Home

Need some slider help from the pros

This is a discussion on Need some slider help from the pros within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Need some slider help from the gurus

Hey guys, not sure if I'm allowed to post this here so I apologize if not. I have a major favor for the slider gurus out there that is frustrating me to no end. I currently have an offline CCM that is driving me nuts as far as sliders go. I have tried every All-Madden slider I can find and have tried to tweak my own sliders to get some type of consistency.

I'm not great at this game, nor am I bad by any means, I am just not an All-Madden pro, I still have many areas that where lack (such as running the ball and getting interceptions since most times my guy either completely misses or he drops the ball) those issues I have been able to remedy. My only big problem is I am having trouble finding the balance between a challenge and feeling as though the CPU is cheating.

Now I by no means am one of these guys that cries that I'm not winning every game, not by any means. I actually prefer to lose sometimes like any real team does, I personally just do not like feeling as though the computer cheated to win.

Case in point, I've had games where the cpu has rushed or thrown for massive gains and actually felt as though I lost fair and square. On the other hand I've had games where the computer runs all over me but only because it has done so by breaking 6 or more takles a run. That shouldn't be the case, break one, two, maybe even 3 once in a while but consistently breaking 5+ tackles every run, it just doesn't happen in real life even with great like AP. My other problem is in the pass game, I completely feel like a superior pass team should be able to throw all over me, however having a solid defense I should never have to see this with the dumbing down of my defenders, I should get beat because I'm being outplayed in the secondary, not by seeing my guys stop dead in their tracks to allow a player to catch the ball or see my guys completely ignore a receiver especially if I've spotlight him.

And even when I have found sliders that challenge me in the beginning on a game where I am not seeing this cpu cheese and have a decent battle, everything changes in the second half when my momentum picks up and I start outscoring my opponents 41-20 (or more).

So the question I submit to the slider gurus on this forum is there any way to stop the cheese cpu tactics, while still maintaining a relative challenge or am I s.o.l.? Below are my house rules, settings and current sliders.

House rules:
Game Calling - I only use gameflow with limited audibles and hot routing.
I do user catch
65% pass -35% run ratio
If i win coin toss I always receive (this is to offset the fact that cpu never kicks)
I don't zigzag
Always punt/kick on 4th unless otherwise absolutely necessary.
I stay sim for the most part, no money plays.

Settings:
Skill - All-Madden
Length - 9 minutes
Accelerated Clock - on (20 seconds)
Speed - Normal
Injury - on
Pre-existing Injury - on
Auto strafe - on
Auto Sprint - on

Sliders:

Qb Acc - player 30/ cpu 55
Pass block - 0/0
Wr Catch - 45/55

Broken Tackle - 40/50
Run Block -20/45
Fumbles - 15/50

Pass Defense - 30/30
Int - 45/30
Pass rush - 0/50

Rush defense - 33/50
Block shed - 0/25
Tackle - 42/45

I've tried to keep with the "under 75 rule".

Special teams:
Fg power - 50
Fg acc - 45
Punt power - 50
Punt acc - 100
Kick off power - 45

Injuries - 52
Fatigue - 65
Threshold - 0

Penalties:
Offsides - 100
False start - 55
Holding - 52
Face Mask - 56
Dpi - 100
Opi - 100
Punt Catch int - 50
Clipping - 33
Int Grounding - 53
Roughing Passer - 53
Roughing kicker - 25

Last edited by Ampking101; 12-16-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Need some slider help from the gurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
That shouldn't be the case, break one, two, maybe even 3 once in a while but consistently breaking 5+ tackles every run, it just doesn't happen in real life even with great like AP.
I'm in the minority (I think) but this is why I keep broken tackles at or near 0.

Like you said, it just doesn't happen with the frequency that it does in this game, and at 0, they/you can still break tackles, especially with the tackle slider under 50 like you have it.

You might want to play with the threshold, too. I know it has a reputation for making slow guys catch up to faster ones, but I don't think it happens all that often. I use 75 and have burned and been burnt by speed. Figure it won't hurt to at least try it and see if you like it and go back to 0 if you don't.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I'm in the minority (I think) but this is why I keep broken tackles at or near 0.

Like you said, it just doesn't happen with the frequency that it does in this game, and at 0, they/you can still break tackles, especially with the tackle slider under 50 like you have it.

You might want to play with the threshold, too. I know it has a reputation for making slow guys catch up to faster ones, but I don't think it happens all that often. I use 75 and have burned and been burnt by speed. Figure it won't hurt to at least try it and see if you like it and go back to 0 if you don't.
I agree with you. I got my broken tackles at 5 and still im thinking about lowering it. To many broken tackles isnt fun players with nowhere to go and three defenders in front of them and break all three tackles is lame. And higher the cpu breaks every first tackle Got tackle at 10 and theres still enough broken tackles. It all has to do how high your slider tackle is.

Got my threshold at 57 and whne a player is faster he is still faster threshold doesnt change that
Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Possible changes that may help you.

listed below ( )
Quote:

Settings:
Skill - All-Madden
Length - 9 minutes(15mins, allows for a more realistic amount of plays per gm, allowing for your stats to align w/ the CPU simmed stats)
Accelerated Clock - on (20 seconds)(17) helps keeps the number of plays per game on a realistic avg compared to the CPU simmed stats and works well w/ the 15min qtrs)
Speed - Normal
Injury - on
Pre-existing Injury - on
Auto strafe - on
Auto Sprint - on

Sliders:

Pass block - 0/0
Wr Catch - 45/55

Broken Tackle - 40/50
Run Block -20/45
Fumbles - 15/50(45) I like keeping my fumble slider = to the CPUs Tackle slider and it seems to keep the fumbles from happening so frequently. I get apx. 1-2 per gm, some games 0. Last game I had 2 in the rain vs the Steelers #1 ranked D.

Pass Defense - 30/30(25/0) This slider is reversed so 25=75 and 0=100)
Int - 45/30
Pass rush - 0/50

Rush defense - 33/50
Block shed - 0/25
Tackle - 42/45

I've tried to keep with the "under 75 rule".(I'm having just as much a challenge as All-Madden and have the User/CPU 50/75 as a base on all sliders. So I don't take much into the 75 rule. The CPU has pulled out so MANY different catch and run animations since giving them a higher end slider set).
Special teams:
Fg power - 50
Fg acc - 45
Punt power - 50
Punt acc - 100
Kick off power - 45

Injuries - 52(25) with fatigue being on the highend, this helps keep from having too many injuries
Fatigue - 65(75)Helps the CPU rotate HBs a little more and makes 3 and outs mean much more b/c if they start driving the ball your guys will tire and thats when mistakes are made, so it puts more of an emphasis on T.O.P.
Threshold - 0(75) will help with getting your linebackers to pursue w/ some more hustle. I prefer a more defensive game)

Penalties:
Offsides - 100
False start - 55
Holding - 52(54) this may help even out the O vs D penalty calls, however w/ your lowend Blocking sliders, this may cause too many holding calls. I'm testing mine on the highend w/ User/CPU 50/75 on most areas.
Face Mask - 56
Dpi - 100(25) this combo w/ OPI @ 50 has allowed more airballs thrown by both user and cpu, better coverage, and has reduced YAC. I even have User/CPU QB acc 50/75
Opi - 100(50)
Punt Catch int - 50
Clipping - 33
Int Grounding - 53
Roughing Passer - 53
Roughing kicker - 25

Last edited by D_Fos; 12-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Hey guys, not sure if I'm allowed to post this here so I apologize if not. I have a major favor for the slider gurus out there that is frustrating me to no end. I currently have an offline CCM that is driving me nuts as far as sliders go. I have tried every All-Madden slider I can find and have tried to tweak my own sliders to get some type of consistency.

I'm not great at this game, nor am I bad by any means, I am just not an All-Madden pro, I still have many areas that where lack (such as running the ball and getting interceptions since most times my guy either completely misses or he drops the ball) those issues I have been able to remedy. My only big problem is I am having trouble finding the balance between a challenge and feeling as though the CPU is cheating.

Now I by no means am one of these guys that cries that I'm not winning every game, not by any means. I actually prefer to lose sometimes like any real team does, I personally just do not like feeling as though the computer cheated to win.

Case in point, I've had games where the cpu has rushed or thrown for massive gains and actually felt as though I lost fair and square. On the other hand I've had games where the computer runs all over me but only because it has done so by breaking 6 or more takles a run. That shouldn't be the case, break one, two, maybe even 3 once in a while but consistently breaking 5+ tackles every run, it just doesn't happen in real life even with great like AP. My other problem is in the pass game, I completely feel like a superior pass team should be able to throw all over me, however having a solid defense I should never have to see this with the dumbing down of my defenders, I should get beat because I'm being outplayed in the secondary, not by seeing my guys stop dead in their tracks to allow a player to catch the ball or see my guys completely ignore a receiver especially if I've spotlight him.

And even when I have found sliders that challenge me in the beginning on a game where I am not seeing this cpu cheese and have a decent battle, everything changes in the second half when my momentum picks up and I start outscoring my opponents 41-20 (or more).

So the question I submit to the slider gurus on this forum is there any way to stop the cheese cpu tactics, while still maintaining a relative challenge or am I s.o.l.? Below are my house rules, settings and current sliders.

House rules:
Game Calling - I only use gameflow with limited audibles and hot routing.
I do user catch
65% pass -35% run ratio
If i win coin toss I always receive (this is to offset the fact that cpu never kicks)
I don't zigzag
Always punt/kick on 4th unless otherwise absolutely necessary.
I stay sim for the most part, no money plays.

Settings:
Skill - All-Madden
Length - 9 minutes
Accelerated Clock - on (20 seconds)
Speed - Normal
Injury - on
Pre-existing Injury - on
Auto strafe - on
Auto Sprint - on

Sliders:

Pass block - 0/0
Wr Catch - 45/55

Broken Tackle - 40/50
Run Block -20/45
Fumbles - 15/50

Pass Defense - 30/30
Int - 45/30
Pass rush - 0/50

Rush defense - 33/50
Block shed - 0/25
Tackle - 42/45

I've tried to keep with the "under 75 rule".

Special teams:
Fg power - 50
Fg acc - 45
Punt power - 50
Punt acc - 100
Kick off power - 45

Injuries - 52
Fatigue - 65
Threshold - 0

Penalties:
Offsides - 100
False start - 55
Holding - 52
Face Mask - 56
Dpi - 100
Opi - 100
Punt Catch int - 50
Clipping - 33
Int Grounding - 53
Roughing Passer - 53
Roughing kicker - 25
I'm shocked you are not getting way too many INTs per game with the USER INTs at 45.. The CPUs throws a crazy amount of picks per game with the INTs above 25 in my opinion.. I really don't know where you should go with that slider. Have you checked to see where you are at in team stats with picks compared to the rest of the league in your franchise?

If you feel like the CPU is breaking too many tackles lower there breaktackles to match up exactly with your USER tackling.. I have my tackling at 40 and the CPUs breaktackles at 55(black set) and I don't see a bunch of breaktackles from the CPU. My sure tacklers always wrap up so I'm sure with both the USER tackling and the CPUs breaktackles matched up you won't see a crazy amount.

Basically some things won't play out as realistic as you want without making the CPU weak. You just have to accept some of the flaws on the game. I been doing it for years and that's why I have no trouble creating my sliders every year.. I'm just way too smart for the CPU and I have to give them an advantage in certain areas for them to compete so I can enjoy the game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I'm shocked you are not getting way too many INTs per game with the USER INTs at 45.. The CPUs throws a crazy amount of picks per game with the INTs above 25 in my opinion.. I really don't know where you should go with that slider. Have you checked to see where you are at in team stats with picks compared to the rest of the league in your franchise?
It seems to be one of those things where there's more to the story. I've put INTs as high as 35 and had stretches of games where neither side threw more than one INT.

Then there's times at 15 where there's at least one per QB per game.

I don't think there's any absolutes - ratings, DPP, traits, etc. It's hard to say what's too much/too low other than staying under 75 for the traditional All-Madden gameplay.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

I'll definitely give the threshold a try up since most people are suggesting so. However, I like it lower because it seems to make power runners more effective. Instead of getting swarmed the second off the line they instead are able to "build a head of steam" which is invaluable, especially with a team like the Falcons.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
I agree with you. I got my broken tackles at 5 and still im thinking about lowering it. To many broken tackles isnt fun players with nowhere to go and three defenders in front of them and break all three tackles is lame. And higher the cpu breaks every first tackle Got tackle at 10 and theres still enough broken tackles. It all has to do how high your slider tackle is.

Got my threshold at 57 and whne a player is faster he is still faster threshold doesnt change that
See my philosophy with sliders definitely lend itself to the fact that most runners (unless facing a much stronger opponent) will usually break one on one tackles if they have momentum behind them. However as I said facing a group this should never happen. No way in the NFL does a guy break more than 2 tackles every in a run. This is why players like Marshawn Lynch shine when they do once in their career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »