Home

Idea for Sliders in Future Madden titles

This is a discussion on Idea for Sliders in Future Madden titles within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Idea for Sliders in Future Madden titles

First off I know that was I'm about to suggest is not going to happen..second I also know that this would be low on my list of items that needs to be fix..however after reading, suggesting, talking to other people on this site..and the "new it" thing with sliders (getting rating to matter) I came up with this idea..now if it has been suggested before I'm sorry..

1. Get rid of Difficulty..no Pro/All Pro/ All Madden..

2. All the sliders need to be reworked and renamed..as we have all come to see as an example..WR Catch..doesn't effect just catching..it effects route running aggression of going after the ball etc..with that said this is how I would work it..
QB ability, RB ability, WR/TE ability, OL ability, DE ability and so on..

3. Now get rid of 0-100..out of box these sliders would start at 0 and go down to -50 up to +50..and this would mean out of box CPU and HUM would be equal..no advantage to either..this/along with no difficulty takes out the assumption of what gets the players to play to their ratings..as u move the slider up it "boosts" the players ability's and down lowers..

4. New slider consisting of CPU Coach intelligence which would work the same way -50 to +50 and 0 being they coach to what their ratings are..(which would mean CPU coaches need ratings which I think is a must on some level)..this would effect play calling, player packages, time management etc..

5. Now I also think that each slider should have a second slider which solely effects CPU players and HUM (CPU) players intelligence..again the same way..I think separating these two will greatly help..because I know at times I don't want the CPU to catch better or tackle better..but just be smarter..now again this would mean Madden would have to drastically make changes..cause just cause a player is smarter doesn't mean they read minds..know each play u call..etc

Now with these changes I think it would not only help the "sim players" but also help the causal player..would also help with all the confusion in slider making ie is it all pro is it all madden..it's cut and dry...because people get so wrapped up in "am i playing on the hardest level. dude its pro sliders not even going to try them" we all do it no matter what the title..its the competitiveness in us..its like the old "my dad is stronger then u thing" anyway just my thought..

Sent from my head to my finger tips to ur eyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Idea for Sliders in Future Madden titles

agree with they need to add more sliders!
I like the sliders for coaches Idea

dont agree with getting rid of the difficulty levels.

3 and 5 already exist in the game. your -50 to +50 is all cosmetic. it's tbe the same as having the numbering system now.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Idea for Sliders in Future Madden titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
3 and 5 already exist in the game. your -50 to +50 is all cosmetic. it's tbe the same as having the numbering system now.
Yeah, what he said.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
agree with they need to add more sliders!
I like the sliders for coaches Idea

dont agree with getting rid of the difficulty levels.

Difficulty is mostly gone as it is no? Just look at the 75 and under rule..I think it just adds confusion now a days..5. is in the game already? what slider affects CPU intelligence only?

Sent from my head to my finger tips to ur eyes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »