Home

Roadman's Demo Sliders

This is a discussion on Roadman's Demo Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Roadman's Demo Sliders

I played a few more games. I turned down pass block to 20 for both sides, and it seemed to make a big difference. There was actual pressure and consistent pocket collapse on both sides. I made a few bad throws because of this, as did the AI. I distinctly remember a couple of plays where the QB AI was clearly flustered and shuffling around in the pocket as it was collapsing on him, and he (Flacco) made some poor throws down the field resulting in incompletions. That is exactly what I want to see so I'm happy there.

I bumped up reaction time and pass coverage by 5 for each side as well. I think I might move reaction time down again because defenders were closing way too fast on screen passes. I still don't think pass coverage is high enough, Sherman and Browner play too far off their man for my liking.

A big similarity in all of my games so far have been lots of completed passes over the middle. I think this has to do with A) DB's playing too far off their man resulting in easy inside slants and cross pattern completions and B) poor zone coverage especially by linebackers. Hopefully raising pass coverage can help fix this.

Running still seems pretty good on the human side. With SF I can pickup chunks of yards when the Baltimore D isn't stacking the line. They pretty much stuff me when they stack the box though. CPU run game is fairly weak. Ray Rice had 0 yards on 10 carries against me. Does anyone know if reaction time affects all defenders?

My goals now include bumping up the AI run game and improved pass defense on both sides.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Road with a slider thread? Good deal! Hopefully this doesn't turn into a *****-fest with people slamming the set after playing 1-2 quarters.

I haven't even had time to DL the demo yet (work, yeah!), but plan on doing so tonight and should get some decent time in with it over the weekend, so I'll certainly check the sliders out.

By the way Road, if you are still playing NCAA 14, I've got some subtle, but nice, tweaks to my AA-Offense/Heisman-Defense set that I've been using. Had the #1 and #2 ESPN scored games with this latest set, so really good results.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
I played a few more games. I turned down pass block to 20 for both sides, and it seemed to make a big difference. There was actual pressure and consistent pocket collapse on both sides. I made a few bad throws because of this, as did the AI. I distinctly remember a couple of plays where the QB AI was clearly flustered and shuffling around in the pocket as it was collapsing on him, and he (Flacco) made some poor throws down the field resulting in incompletions. That is exactly what I want to see so I'm happy there.

I bumped up reaction time and pass coverage by 5 for each side as well. I think I might move reaction time down again because defenders were closing way too fast on screen passes. I still don't think pass coverage is high enough, Sherman and Browner play too far off their man for my liking.

A big similarity in all of my games so far have been lots of completed passes over the middle. I think this has to do with A) DB's playing too far off their man resulting in easy inside slants and cross pattern completions and B) poor zone coverage especially by linebackers. Hopefully raising pass coverage can help fix this.

Running still seems pretty good on the human side. With SF I can pickup chunks of yards when the Baltimore D isn't stacking the line. They pretty much stuff me when they stack the box though. CPU run game is fairly weak. Ray Rice had 0 yards on 10 carries against me. Does anyone know if reaction time affects all defenders?

My goals now include bumping up the AI run game and improved pass defense on both sides.
That is some nice great feedback, just what I was looking for. Maybe increase run blkg by 5 for the CPU? If not, 10?

I don't like Sherman and Browner playing off, either. I've noticed, though if I try to sneak a curl on Sherman playing off, a LB creeps over and deflects or intercepts.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is some nice great feedback, just what I was looking for. Maybe increase run blkg by 5 for the CPU? If not, 10?

I don't like Sherman and Browner playing off, either. I've noticed, though if I try to sneak a curl on Sherman playing off, a LB creeps over and deflects or intercepts.
I'm going to try lowering reaction time first. I noticed on draw plays especially, my defenders react instantly and switch to tackling the RB instead of the QB when the handoff occurs.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

I was about to start tinkering with the PBL sliders then tried holding the right stick in the direction of the move I wanted (as opposed to flick and release or repeated flicking) seemed to get better results at getting a shoulder under the OL and getting into the "drive around" animation. got some nice pressure on the QB and some sick sack animations. other than that my sliders are similar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is a very good set and I might stick to this one for the full version of the game as well.
I played half a dozen games and had great variety of results and plays.

This is the proof that there's no need to have revolutionary theories (all at 0, all at 100, balanced set etc.) to come up with solid sliders. A few tweaks are more than enough to make the game enjoyable.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm making a few tweaks to the sliders. I'll keep the original base.

Thank you goes to vntrklman(sp) for the suggestion (s) on pbl and pass coverage.

Just had a Jim Dandy game winning 9-6 with 3 seconds left. I can't recall the last Madden I played that didn't have a TD scored.

There was pressure in the pocket and that was what I wanted to see. Man, when Sherman played bump n run, I looked for other receivers.

Rodgers ended up 20 of 30 for 205 yds 66%
Wilson 13 of 20 for 65 %.

1 int for both QB's.

Also, another big change I made, I uppded the speed to normal. The reason why, and I forgot, same thing happened in NCAA. Any toss or sweep to the outside with the speed on slow, the user RB runs in quicksand. Once I noticed this early on, I upped the speed to normal and problem solved. Screens were better too. Suit yourself on that one.

Only sore spot was running by Lynch. 11 carries for 23 yds and that was upping the run blkg to 30 for cpu. I might try upping to 35 next time.

Have fun!!!

Last edited by roadman; 08-16-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ravens vs 49ers(me)
Score: 17-14 ravens
J. Flacco 10-13 121 yds 1td 0int
C. Kaep 7-15 135 yds. 0td 3int

R. Rice 18 att. 84 yds. 4.6 ypc
F. Gore 15 att. 123 yds. 8.2 ypc
L. James 1 att. 77yds.

Great game overall. It was a little too easy for me to run against the cpu but it was just one game. Will play again and post the results.

Awesome slider set though. Great job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »