Home

Help choosing sliders

This is a discussion on Help choosing sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Help choosing sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
Do the 2 Minute Drill. Takes like literally 2 minutes if you play it out right.

I'll turn QBA and WR Catch up to 100 and do streaks up to the 40-30 yard-line. Then run down the clock to about 20-30 seconds left throwing drags and slants. Then score my touchdown. Easier than scoring fast and playing defense.

---

The higher Tackle rating makes things a lot smoother. I just need to adjust my sliders for the running game. It was nice to see Santana Moss break a tackle using a finese move than trucking. Something I haven't seen yet. Even small players like Sproles were trucking big Likebackers until how I'm actually seeing some nice juke animations and sort of step back and watch the defender break his ankles. Haha. Tackle and Break Tackle at 75 feels a lot better than low 0-25 numbers. Thanks!
Was thinking about trying 75/75 too. Adds a lot when CPU avoids tackles huh haha
Old 01-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Did you get that backwards? I'd rather have 100 Threshold on Very Fast than Very Slow.
That's your personal preference. That isn't where it's suppose to be. 0 threshold works out perfect for me and the many others who play on fast or very fast. It's all preference.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I don't think so. If you notice, everybody using slow has it at 75. So very slow would be the next increment up. I could be wrong though. I just know that animations look so much better and smoother when the tackling slider matches up with the game speed. High tackle at fast game speed doesn't look too hot.
Animations, you might be right, but results-wise, I disagree.

But I tried Very Fast on 75 and thought it played largely the same as Slow, except for the obvious timing differences, but I can do the same stuff on 75 and see, relatively, the same sort of responses and play.

I don't think there's any "this must match that". It's all relative to what you want to see and the results you get and how you want to get them.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe higher settings do give smoother gameplay than lower settings.

Afterall, 80% of Madden players play on Pro or Rookie. Higher slider settings would have nicer animations than say 0-25 where it feels all rag-dollish.

The first play, Santana Moss caught a drag route and planted his foot to turn back to the middle and Bobby Wagner slipped when turned around to get him. By the time Moss turned around and ran up the middle Earl Thomas was there. He jukes backwards as Thomas attempted a tackle and then hurdled over him. Wagner came back to tackle him in his hurdle and was a pretty sweet animation.

Then the next play was a toss with Alfred Morris. And I've had horrible experiences with tosses. They usually just run into their blockers and get attached to them becoming unbalanced or fall backwards like their Lineman just layed a big hit on him. Instead, he sort of bounces/jukes out a bit and continues to cut the corner. He stiff arms a player and keeps running a few yards as the defender keeps trying to tackle or push him out of bounds. He lets go of his helmet as soon as they're parallel then let's go and jukes to the inside of the corner when the Safety gives a blind big hit on him.

Was pretty fun. This was on 75/75. The animations seemed so "commercial" with the smoothness and chain reaction animations and moves the ball carrier does. Nothing felt rag-dollish about it. Just need getting used to the extremely slow kicking meter.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7
I agree in that it all is personal preference. I just prefer my games to look as smooth as possible, especially with the new IE being so sloppy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:

Afterall, 80% of Madden players play on Pro or Rookie. Higher slider settings would have nicer animations than say 0-25 where it feels all rag-dollish.

80%??? I highly doubt that only 20% of Madden players are using All-Pro and All-Madden. Most of the sliders on this site is All-Madden and All-Pro and most of the new guys who jump on here are looking for All-Madden or All-Pro sliders. Pro and rookie are for beginners and guys who struggle with the game. My 10 year old son dominates on Pro. Most guys who have been playing Madden for 3 years or longer are either using All-Madden or All-Pro.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #23
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Help choosing sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by oducksfan
Thank you all for quickly replying with information as I will try out these sliders I took as a combination of wiki, KB's, knowledge of my skill on last used sliders

Game Speed: Slow
Threshold: 40(I like to see speed affect the game)
Fatigue: 40
Injuries: 55

FG Power: 60(Kai Forbath had trouble with 45 yd attempts with slider at 50 which is not realistic as in real life he had plenty of range and could get ~55 yards next year)
Accuracy: 45
Punt Power: 55
Punt Acc: 100
Kickoff Power: 60(Not seeing as many touchbacks as real life)

QB Acc 20(Kirk Cousins[yes not the best QB to go off of] was missing my WR by 5,10 yards with no pressure, RG3's deep ball was like he was playing against the Seahawks.
Pass Block 35
WR Catching 50(Had it at 55, but not enough drops)
Break Tackle 25
Run Block 35
Fumbles 10
Pass Defense React Time : 20
Interceptions: 20
Pass Rushing 35
Rush React Time 25(Opponent RB were having a too high YPC)
Block Shedding 5
Tackling 20

CPU

QB Accuracy 15
Pass Blocking 25
WR Catching 50
Broken Tackles 23(RB's were making too many broken tackles)
Run Blocking 33(Holes were gigantic)
Fumbles 10
Pass Defense Reaction Time 18(To many passes batted down)
Interceptions 20
Pass Rushing 30(Sacked almost 3 of 4 dropbacks)
Rush Defense Reaction Time 18
Block Shedding 5
Tackling 20

Will post result of Washington verse Chicago of my next preseason game.
I would suggest tweaking your sliders from either All-Pro or All-Madden. I've tested mine from a setup of
User/CPU
50/75

I've used all the feedback from guys Boxscores/stats and any feedback from what they've PM'd me.

If you wanna test these and leave any feedback, that would be cool.

Btw, I use the Skins and I tried the lower QB acc for a few games, it just didn't seem right seeing
RG III throwing the ball right at the Safety or Out of Bounds everytime. I like the User sliders at or around 50 for the most part.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-realism.html

Last edited by D_Fos; 01-19-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #24
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
80%??? I highly doubt that only 20% of Madden players are using All-Pro and All-Madden. Most of the sliders on this site is All-Madden and All-Pro and most of the new guys who jump on here are looking for All-Madden or All-Pro sliders. Pro and rookie are for beginners and guys who struggle with the game. My 10 year old son dominates on Pro. Most guys who have been playing Madden for 3 years or longer are either using All-Madden or All-Pro.
You know OS Forums only has a few thousand active members? And Madden has but a few million active players.

I'm talking Madden in general, not on the forums. Outside of this forum, I haven't came across one person who hasn't grown out of that "I'm so pro dude" playing on Pro stage putting up 100+ points a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »