Home

Any fix for RB running into OL?

This is a discussion on Any fix for RB running into OL? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
Rookie

DC330's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any fix for RB running into OL?

It's definitely hard to do in this one. Just gotta look for that hole and follow your lead block (if there is one) or try to bounce it outside. In real life if you run full speed into your own man (see: Sanchez), you won't just keep going, ya know?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Any fix for RB running into OL?

I've noticed the CPU really look better and make better moves/cutbacks, jukes, with higher BTK. I'm currently testing with CPU BTK on 100 and they don't seem to be breaking many more tackles, just making smarter runs and finding the hole in the D.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I am not sure how much confidence any of you have in any of what you are saying but I am already experiencing the results he is looking for. You can't get these results single-handedly.

Now, KB and Sturz, I am not knocking opinions. But if a woman asks for a breast augmentation or a breast reduction because her balloon breasts are a pet peeve. She goes to a breast surgeon and he explains the possible hazards but ultimately he is there for her. You don't steer the patient away from their ambitions - it is not like she is requesting death. Anyhow, that's what it looks like the way KB was responding. HE was articulating his own position and offering his own dissuading advice on why to avoid going the route the OP desires to go yet the OP said himself it is a PET PEEVE..

I don't mind opinions, of course.. or controversy but there's a place for it. We should be considerate of the OP when we're espousing our tongues so as we don't just come across as spouting for the sake of spouting. He didn't even clarify my original post carefully *( lol so yes I am offended.

75% of what KB said was a paraphrase response and critical analysis of what I had said. His tidbit regarding what the OP actually requested was to up run blocking. Well, I'm not sure the OP wants the game to become easier - it is a very specific request. Sure you can up run blocking and kill the CPU's block shedding to improve the run game but is that really what his request is?

Remember the patient and her specifics. She's asking for a reduction and not to some random size.. It's a surgical matter. If we can't help in a surgical matter sometimes we should peep out our just say we don't know. We don't always have to come across as being in the know esp. when we are not or have our own biased opinions that are contrary to what the OP wants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #12
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
I'm currently testing with CPU BTK on 100 and they don't seem to be breaking many more tackles, just making smarter runs and finding the hole in the D.
Man you should really just start playing the game. Your never going to get it perfect no matter what so I don't see how anyone can keep testing sliders all year long.

Just roll with your best settings and enjoy the game it's already January.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
Rookie

BillsneedNEWowner's Arena

OVR: 3

Hanz,

I really liked your post about the fumble slider and run block opening up things, etc. I wonder if you could post your complete sliders because I would like to take them for a spin.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
Man you should really just start playing the game. Your never going to get it perfect no matter what so I don't see how anyone can keep testing sliders all year long.

Just roll with your best settings and enjoy the game it's already January.
I didn't start playing M13 until October, around Patch 3. I was late to the party this year . I also noticed how patch 3 really changed my All-Madden sliders, so it was back to slider testing.
3months later, I'm really liking the setup I'm on and have been enjoying a Nice CCM!
Lately, I've just been giving guys advice on what may help if they are struggling in certain areas.
And your correct, when you say, I don't know how anyone can keep testing sliders all year either.
You'd be surprised how many guys have changed their sliders and/or still changing sliders, even after Christmas/New Year Holidays.
I may still tweak things a lil here or there, "testing" out the change.

Last edited by D_Fos; 01-07-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
I didn't start playing M13 until October, around Patch 3. I was late to the party this year .
You were late, too?

Granted, you were still earlier than me I got the game in mid-November. You were fashionably late. I was party-crasher late.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »