Home

Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

This is a discussion on Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

Me, Colts, hosting the bears. OP settings.

Bears opening drive

10 yard rush by Forte. He broke the first tackle i attempted from behind and the safety came in and stopped him 1 on 1 after 10 yards.

Cutler Sacked for 2 yard loss. Quick slants and DT beat his man quick and get to cutler before he could release.

Pass to Marshal for 8 yards. 5 step drop, IN route against 2 man under. Cornerback made tackle from behind after catch.

Pass 15 yards to Davis. 3 step drop out route. Catch made about 5 yards, attempted a dive tackle, shouldered into his thigh with Zibkowski and he broke it. Corner and Safety then sandwhiched him.

5 yard Rush by Forte. Left A gap, met the middle linebacker in the hole half truck/half tackle and he stumbled, plenty of players around cleaned it up.

4 Yard rush by Forte. Stiff arms the 2nd MLB and gets tackled by Mathis before he can finish the stiffarm.

29 yard rush by Bush. Horrible playcall by me. had 8 guys in the box with my nickle D. Single Safety was 7 yards from LOS. He stepped up intho the mush and bush cut left and had a Bline to the endzone. Bethea just a tad too far behind to catch up.

My opening drive

Pass for 11 yards to Ballard. HB Angle against Tampa 2. Urlacher comes up and sticks me then i get swarmed be 3 other bears as hes yanking me down.

-1 yard rush by Ballard. Outside zone. Garbage fullback ignores Roach and goes for the safety, im assuming hes low rated, i have no idea who he is. Me one on one with roach and he im only able to fall foward as he tackles me.

Incomplete pass. Overthrew a FB screen. Dual HB swap.

Pass for 28 yards to Wayne. Corner route against Cover 2. Tillman got a good press but I had plenty of time in pocket because I slid protection left where I saw the blitz coming and it was a zone blitz so the DE on the right dropped out and I slid right to throw to Wayne.

Pass for 7 yards to Collie. 5 yard curl, catch and turn against Cover 2 in the middle of the field and met by Urlacher again. Protected ball and he blasted me 2 yards to the left.

3 yard rush by Ballard. The center couldn't hold his block and the corner came from the outside so I went inside and squeezed just bast the DT but Roach broke his block and brought me down as I was trying to pass.

0 Yard rush by Ballard. Poor blocking again but got the inch for a first down.

Incomplete pass to Wayne. He was wide open on a GO route against Cover 2 after the PA fake. The Safety on his side was shading to the TE who was also on a GO. Tried to bullet it and just over threw Wayne. Should've just normal pressed.

10 yard pass to Collie. Slant against Cover 2, had time to wait for him to come across the middle thanks to RB picking up DE after he beat the RT. Met Urlacher and he stopped me just short of the first.

10 yard Rush by Browner. Power left. FB had his head in the game and sealed this time on Urlacher, VARIATION! and I was free to take it outside. Collie made a push block by the CB recovered and and slowed me down enough for Briggs to catch up who was just slightly blocked by the TE when I took the edge.

Incomplete Pass to Hilton. Threw late out route against Cover 2. Jennigns should've had pick.

0 yard rush by Ballard. Tried the power left again, no FB, Everyone on left side gets beat so Brigges Urlacher and DE swarm me.

7 yard pass to wayne. Quick slant against sugar 2 coverage. Wayne makes a diving catch in the middle of the zone but lands at the 3. 4th and Goal.

2 yard rush by Ballard. Goalline power O to the right, cut it straight upfield and meet Melton , start to push through him but this gave the safety enough time to shed his block and help out while #52 reached out to help Melton. Turnover on downs.

Love this set. Real drives. And if I make a better throw I get a TD. I could've had a gimme FG. But I went for the points and came up short.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltzfn
Interesting idea on the 0 base sliders, I am using them right now and actually enjoy them. I play as the Chargers and they seem to be pretty realistic, like I struggle against pass heavy teams, and cant score a frikin touchdown to save my life in the second half! Ok the last parts not true, just a little anger releasing. Plus being a casual Maddden gamer I like the fact they are not super hardcore, but not super easy either. Nice work
2nd half struggles of the Chargers. Thanks for the feed back.

I'd say work Gates man, work him like he should be worked. No shame in throwing passes under 10 yards to him because hes a dominating TE and thats where he will be open. He may not be able to break it but it will move the chains for ya.

Did you play with 0 threshold and CPU tackle at 25?

Sidenote:
****kkk. CPU passes 3 times from their 1. First play, pass tipped by DB on quick flat route to TE. Almost had INT on deflection. 2nd pass hit cutler but he just releases. 3rd pass, I blitz 8 and hit him after the PA fake but he ducks the tackle and hits the FB in the flat who runs for the first. DAMN! haha
Forced a punt at midfield. Cutler is dancing in the pocket but I was finally able to get a little pressure and forced a bad throw on 3rd down.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-11-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Of course, Urlacher gets hurt. His backup comes in and swims past the LG coming at him but whiffs on a high tackle. Briggs was their to back him up though afterword. Urlacher didn't miss any tackles. Looking good.

Cannot keep up on defense in the first half. This Colts D isn't too talented lol. Cant get a consistent pass rush. Cutler had all day and broke another sack and fired to marshall and I user mistake'd and let him score after the catch. Hes forced some throws that were incomplete but they've gotten the bigger plays. The Bears D is stiff and its a grind trying to move on them. Im 7/17 for 78 and hes 5/11 for 115 in the first half.

Difference in the game? Running attacks. Forte 14 for 98. Ballard 7 for 3. But thats just the matchup. I know from other games with these sliders I can play solid run D but I lert Forte get away from me a few times because the defense is a little weaker and smaller than I'm use to and hes an ELITE back. This is how it probably should go down. The user has to be the difference.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-11-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #28
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Abandoned the run on my first drive of the 2nd half. Tried to stay away from those damn LBs. Starting at my own 13 because of holding: Allen 9 yards, Allen 18 yards (broke arm tackle, Hilton 5 yards, Avery 8 yards, Incomplete, Incomplete, 3rd and long, Allen for 5 yards and Urlacher blast him and knocks him out the game.

But I turn things around for me. Blitzing heavy got me a TFL on Forte and contained him. Finally got them to 3rd and long after they converted the first 3rd down. Came on a corner blitz and forced cutler to throw it deep one on one and I made the INT.

FINALLY! Got a touchdown. Luck made a lot of errant throws, Colts line could not protect me so I got hit on most throws and it showed with a few incompletions. Even over threw 2 dump offs to the RB because I was in a rush. But Allen came back (Urlacher too btw) and was the man. Again, I let the running game go.

Drop/Defended. Allen for 18. Incomplete. Drop/Defended. Avery for 8. Hilton for 8 (on 4th 2). Allen for 4. Incomplete. Allen for 8. Incomplete. Allen for 11. Drop. Wayne 7 yard TD. An andrew luck drive. 21-7.

D stepped it up again. Gave up one 11 yard catch to Marshall then incomplete, sack and incomplete. Luck was back at it for me and I kept it short on their zone coverages. Had tillman force a fumble that went out of bounds luckily. And had to make a huge throw on 4th down.

Allen for 8. Ballard for -4 (rec). Wayne for 22. Allen for 6. Collie for 11. Avery for 7. Ballard for 10 (rec). Allen for 0. -2 rush Ballard. Incomplete. Allen for 22 yard TD in the seam! The comeback is almost there. 21-14.

DEFENSE! Stuck with the blitzes and just hoped they wouldnt pass on me. Didn't start out well. Cutler to Forte for 9 yards. Back to back 6 yard rushes by Forte. But then he subbed out. 2 yard run by bush on 2nd and 4. He broke the first tackle but was too slow and got hit again. 3rd down I bring the LB on a blitz and get past the center into the backfield but its a PA pass and I slam into cutler but he shrugs me. Luckily I had backup and he gets sacked. They punt it to the 1 though. Here we go..

Andrew Luck! Got my first big play! Drive started at the 1. Fleener for 8, playaction curl. Ballard for -1. (F Ballard and this run game. But I have to keep trying every now and then. Peppers got me on this one) Avery for 6 on a curl. Allen for 14, urlacher sugar 2 blitz, quick throw. Brazill for 6. Took a 9 yard sack, no one was open. Wayne for 24, back to the opening in the cover 2 with a GO route. Total control passing to outside and got the catch. Incomplete to ballard, hes so slowww. Incomplete to Allen, blasted by the safety. Then the game tying play:

Andrew Luck Shotgun 5 wide set. Avery in the tight slot to the left. Defense in Dime, 2 Deep. Urlacher blitzes so as soon as I catch the ball I throw to Avery, I didnt even notice the DE dropped into coverage but he was too slow. When I threw the ball he had inside position. Avery had his foot on the left hash and I threw with Luck's foot on the right hash. The ball landed right in the middle. As it was in the air for 15 yards Avery with his speed made it to the spot before #99. The safetys retreated toward to the sideline at the snap as part of their coverage. When I caught the ball and it the right hash heading straight up field. Conte was between the left numbers and hash and Wright was on the number 30. They were almost parallel about 3 yards ahead of me. I sprint toward the endzone and Conte is just way too slow, has to go around the ref a bit and doesnt even make it to the right hash before I hit the 20. I'm 3 steps ahead of the DE and pulling away and Conte is further behind that after turning at a bad angle. Wright takes the perfect angle as soon as I catch it. We end up parallel at about the 17 but he is still on the inside of the numbers and Im on the outside of the hash. I speed right past him and he ends up between me and the D at about the 5 and I dive into the endzone. When I dove at the 1 and half, Wright as at the 5 and #99 was a step behind at the 6. 0 Threshold is perfect as its going to get for me.

VICTORY! 24-21 COLTS! On the next Bears drive with 1:51 to go. First play, I run cover 1 and use the yellow safety to double Marshall who curls. Cutler takes the sack for loss of 8. Next play Forte runs for 10 yards, wide open to the left but safety and corner close. Then on 3rd down I run cover 3 out of the Nickle. Single WR to the right with no TE is the Marshall. So I user the OLB who is covering that right blue zone and use him to give help on Marshall. Forte stays in to block so no one is on this side of the field at all except marshall and he is running a slant. There is going to be an open spot in my zone so I take off with the LB and chase him. He crosses the face of the MLB right as Cutler tosses the ball to the open spot. He leads the ball high and lobs it and I'm able to recover and get the user pick! My MLB was also paying attention and making a play . Cutler definitely gets the force ball award, but this is what he does. The TE and Slot WR ran flats to the left against a yellow and blue zone, covered. Bennet was streaking deep against a corner covering deep and a safety in the middle backing up. Marshall on the LB in the zone is where to go unless he wants to run it. The D stepped up huge. Run the ball a couple of times and kick the game winning field goal.

Luck finishes 37/61 409 3TDs, Long of 51. Cutler 11/21 193. 1TD 2INT. Long of 50.
Forte 21 for 120 1TD. Long of 33, 1 run over 20, 36 YAC.
Ballard 13 for 14. 11 YAC. Long of 9.
Allen 14 catches for 144 long of 22. Wayne 6 for 91. Avery 5 for 80. 66 19 and 53 YAC. Collie 4 for 46. Hilton 3 for 18
Marhsall 5 for 100. Bennet 2 for 27. Forte 1 for 9
Only 1 pancake. 3 sacks given up by bears, 2 by webb. 2 by colts.
Urlacher 11 Tackles, Tillman 7, Freeny 7, bethea 6, hayden 5, roach 5

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-11-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #29
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Great game against Washington. Started up a CCM and won 20-13.

Here are some stats.

Saints
60 Total Plays (38 Pass 22 Run)
297 Yards Total Offense
215 Pass Yards
82 Rushing Yards

57% 3rd Down Conversions
1 Turnover (1 Interception)
24:57 Time of Possesion

Drew Brees: 23-38 231 Yards 60% Comp 2 TD 1 INT

Darren Sproles: 7-23 3.2 Yards per Carry
Chris Ivory: 3-22 7.3 Yards per Carry
Mark Ingram: 3-21 7.0 Yards per Carry
Pierre Thomas: 6-20 3.3 Yards per Carry

Nick Toon: 8 Catches for 81 Yards
Marques Colston: 6 Catches for 57 Yards
Jimmy Graham: 3 Catches for 49 Yards

Defense: 3 Sacks & 1 Interception
Curtis Lofton: 11 Tackles & 1 Sack

- We could of had more yards but I don't know what happened. I was using "Run 'N Gun" Playbook and I wasn't very used to the routes. I was actually at 40% completions but I padded my stats with some short drag routes at the end of the game. The defense played well. We struggled to stop the run at first but I started calling the right plays. We only gave up 2 big yardage plays which is very good for the Saints.

Redskins
64 Total Plays (25 Pass 39 Run)
362 Yards Total Offense
177 Passing Yards
185 Rushing Yards

50% 3rd Down Conversions
2 Turnovers (1 Interception & 1 Fumble)
35:03 Time of Possesion

Robert Griffin III: 16-25 192 Yards 64% Comp 1 TD 1 INT

Alfred Morris: 24-102 4.2 Yards per Carry
Evan Royster: 6-39 6.5 Yards per Carry
Robert Griffin III: 5-35 7.0 Yards per Carry 1 FUM
Roy Helu Jr: 1-9 9.0 Yards per Carry

Santana Moss: 4 Catches for 35 Yards
Pierre Garçon: 3 Catches for 71 Yards 1 TD
Fred Davis: 2 Catches for 24 Yards

Defense: 2 Sacks & 1 Interception
London Fletcher: 11 Tackles & 1 Sack

- They really ran the ball a lot and consistently. Only about 3-5 carries we're for a loss. Though they controlled the clock, their possessions weren't really how I'd like them to be. It could just be from them running the ball and not my sliders, but they really didn't throw the ball deep enough like they do in real life. Alfred Morris had 4 catches, I believe that's more than he had all season haha.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
Great game against Washington. Started up a CCM and won 20-13.

Here are some stats.

Saints
60 Total Plays (38 Pass 22 Run)
297 Yards Total Offense
215 Pass Yards
82 Rushing Yards

57% 3rd Down Conversions
1 Turnover (1 Interception)
24:57 Time of Possesion

Drew Brees: 23-38 231 Yards 60% Comp 2 TD 1 INT

Darren Sproles: 7-23 3.2 Yards per Carry
Chris Ivory: 3-22 7.3 Yards per Carry
Mark Ingram: 3-21 7.0 Yards per Carry
Pierre Thomas: 6-20 3.3 Yards per Carry

Nick Toon: 8 Catches for 81 Yards
Marques Colston: 6 Catches for 57 Yards
Jimmy Graham: 3 Catches for 49 Yards

Defense: 3 Sacks & 1 Interception
Curtis Lofton: 11 Tackles & 1 Sack

- We could of had more yards but I don't know what happened. I was using "Run 'N Gun" Playbook and I wasn't very used to the routes. I was actually at 40% completions but I padded my stats with some short drag routes at the end of the game. The defense played well. We struggled to stop the run at first but I started calling the right plays. We only gave up 2 big yardage plays which is very good for the Saints.

Redskins
64 Total Plays (25 Pass 39 Run)
362 Yards Total Offense
177 Passing Yards
185 Rushing Yards

50% 3rd Down Conversions
2 Turnovers (1 Interception & 1 Fumble)
35:03 Time of Possesion

Robert Griffin III: 16-25 192 Yards 64% Comp 1 TD 1 INT

Alfred Morris: 24-102 4.2 Yards per Carry
Evan Royster: 6-39 6.5 Yards per Carry
Robert Griffin III: 5-35 7.0 Yards per Carry 1 FUM
Roy Helu Jr: 1-9 9.0 Yards per Carry

Santana Moss: 4 Catches for 35 Yards
Pierre Garçon: 3 Catches for 71 Yards 1 TD
Fred Davis: 2 Catches for 24 Yards

Defense: 2 Sacks & 1 Interception
London Fletcher: 11 Tackles & 1 Sack

- They really ran the ball a lot and consistently. Only about 3-5 carries we're for a loss. Though they controlled the clock, their possessions weren't really how I'd like them to be. It could just be from them running the ball and not my sliders, but they really didn't throw the ball deep enough like they do in real life. Alfred Morris had 4 catches, I believe that's more than he had all season haha.
Sounds great! For the CPU throwing the ball deep, what do you have intentional grounding at? I also think it really depends on what you give them. If they catch you in a blitz and someone is running open deep they will throw it. But if you have 2 safetys back there they are going to go to who is open.

Looks like they ran their offense pretty efficiently but you turned up the run defense and that's what makes them go. RG3 throws a lot of shorter routes that Moss and Garcon run a lot further for him with their speed. Thats usually because the D is so concerned with them running so well.

After this game I'm going to run Falcons Saints.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-11-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

I'd love to see some of your highlights with these if any of you use the easportsworld. The TD I described on the last page coming soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

All of my sliders are at 50 except

False Start - 52
Holding - 54
Facemask - 55
Roughing the Passer - 54

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »