Home

The EA Overall Rating

This is a discussion on The EA Overall Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The EA Overall Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm almost 100% sure that awareness does nothing in game. CPU controlled Romo, Murray, and a created RT played great with 0 awareness. Romo was 6-6 with a TD before his first int. Murray ran great. I can't figure out what that rating is even for.
Awareness makes a difference in my games.

I really see it in pocket presence and seems to impact how/when some of the traits are applied (like if the QB has "Throws Ball Away: Yes" and "Force Passes: Aggressive" seems to dictate which of these takes place and when) - also seems to impact defender performance against the QB. I have an easier time getting picks (I don't switch, so it's CPU doing it) against lower AWR QBs than high AWR QBs, even if the both threw it right to a defender.

CPU QBs with higher AWR tend to at least attempt to buy time and get the ball out before the sack, if not just take off and run. Low AWR QBs tend to just stand there and get pummeled.

And if a QB throws a pick once every 7 passes, that's....pretty damn bad (14%!). The average INT rate was 2.6% last season. The WORST rate was 4.2%.

If the 6 passes were to largely open WR, AWR may not have mattered as much, but if he tried to fit the ball in to tighter coverage, AWR may matter then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »