again for a week.

But, yeah, that INJ rating on Ford - no way I risk him doing both. Even with high INJ guys (Carillon is in the 90s) I don't want to much of doing both, and I swear KR/PR have a higher injury risk. So many injuries I've had have been on returners, and that's all they do - specifically for that reason (minimize injury risk)

Yet, McClain, he's rarely out at all, only once in a blue moon is red (let alone come out), so there's something else involved. Likewise McClain has put people out of the game with stunning regularity. STR offensive player vs POW of defensive player?

Even on 35, I see BIG differences. I have a great young RE prospect but he wears out so fast. He might not sub out, but at Yellow - you're losing ratings because of fatigue. Other LBs are turning yellow and McClain is blue still. On the road, though, I see the tiring faster again (which is cool), especially if the CPU can run the ball.

Interesting you don't get subbing out of OL on higher fatigue (and we both use OAK so we probably have a lot of the same guys on the OL, though I've drafted a few strong replacements). I was getting it a lot.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

I see some odd subs like OL and TEs playing WR. That's why I call timeouts. It makes it realistic. I used to never burn my first half timeouts and now I have too if I want to finish my drive. If you've ever watched a game where they drove all the way down the field on 10+ plays, they'll call a timeout around the time they reach the red zone or 1st and goal. I now have to do that myself. But if I can get a few big plays and say get to the red zone in 4-8 plays, I never see those subs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »