Home

HB sub out and not return in M12

This is a discussion on HB sub out and not return in M12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
HB sub out and not return in M12

I've noticed in a few of my franchise games in M12 that in the later parts of the game, my HB (and the CPUs) will sub out and not return. I've tried reshuffling the depth chart and no matter what I do, I can't get him back in. Anyone else see this? If so, what can be changed to overcome this? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: HB sub out and not return in M12

I remember that issue.

Your sub-in is too high for the fatigue setting and/or usage of your HBs.

What happens in M12 is progressive fatigue. Each quarter, the max energy of players decreases and players tend to tire faster as the game goes on (effect increased for the road team). Fatigue slider being higher can increase this draining impact and lessen the recovery rate.

If a player's energy can't recover as high as the sub-in rate for HB, he won't come back in.

Keep in mind every action costs some energy, including being hit. So, if your back is a power guy like Blount or Mendenhall, you might want to see your sub-in lower for HB, so you can use them all game. Or, alternatively, make sure to use them a bit less during the early stages of the game.

Same for backs you might throw to, like if you had Rice or Charles. Running routes takes energy and it tends to get them hit more.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Pro

kcsam's Arena

That is great information. Thank you. Makes sense, too. Being that I run McFadden pretty heavy early on and throw to him a ton as well.

I currently have my fatigue set at 60 and my sub out HB at 90 and return at 92. What would you suggest? I'd like to be able to get my backup HB at least 5-10 carries a gaime and maybe even my 3rd 1-3 carries. Is this even possible with what you described as the "progressive fatigue" ?

Do you have a set of sub ins/outs (for all positions) and fatigue sliders that you found to be successful when (if you are still currently even playing) playing M12? Thanks for your help.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I used these with 73 fatigue:

QB Out

QB In

RB Out

RB In

WR Out

WR In

FB/TE Out

FB/TE In

OL Out

OL In

DT Out

DT In

DE Out

DE In

LB Out

LB In

CB Out

CB In

S Out

S In

But then I went with 100 fatigue:

Subs

QB Out

QB In

RB Out

RB In

WR Out

WR In

FB/TE Out

FB/TE In

OL Out

OL In

DT Out

DT In

DE Out

DE In

LB Out

LB In

CB Out

CB In

S Out

S In

(Positions that are mostly packages get low sub rates, which are most of them, really. DL and HB are about the only fatigue subs in most cases. If you want HB to stay in longer, try 80/82 - by AndrewGW88)

Going with the 100 fatigue makes those STA ratings matter a ton, but will GREATLY increase the chance of injury given how the game works. If you use 100 fatigue, I suggest an injury slider no higher than about 8 (yes, eight). For 73 fatigue, I used 44 injury.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Pro

kcsam's Arena

So what is the biggest difference between fatigue at 100 vs. 73? It seems like 73 would be the most realistic way to go ? Maybe I'm missing something. I just want to find the most realistic sliders so that DMC and the CPU HB are not on the bench the entire 4th quarter.

With 73 fatigue, do you find the WRs subbing out on long drives or after a few long balls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I like 100 more because it "edits" the ratings down via fatigue that can improve the gameplay. You get more separation of ratings, and with ratings lower, it helped with the gliding and such that happened in that game. It also puts more emphasis on ball control or avoiding 3-and-outs. Turnovers could create quick changes that didn't give your D time to rest, etc.

73 doesn't quite go that far, but includes some of the same elements and does stress stamina still.

If I remember right, the WR shouldn't come out with those 73 subs, but I don't remember a lot at that setting. If nothing else, you could set them to 1/2 like in the 100 and that would guarantee (basically, barring some really, really long drive) that they would not come out.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
Pro

kcsam's Arena

This was all great information. I appreciate your help and time on the subject. I think I'll take your advice and try it at 100. Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »