Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE & ONLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

UPDATED 2/9/2012 ********************* FINAL SET FROM DA WIZ ********************************************

SLIDER WIZ'S CHAMPIONSHIP SLIDERS (BEST SLIDERS EVER PRODUCED, GUARANTEED ....... by da Wiz ....)

Ladies.... This is it.... My last slider recommendations post.... Played these sliders in NOLA during Super Bowl week with a lot of guys in advertising, marketing, operations, management and sales dudes from a lot company's including EA, Gatorade, Ford, Pepsi, just to name a few.... These sliders absolutely FLOORED them.... Games were SO fricking realistic.... In fact, my super bowl prediction came straight from a game played between the Ravens and 49'ers .... My final score prediction was NOT that far off the actual score....

Penalties are almost spot on, as are turnovers... The stat lines MIRROR the NFL, if you know how to run the rock, and getting to the Super Bowl is a total sense of satisfaction.... The draft matters since you WILL HAVE to draft or pick up FA's that plug up your weaknesses....

Thanks to every single one of you who took my recommendations for a spin over the past 4 months and more importantly those who posted box scores and feed back, I really mean it when I say that I could NOT HAVE kept going without your support and criticisms, thank you... Hope I was able to improve your gameplay for M13 and bring a wry grin to your pie-hole with my sense of humor....

By now, we all are familiar with M13's defects and flaws.... The "Championship" slider is the tune-up update to the Super Bowl slider set.... They deliver the most BALANCED gameplay experience to date ...

These sliders are fair, and getting a win feels like an accomplishment.

On Defense you constantly have to decide if you are going to stop the run, or if you are going to zone up and slow down the passing game. YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, unless you have some special athletes at the LB, CB, SAFETY or D-LINE positions. For example, if you have a MLB that has great pass defense abilities and can stuff the run, you can afford to cheat the pass since you have a special MLB that can recognize run and stuff it more often than not. Now, mind you, if your defensive strategy is wrong (call a zone read on an obvious power run down) you will be smoked by the CPU run game.... The CPU run game is solid and will expose poor tacklers, poor LB's and too much zone defense....

Now in the passing game, a good QB will SHRED YOU if you cannot apply pressure and sit in zone reads with limited, to no pressure, being applied... You will have to learn how to apply pressure without leaving your backside open for an over the top pass from a good QB-WR combo (ie Matty Ice and Julio Jones as an example...)

These sliders DO NOT deliver arcade style; shoot-em-up, "fun", games ... If you do not like to stress while playing M13 to earn a win, this slider set IS NOT for you.

This slider set is also NOT FOR YOU if you are a "kung-fu thumb jockey" that earns scratch playing Madden at tournaments...

BOTTOM LINE, these sliders are for football strategy junkies with above average Madden skills...

SIMMERS should REALLY enjoy these. Not sure if EVEN THE CHEESERS can get away with a whole hell of a lot of cheating on this final set. My goal for these is to have a realistic but, challenging game. I want stars to play like BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASTS. If you get blown out or blow out the CPU just play some more. Just go and look at your favorite NFL team's schedule this past season and you will see that score's are variable. If you use a bad team and struggle that is normal. Finally, everyone's skill is different. I know for a fact that many of you are probably better players than I am, so if need be, I will provide some guidelines on how you can "slider up" this set to increase the level of difficulty. In the end, it is about having fun and forgetting about the old hag nagging you to cut the lawn, do the taxes, take the dog for a walk, put the kids to bed, yada, yada, yada....

There are some new wrinkles that accompany this slider set that I had not dabbled in before, so make sure you take the time to properly plug these suckers in....

That being said..... DRUMROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL please......

Da Wiz's "CHAMPIONSHIP" Slider Set

Skill Level: All-Madden

House rules
1. Call your own plays and mix up your play calling. Try different plays on offense and defense. Much more fun and more challenging. I probably use 25 different offensive plays every game 10 or more defensive schemes.
2. Go ahead, go for the cheese play, AI will adapt and zap your _ss soon enough.
3. Have fun. If you see Madden foolishness just go with the flow. The game is not perfect, no matter what sliders you plug in.

Quarter Length:
15 min

Accelerated Clock: On, Min Play clock 15

Auto Sprint: Off

Auto Strafe:
Optional (Wiz has it on)

Play Calling: I am calling my own plays.... Game Flow with good Audible settings is cool, for a little bit of an extra challenge on offense and defense

Player Progression: EVERY 4 WEEKS

Schemes: (Go to the "MORE..." tab in the main CCM window... Then go to the "STRATEGY" section.... Once in "STRATEGY" section, click into "SCHEMES")
LE - RUN STOPPER
RE - SPEED RUSHER
DT - RUN STOPPER
OLB - BALANCED
MLB - RUN STOPPER
CB - MAN-2-MAN
FS - ZONE
SS - PLAYMAKER

Injury: 57

Fatigue: 41

Game Play Sliders

Speed: Normal (that is right ladies, a wicked set for Normal Speed from da Wiz.... FINALLY!!!)

Threshold: 65

HUMAN SLIDERS:

QB Accuracy
Pass Block 9
WR Catch 60

Broken Tackles 0
Run Block 0
Fumble 75 (yes, you will still get fumbles, trust me)

Pass reaction 26 (this slider is tuned with the OPI / DPI penalty sliders, so be careful with futzing with it, i would suggest YOU DO NOT)
Int 21 (anything higher and you get RIDICULOUS INT numbers that I do not believe are realistic)
Pass Rush 0

Rush reaction 10
Block Shedding 10
Tackle 55

CPU SLIDERS:

QB Accuracy
Pass Block 9
WR Catch 60

Broken Tackles 0
Run Block 47
Fumble 75

Pass reaction 26 (this slider is tuned with the OPI / DPI penalty sliders, so be careful with futzing with it, i would suggest YOU DO NOT)
Int 21 (anything higher and you get RIDICULOUS INT numbers that I do not believe are realistic)
Pass Rush 0

Rush reaction 75 (If your running skills are not as good as the Wiz's, it's OK, read below)
Block Shedding 75 (If your running skills are not as good as the Wiz's, it's OK, read below)
Tackle 55

Special Teams

FG Power 55
FG Accuracy 45 (I don't aim with the left stick. I just use the right stick to aim my FG attempt.)
Punt Power 58
Punt Acc 33
Kickoff Power 46

Penalty (I have messed with these TREMENDOUSLY at ALL extremes.... What I have dialed in SHOULD NOT be futzed with because IT DOES affect the gameplay... Also, I set the penalty sliders to try to average 4-6 penalties PER TEAM per game...)

Offside 25
False start 80
Holding 54
Face Mask 58
Defensive Pass Interference 45
Offensive Pass Interference 41
KR/PR Interference 57
Clipping 25
Int Grounding 25
Roughing the passer 54
Roughing the Kicker 57

Auto Subs:

QB In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

RB In: 94 Out: 91

WR In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

FB/TE In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

OL In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

DT In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

DE In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

LB In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT (For a 3-4 or 4-3 defense)

CB In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

S In: DEFAULT Out: DEFAULT

TUNING TIPS TO BE USED ONLY IF YOU ARE FINDING THAT THE GAMEPLAY IS TOO EASY OR TOO HARD:

The following are tuning tips that you can do, that will not screw up the balance.... If you venture into other tuning that is not listed here, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, because more than likely, you have killed the balance among the complementing sliders....

IMPROVE THE CPU RUN GAME? Then: Lower HUM RUN REAC by "1" unit at a time until you reach a comfort level.... Still not happy? Then: Lower HUM TKL in increments of 5 units, do not go lower than 40..... Need more CPU running game? Raise CPU RUN BLK to "50", and in increments of "2" if CPU RUN BLK at "50" is still not enough challenge for you.

IMPROVE THE HUM RUN GAME? Then: Lower CPU RUN REAC and BLK SHED by "25" units at a time, IN TANDEM, until you reach a comfort level (I would not go below 25).... Still not happy? Then: Lower CPU RUN REAC and BLK SHED by "5" units at a time until you reach a comfort level (I would not go below 5 for CPU RUN REAC and CPU BLK SHED)

IMPROVE THE CPU/HUM PASS GAME? Raise HUM & CPU PASS REAC by "1" unit at a time until you reach a comfort level (Hint: A setting of "29" makes passing VERY EASY, fyi)... LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE alone including the OPI/DPI penalty sliders!!!!....

TAME THE CPU/HUM PASS GAME? Then: LOWER CPU & HUM PASS REAC slider by "1" unit at a time until you reach a comfort level.... (Hint: A setting of "20" makes passing quite challenging, fyi)... LEAVE penalty sliders alone....Still not happy? Then: Raise HUM & CPU INT slider by "1" unit at a time until you reach a comfort level (Hint: A setting of "25" makes passing tough, fyi)... LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE alone including the OPI/DPI penalty sliders!!!!....

Forget about other things on our collective wish list:
1) Tame LE sack glitch
2) Improve pass rush
3) Eliminate syncing, DB mirroring, etc
4) Matching HUM/CPU sliders for All-Madden Under 75 rule sliders

ENJOY THEM LADIES, AND THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT ....

Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 02-10-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: updated feedback indicates sliders work online as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post sir. Would read again!

It's unfortionate the game can't just work like Play Now or last year but I'm glad people are still trying new things and being creative. For all we know EA might tell us that what we are asking for isnt possible for a patch to deliver and we will be stuck with 2.0 YPC elite CCM running backs all year so it is up to us to keep trying to figure this out. Someone on Jarrod's thread mentioned this:

"Well idk if I found an anomaly or if there's something more here, but Arian Foster just put up 119 yards on 35 carries and ADP put up 79 on 20. I know this isn't staggering, but we can all agree it's above the averages we've been seeing.

What I did was lower the CPU run blocking way down. I was trying to see how big the difference was compared to it at 100. What I found tho was that their lineman were actually more effective when they could hit and release someone and move up to the next level, instead of sticking to one player right at the line of scrimmage."

I am going to give your sliders a shot with my Jets vs Bills week 1 online CCM and then try his idea (jarrods black set with CPU 25 run block) and hope for the best. Tomba is working on some sliders too I saw. I am always cautious as changing sliders are notorious for having a placebo effect but what is normal clearly does not work. Thank you for the well read post!

Last edited by BrianU; 09-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is another set that seems to go along with what I personally believe about the threshold slider and its affect on CPU rushing.

I played with threshold at 8 for 30+ online CCM games, and while I sometimes got decent results, when I turned it up to 40, on a whim, I noticed that the CPU running game took off a lot better, I mean definitely noticably better. There are now more than a couple sets posted on here that have threshold at 35 or higher.

A lot of people are dead set about having it at zero though. I understand why, in years past threshold at zero was by far the most realistic experience in the game, I used that setting just as much as anyone else, but right now until they fix it, I believe putting it up is the way to go for CPU rushing

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I have noticed that trend also. I think the issue with a higher threshold is it makes the USER running game easier especially runs to the outside. It's like a fine balance of course you can correct that a bit with other sliders but yeah I want to believe!

The only thing i'll say that gives me caution is all the other areas where the CPU underperforms like QB holding onto the ball too long. I dont really see how using a higher speed threshold is going to make the CPU RB suddenly not juke into its own players or run directly into the defense but I am also not dismissing the theory. You should really start a thread jared, I would like to see any changes you make
Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

My thought on the threshold is this....

I played against the Saints. I tried moving the player Pas React slider to 0 and i tried it at 100. Either way, the Saints' WRs couldn't shake my DBs. Now, My top two CBs are good (not great) at man coverage. But there is no way my MLB should hang with Marquis Colsten.

BUT, when I moved the threshold to 0, then WR's could get out of their breaks without the DB mirroring their every move at the same moment. Now, this is all with an online CC.

So, it does seem like there's a delicate balance with the threshold involved. You guys are saying the higher the threshold, the better then AI runs but I noticed the lower the threshold, the better they pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nice sliders..I think you are onto something..IM playing the steelers now and it's 10 to their 16..I have the skins and I can't get my running game going at all but CPU is doing very well..I understand redskin running suck and steelers defense is tough..I'll be back with more and so far...the ate the most realistic scoring I've scene yet..nice

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I prefer 0 thresh.does not seem right at 40-50 how can a MLB cover a top end rec? Teams w/ fast rec like Raiders its there advantage they have bad catching usually or route running and awareness if there burners..Show me a game where Ray Lewis can cover Chris Johnson or D Jackson..not in my NFL
Old 09-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
This is another set that seems to go along with what I personally believe about the threshold slider and its affect on CPU rushing.

I played with threshold at 8 for 30+ online CCM games, and while I sometimes got decent results, when I turned it up to 40, on a whim, I noticed that the CPU running game took off a lot better, I mean definitely noticably better. There are now more than a couple sets posted on here that have threshold at 35 or higher.

A lot of people are dead set about having it at zero though. I understand why, in years past threshold at zero was by far the most realistic experience in the game, I used that setting just as much as anyone else, but right now until they fix it, I believe putting it up is the way to go for CPU rushing
I have had the threshold at 65 all year. Reason being, I don't like a ton of big plays because they always inflate the score, and seem to make it easier. While the cpu has been able to run 'ok' against me, their playcalling still sucks, and the passing is weak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »