Home

Punt power having weird effects?

This is a discussion on Punt power having weird effects? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Punt power having weird effects?

I've been using KBlovers sliders for three seasons now and after 13 games in my third season I decided I wanted to get a bit more distance on my punts. I increased punt power from 43 to 55.

What I saw after I did that astounded me. After making that change and exiting out of Madden and turning it back on the next day, my team played like a different team. My qb, Tannehill, in his third year had thrown 28 tds and 11 tds through 13 games. In the final three games 2 tds 9 int. he went from averaging 320 yrds/game to about 180/ game .

My pro bowl drafted received went from 8 catches per game with maybe 1-2 drops per 3 games to 5 drops per game as so on

After I changed it back to 43 for the playoffs, my players reverted back to their previous form. Now this is only one example, who knows if it's relevant or not, but it was a big shock to me and wanted to share what I'd noticed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Punt power having weird effects?

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised by this at all actually. The discovery that penalty sliders have effect on gameplay really place this entire slider system into question. I believe that the prior development team consolidated many tuning aspects into a catch all sliders for sake of time or to prevent bugs, and probably still arent understood by the team in place now. The QB accuaracy slider for example improves O-line, WR, and QBs from my experience - the exact point is relative to the other sliders that affect those areas as well.

One question though...Are you playing, coaching, or simulating these games to get these results?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm playing the games
Old 06-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Wha....?

You upped punt power and your offense went to mush?

Wow...Gonna have to try that...*makes a note*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »