Home

WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Yeah the game was amazing, some throws that are routine with higher QBA are just a no go with 2 QBA. The catches were amazing and Larry Fitzgerald stood out tremendously.

I'm wondering about lowering the WR catch though because then Bad catching players can thrive. I may settle on 65-80 but will need a few more games to gauge that.

I play on very slow also and the feel of the game is just sick. I wont make an argument for you guys to play on very slow but i tested 40 times and it made them realistic. My theory is that if you run a 4.5 40 YD, you should run maybe a 4.9 or 5.0 with 20 pound equipment on, along with them not being in a sprinters stance before they take off. Also the field feels SOOOO much bigger, feels just right because 10 yards can't be covered in a half of a second.

But that's just me, i like the muddy feel of the player movement and the weight of the players on that speed, just my preference.
Good to see everyone can make their tweaks and be happy! Maybe that's why you can pass better on low QBA. On Fast I can't hit a damn thing. Hmmmm. Really glad you mentioned its on very slow because I do know the ball trajectory/physics change with gamespeed. I know on fast it's alot harder for me to pass than on slow with the same QBA.

That's what I like about Human WR catch on 75. Julio goes up and gets those but Roddy doesn't do it the same and my slot guy is hit or miss but I saw him make a 1 handed catch. but I give him the easy drags/inside routes.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-27-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

For folks arguing QB success and Offense Success -- how often do we hear the announcers say, "These WR's -- kids dream to be a WR, these DB's these days can't even touch 'em.."

-- WR's thrive! Offense Passing Games thrive - they have the edge! Even in zones you feel like you're on lonely island - I have played semi pro football against pro's who got cut -- DB is a disciplined position. I've played WR too and that position also requires the discipline but as a WR you long for the spec. catches!

It's about creating sexy moments man -- not all this grind it out till you feel like a put put car by the end of the game. Sometimes the game is like that but that's what the Defense is for - they gotta stand up and make a stand!

For anyone cynical about QB success -

• RG3 finished with a QB rating above 100 - I think it was 104 and some change to be precise.
  • Alex Smith had a game this season where he finished 18/19 against the Cards. (Record holder for 15 or more attempts).
  • NFL median for 2012 QB Passer RTG is 85.8 - Greenbay was the Hi with 107.1 and the Low was Cards with 63.1
Rodgers, Manning, Alex, RG3, and Russel all finished 100+ in QB RTG. The game Smith had against the Cards still resulted in only a 21pt difference @ 24-3. There have been bigger blowouts as we know without such an exceptional passing game.

*This is not a call-out to Wiz - everyone has their opinions and objectives.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #19
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
For folks arguing QB success and Offense Success -- how often do we hear the announcers say, "These WR's -- kids dream to be a WR, these DB's these days can't even touch 'em.."

-- WR's thrive! Offense Passing Games thrive - they have the edge! Even in zones you feel like you're on lonely island - I have played semi pro football against pro's who got cut -- DB is a disciplined position. I've played WR too and that position also requires the discipline but as a WR you long for the spec. catches!

It's about creating sexy moments man -- not all this grind it out till you feel like a put put car by the end of the game. Sometimes the game is like that but that's what the Defense is for - they gotta stand up and make a stand!

For anyone cynical about QB success -

• RG3 finished with a QB rating above 100 - I think it was 104 and some change to be precise.
  • Alex Smith had a game this season where he finished 18/19 against the Cards. (Record holder for 15 or more attempts).
  • NFL median for 2012 QB Passer RTG is 85.8 - Greenbay was the Hi with 107.1 and the Low was Cards with 63.1
Rodgers, Manning, Alex, RG3, and Russel all finished 100+ in QB RTG. The game Smith had against the Cards still resulted in only a 21pt difference @ 24-3. There have been bigger blowouts as we know without such an exceptional passing game.

*This is not a call-out to Wiz - everyone has their opinions and objectives.
Great stats. Sometimes I'm almost HOPING the CPU WR comes down with a catch instead of my guy LOL. It's like the CPU doesn't want the ball sometimes.

Remember how Martin was running all over the Falcons? Against the bears hes 5 for 8. Blount has 1 for 3. Bears D!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Also please Big bird put the house rule of no commit on defense. Committing against the CPU is just too overpowered, especially against the run. Please put no Left Trigger defense on the OP.

If you want to stop the run just pack the box with your safeties if you really are having trouble , then if you are having trouble with a WR then double or spotlight. Committing makes the CPU very bad and can almost eliminate them from the game completely.

If you use the Left Trigger commit then you aren't taking responsibility for your play calling and the players on your roster not being good enough.

Once again, if you want a real challenge from the CPU do not use the left trigger defense for anything. Not even to pinch your defense or shift them left or right. NO LEFT TRIGGER DEFENSE AT ALL.

In Madden 12 they didn't have the commit feature and the CPU gave a great challenge so do not use the left trigger on defense, it makes up for your teams weakness and allows players to play above their ratings and capabilities.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #21
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

@Ark - I gotta know what some of your settings are set at:

What is your Intentional Grounding Set to?
DPI/OPI?
PREAC & INT?
PBLK/PRush?

I want to try the experience out but don't want to miss any of the variables that may be contributing factors to your WR performance. I think those would be the main alibis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz

Then again, there ARE offenses that are run like that - by design, not just "because the game happened that way". For all the talk of offense and such, points per game, on average, haven't changed much in 30 years ('82, 20 PPG, now? 22-23 PPG)

Ground and Pound was there for a reason - not because they don't like great WR - because they didn't have one or a QB that can do it. The 2000 Ravens happened for a reason - not because they hated offense - but their QB was Dilfer and and offense was...trash.

I don't think it's about "sexy moments" or offensive advantage or any of that.

It's about football. It's about your team expressing it's personality. It's about you as virtual coach commanding your troops and using what they have to achieve your vision of victory. If it's grind it out and play D - the sliders should allow that just as much as if you want to revive the Run and Shoot. If it's get 5 blitzing LBs and run all kinds of looks from the "amoeba defense" (1-5-5 Prowl/Psycho, etc), so be it.

The important thing, imo, and what I think WTBB (and all of us) is trying to achieve is allowing for you to TRY whatever, but success comes from talent and how well your system meshes with the talent you have.

At least to me, that's the goal and maybe that's because I have a "coach's mindset" instead of a "player's mindset", but a good coach will create the "sexy moments" when the are there, because he'll put his players in position to succeed - and the sliders will just get out of the way and express it.

Just my view of what we are all doing as Madden modders.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Also please Big bird put the house rule of no commit on defense. Committing against the CPU is just too overpowered, especially against the run. Please put no Left Trigger defense on the OP.

If you want to stop the run just pack the box with your safeties if you really are having trouble , then if you are having trouble with a WR then double or spotlight. Committing makes the CPU very bad and can almost eliminate them from the game completely.

If you use the Left Trigger commit then you aren't taking responsibility for your play calling and the players on your roster not being good enough.

Once again, if you want a real challenge from the CPU do not use the left trigger defense for anything. Not even to pinch your defense or shift them left or right. NO LEFT TRIGGER DEFENSE AT ALL.

In Madden 12 they didn't have the commit feature and the CPU gave a great challenge so do not use the left trigger on defense, it makes up for your teams weakness and allows players to play above their ratings and capabilities.
The left trigger commit? See I am out of the loop. I thought they took out the run commit and pass commit. I have never even tried to do that. It was definitely BS before. I hope no one would be dumb enough to say "D is too easy, whenever I run commit I stop them".

I do shift and pinch however, with these settings because the RB's are skilled. If you shift right and they toss right, great call coach and maybe you have a bit of advantage. If you shift the wrong way you are toast. So that's a use at your own will. If you don't it definitely ups the challenged but that's a personal thing.

Speaking of lost features that are still in the game. How about Playmaker thats still in there! If you hold the left trigger you can direct the receivers but its not even on the button layout page. How crazy is that.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
100% agree.

"Commit" using your play call and adjustments at the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »