Home

Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

This is a discussion on Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #73
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Whats the gameplay like w kr/pr intwrferwnce at 1?
The thing I notice the most is that players on D don't move until the offense makes a move. So on a running play while the handoff is happening, unless they are blitzing the LBs will read whats going on and after the running back gets into the play they will react. Other positions react accordingly but are focused on their assignment first. With it at 100 they all immediately went after the ball. All 11 defenders. So after a running play with it at 100 I would be surrounded by 9+ defenders and with my guys standing around, but with it at 0 the defenders react in waves so its 3-4 man gang tackles instead of the whole team making an unrealistic Bline at me.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #74
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yep - helps with that charge into a mess and then get caught in traffic nonsense LBs do.

Also allows good lineman to chop them down if they don't decipher fast enough, which is also nice (except when it happens to McClain and he hasn't gotten his quota of tackles yet LOL )
Definitely!

I could use your opinion on setting up the CPU QBs. I just want them to hit the open guy more often! lol Is that all QBA or what? They seem so dumb!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #75
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Yep - helps with that charge into a mess and then get caught in traffic nonsense LBs do.

Also allows good lineman to chop them down if they don't decipher fast enough, which is also nice (except when it happens to McClain and he hasn't gotten his quota of tackles yet LOL )

Have you tried Offsides: 25, False Start: 0? I'm fooling with that (right now all my penalty sliders are 0 or 25 LOL - didn't even mean for that to happen). 50/75 is what I have for the 'main' sets I use and it's pretty solid. I'm liking 25/0 so far as well. Pocket can close around the QB without always getting the instant shedding (it still happens, though, but sometimes they close in and once I backed up and threw off my back foot and almost salvaged the play. I saw the CPU sidestep, move out of the pocket, then had time - threw a strike for 20+ yards. That was nice.

Seeing that made me want to give it some more time. Was curious if you've tried it and if so, what did you see?
I haven't yet. But I have seen the CPU make those pocket moves, I think thats because of us both having low intentional grounding. Ill give 25 and 0 a shot for offsides and false start because I cant stand these QBs being in the pocket for 8 seconds regularly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Definitely!

I could use your opinion on setting up the CPU QBs. I just want them to hit the open guy more often! lol Is that all QBA or what? They seem so dumb!
Yeah, QBA seems strange. I think it's a combo of QBA, Intentional Grounding (make them take what they see more, but too high might make them panic and just throw away without letting the play develop) and figuring a way to get a good, but not overpowered rush.

I actually like the lower QBA's because higher makes them seem to want to go deep too much for me, passing up open guys. Robert Griffin III ate me alive for 78% or something completion a couple games ago with my usual set...with 31 QBA, 50 WR Catch...so something else is making that happen - aside from scrub play by my corners. Plus, too high and mediocre guys seem to pinpoint for my taste.

Pass rush speeds up that clock in their head and gets guys around them so they feel more compelled to throw - so they take that check down. I often like to call Dime Cover 4 because it's a good test. You're vacating short and most of medium (have a good MLB). Do they take it if the pressure gets there? Are they finding holes deeper? (My ZCV isn't great overall) or are they taking coverage sacks?

Last edited by KBLover; 01-15-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I haven't yet. But I have seen the CPU make those pocket moves, I think thats because of us both having low intentional grounding. Ill give 25 and 0 a shot for offsides and false start because I cant stand these QBs being in the pocket for 8 seconds regularly.
Tell me about it.

That and trying to get run blocking more controlled (I'm all for attacking the second level, but some of the guys who were doing it...sucked), without killing their "eyes" for blocking assignment and downfield blocking (run block slider). I also wanted less "lockdown on the LBs" without higher BSH slider. Okay, you got my guys blocked - HB got 5 yards - that's GOOD in the NFL. That's what I'm shooting for there too.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #78
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Tell me about it.

That and trying to get run blocking more controlled (I'm all for attacking the second level, but some of the guys who were doing it...sucked), without killing their "eyes" for blocking assignment and downfield blocking (run block slider). I also wanted less "lockdown on the LBs" without higher BSH slider. Okay, you got my guys blocked - HB got 5 yards - that's GOOD in the NFL. That's what I'm shooting for there too.
Yup. I'm okay with the running game. I get a good flow of gains less than 3 yards or TFL with a couple bursts of 5-10 yards from the CPU, when I am using a good run defense. But I feel like I the chance for a big run is always there. Bernard Scott just had a 10 yard carry where he hard juked around the LT and burst upfield (Against the broncos) but they've been stuffed a few times too. No one one on the DLine ever gets pushed too far back unless its a double team which I like. All about if the LBs can fill the gaps or if a really good dlineman can get a TFL. Even with Holding at 25, False start at 0 and Offsides at 25. I really love the running game.

Still seems like once the CPU oline gets their hands on a defender in pass blocking the are never getting beat. I can get pressure by blitzing because the blitz pickup is more organic and sometimes I get through. But the block shedding just needs something.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #79
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Just blitzed rushed 6. All guys get picked up, von miller gets thrown down by RT. Dalton has 7+ seconds.

Ill have to get back at this tomorrow. Going to have to put the sliders back where I was getting good results before.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #80
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Went back to some old settings.

Tackle back to 15 for CPU. I just like the feel better. Still plenty of one on one tackles.

CPU QBA 40, INT Grounding 35. Opens up the CPU passing game for better or worse. They are more confident in their arms and they take shots downfield. I rather see an INT downfield on than that damn INT to a two guys whove been standing in the flat the whole play together. They attempt to scramble more instead of turn it over.

CPU RBK 0. BTK 15. The blocking is okay, they simply just need the AI boost. The RBs vision is just bad. AP wasnt a threat if he has no vision. Vikings are currently running pretty well on the Colts. Should have to work hard to shut down the run game against an elite back.

Clipping at 50. Holding 35. Roughing the Passer 0. Lets the 4 man rush get at me a little bit but keeps the run blocking in tact. I was holding the ball in the pocket with Ponder and got smashed in the back by Haggans who beat my LT. I wish I could get the Hum to get a rush from that side.

OPI 25 DPI 25. Just like it here lol.
Just saw Michael Jenkins beat Whitner on an IN route. Whitner was facing the sideline expecting a corner route and Jenkings cut in and Whitner had to plant and turn his hips and drive on the Jenkins to make the tackle.

Liking the play..going to save and rerun another game.

Playing Vikings at 49ers. Acc clock off.

7 for 17 with Peterson 2 for 8 with Gerhart. Says Peterson has 0 BTK but hes snuck out of a few but the 49ers D swarms.

Kaepernick has ran 3 times for 27. Gore 5 for 20. James 1 for 2. Kaep has only tried 2 passes. Got 1 for 18. He took off on the other 3 passes.

Currently getting my *** wooped 27 to 10 in the third. Kaepernick is killing my secondary with the short passes. I like it better than him being an idiot. I'll try to up the D instead of lowering QB CPU Accuracy again. Or maybe hes just having a great game and ill leave it.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »