Home

WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Not one of those catches was a USER catch.. I like letting my WRs do there thing with the ball in the air. I'm also pretty good with throwing lob passes into spots that trigger those animations. I don't do too much USER catching anymore unless I'm playing somebody.. Naw Cruz wasn't in those clips. He's made some great catches for me too but I didn't record any..
Yep, Moore did his damage for me on 50, though I do see more than NFL rate of drops. But, yeah same here. His 95 SPC is going to do those things (speaking of Moore). Probably would on 40, which I would use if not for the coin flip nature of the catching there.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #58
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

So Into the 3rd QTR and I'm thinking why is Bush in the game but I throw him the ball anyway. I purposely try to get out of bounds and the the guy hits me anyway! But they call unnecessary roughness! That's why the replay cuts off. It won't let me show anything past that.

I hear you guys on the catching thing but honestly, don't knock it till you try it. it's not about more spectacular catches for average players. I don't know why you insist on thinking that is happening or that nobody is dropping the ball. It isn't about Slider 25 points higher means 25% more of players can do a crazy supercool looking catch. It's about balancing the passing game and ALLOWING for their to be jump balls where the WR can go up for it as well as the DBs can without turning the INT slider all the way down, or or changing the penalties. It just WORKS. I still see drops, I still see guys not getting their feet in. I still rarely see a great catch. No one on the dolphins is jumping over anyone for me. I have 2INTs and no TDs. Plug them in and see for yourself..
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I'm using coach mode and let the CPU take over for me after the snap, do I stick with the user sliders or go equal using the CPU sliders?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #60
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
If I'm using coach mode and let the CPU take over for me after the snap, do I stick with the user sliders or go equal using the CPU sliders?
I can't say for the longer term because I don't do coach mode exclusive. I have do have coach mode on and sometimes I let it throw and haven't had seen anything dumb but thats a limited amount of throws. If anything start at HUM then go to CPU if it doesn't work for ya.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #61
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Played my first game. It was preseason so wasn't to worried about stats just getting a feel for the game play. It was very fluid. Could really tell the difference between studs and scrubs. Stats did seem pretty good as well.

Here's a nice break off of the press coverage and a 15 yard fade to the back of the endzone by the cpu. Looked really nice.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I hear you guys on the catching thing but honestly, don't knock it till you try it. it's not about more spectacular catches for average players.
I have. Heck, you see I'm using 75 WR Catch on some of my sets and like I said, 50 can/did-for-me create too many drops.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #63
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

So I start my tenure as head coach getting blown at at home 40-9 to the damn Buccaneers. Imagine the dismay of the fans! haha I tried to test the throws a little bit and paid for it. Check out this lowlight. Thigpen did show great hustle closing on that LB.

Boxscore

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers ()610141040
Miami Dolphins (Me)06309
Team Stats Comparison
TAMMIA
Total Offense415355
Rushing Yards14498
Passing Yards271257
First Downs1820
Punt Return Yards2113
Kick Return Yards73152
Total Yards509520
Turnovers05 (3 INT/2FUM)
3rd Down Converstion4-142-10
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals7-7 (3TD 4FG)3-3 3FG
Penalties3-303-21
Posession Time30:4929:11
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Orlovsky Long3216/2825340
Freeman Long173/54200
F the punter
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Blount 37yards1stH Long24(1runover20)221014.5
Martin Longof178364.5
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Stocker TE685
Stroughter WR4682
Underwood WR3522
Blount RB230
Williams startWR227
Jackson StartWR115
Three others with 1. That was a SS, not a FB on the fake punt.
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
NIcks LG 6'5 34321
Rotson RT 69 3152
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
David ROLB8
Black LOLB7
Grimm SS5
Bennett LE52
Gaitor CB41
Miller DT4
Barron SS3
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Moore Long22 7.8YPA18/2620303
Tannehill3/55400
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Thigpen RB2 1FUM16553.4
Bush RB18283.5
Miller RB349
Lane FB 1FUM
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Mathews WR469
Thigpen RB434
Clay TE335
Binns WR342
Bush RB28
Fasano245
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Jerry LG 6'5 3281
J. Long LT 6'7 3171
J. Lane FB 5'11 277 (damnnnnnn)1
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Culver FS72
Burnett ROLB72
Spitler MLB63
Misi LOLB51
Amaya SS5
Dansby MLB31

As you can see I was horrible on offense. My guys dropped the ball due to me trying to do too much. I forced some passes testing Moore's weak arm and it proved weak (not even on deep throws, just to the sidelines). In the 2nd half i pretty much went exclusive blitzing to try to stop the run and you see how that worked out for me. I contained blount a bit. He got off to a hot start and slowed down but he was still getting first downs when they needed it. Gave them SEVEN red zones possesions.

I ran 60 plays based on attempts from QB and RB. CPU Ran 65. Throw in my handful of sacks from all the blitzing on backup qbs and its around 70. 15 minute QTRs, 15 second run off. I might want fatigue to factor in even more.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #64
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I have. Heck, you see I'm using 75 WR Catch on some of my sets and like I said, 50 can/did-for-me create too many drops.
Not on a set where everything is already out of wack. Plug in the sliders on the OP and tell me I'm wrong..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »