Home

Armor & Swords Custom Slow Speed Simulation Style M25 Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Custom Slow Speed Simulation Style M25 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #41
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Armor & Swords Custom Slow Speed Simulation Style M25 Sliders

Oh Armor & Swords, you are dominating my sports video game experience. First "The Show" sliders that I used predominantly in my Franchise mode, and now these?! Where will it end!?

Anyways, I played my first exhibition game of M25 with your sliders exactly as they are in the OP. Followed your "house rules", since I've been playing the same way for as long as I can remember.

Cons:

It was a tad too easy to find open receivers, but that could be attributed to the Browns weak secondary (besides Haden) and lack of pass rush (see below). So we'll see how Romo manages against the Seahawks...ha.

CPU pass rush was a tad weak. The Browns got a couple sacks, but for the most part Romo was tossing it without anyone in his vicinity. The Browns have a pretty solid front 7, and the Cowboys have a weaker line, so I was hoping to feel the heat a bit more.

Rushing felt fair when Demarco was in the game, but I pulled him in the 4th to see what Dunbar's "got", and man was he was getting some huge holes to run through. I felt bad for Demarco. Maybe CPU run def/Hum run blocking could use some tweaking. But we'll see.

Pros:

Human pass rush was legit. Ratliff/Hatcher/Spencer were tearing up the Browns weaker rated O-Lineman. Ware only got pressure a few times, thanks to Joe Thomas. I'd say it was a bit overpowered, but the rating differences matched up to what I was seeing on the field, so that's good. Also, probably 3-4 sacks came as a direct result to Campbell being a spaz and leaving the pocket. He rolled right into Spencer a few times, they ALWAYS roll to the right when they sense pressure. Roll to the left man, Demarcus wants to eat too! Haha.

Speed differential was noticeable, but not overstated.

My CB's (and everyone for that matter) seemed to play to their attributes. Brandon Carr was all over his man on almost every down, while Claiborne was inconsistent but good.

Overall, I feel pretty confident in using these as a base moving forward. Just have to get more games under my belt to see what/if changes need to be made.

P.S. - I usually don't mess with playbooks, and I noticed a lot of the same plays being called by "Game Flow". Is it worth tinkering around with?

Thanks man!

Cleveland Browns at Dallas Cowboys
Aug 22, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns (n/a)3100720
Dallas Cowboys (n/a)10177741
Team Stats Comparison
CLEDAL
Total Offense363465
Rushing Yards115164
Passing Yards248301
First Downs2020
Punt Return Yards1241
Kick Return Yards141154
Total Yards516660
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion6-17(60%)4-8(50%)
4th Down Conversion3-5(60%)0-0(0%)
2-Point Conversion0-0(0%)0-0(0%)
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/03/1
Penalties2-17yds3-35yds
Posession Time34:2625:34
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGCLEDAL
9:54(DAL) Bailey, 24 Yd FG03
6:39(DAL) Murray, 6 Yd run010
2:51(CLE) Graham, 47 Yd FG310
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGCLEDAL
6:02(DAL) Murray, 5 Yd run317
2:13(CLE) Graham, 39 Yd FG617
1:15(DAL) Austin 38 Yd pass from Romo624
0:35(CLE) Nelson 13 Yd pass from Weeden1324
0:00(DAL) Bailey, 41 Yd FG1327
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGCLEDAL
12:39(DAL) Bryant 49 Yd pass from Romo1334
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGCLEDAL
3:34(DAL) Dunbar, 2 Yd run1341
0:59(CLE) Benjamin 26 Yd pass from Campbell2041
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Brandon Weeden16/2416411
Jason Campbell15/2412611
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Trent Richardson16825.10
Montario Hardesty4215.20
Brandon Weeden188.00
Jason Campbell144.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Trent Richardson9374.10
Devone Bess8637.80
Jordan Cameron4358.70
Greg Little34515.00
David Nelson34414.61
Josh Gordon23417.00
Travis Benjamin12626.01
Montario Hardesty166.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Jason Pinkston12
Shawn Lauvao12
Mitchell Schwartz03
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Joe Haden80.000
T.J. Ward9 (1 ATK)0.000
D'Qwell Jackson8 (1 ATK)1.000
Jabaal Sheard60.000
Paul Kruger21.000
Dallas Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tony Romo21/2731620
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Demarco Murray19985.12
Lance Dunbar7628.81
Tony Romo221.00
Phillip Tanner122.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Jason Witten1013313.30
Dez Bryant610818.01
Demarco Murray22010.00
Miles Austin13838.01
Dwayne Harris11212.00
Gavin Escobar155.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Tyron Smith30
Lance Vickers20
Doug Free11
Dwayne Harris10
Travis Frederick01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Bruce Carter120.000
Orlando Scandrick9 (1 ATK)1.010
Sean Lee9 (1 ATK1.000
Anthony Spencer63.000
Jason Hatcher52.000
Jay Ratliff41.000
DEMARCUS WARE00.000

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #42
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Love the feedback. I hope these can live up to the Show sliders....that will be tough. The Show is such a gem.

Anyway....I highly recommend going into your playbook and star rating your down and distance plays and truly gameplanning your play book to your plays you want to see a little more than others.

Also....I do go into the playbook if gameflow gets wonky on me....I will keep it real by digging deep and really using my entire playbook save for some gadget plays (used rarely) and of course not slanting and curling the cpu to death....we know we can kick there *** most of the time. So to give it a true sim feel and approach...challenge yourself to call a superbly realistic game.

It makes a huge difference in your overall enjoyment of the game.

Looking forward to Tuesday and getting in the lab. I don't think it will take me too long to tweak these. It will be about playing in Connected Franchise with all kinds of match-ups to really test these out. I will also determine the best quarter length. somewhere between 10-15 minutes....I want to make sure stats don't get hyper inflated.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #43
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

How do I create nice looking boxscores like so many people post here when giving stats for their games? I'm at halftime in my first game with these sliders and am loving them so far, but I'd like to be able to post a boxscore along with my impressions.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #44
Pro

skow05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Love the feedback. I hope these can live up to the Show sliders....that will be tough. The Show is such a gem.

Anyway....I highly recommend going into your playbook and star rating your down and distance plays and truly gameplanning your play book to your plays you want to see a little more than others.

Also....I do go into the playbook if gameflow gets wonky on me....I will keep it real by digging deep and really using my entire playbook save for some gadget plays (used rarely) and of course not slanting and curling the cpu to death....we know we can kick there *** most of the time. So to give it a true sim feel and approach...challenge yourself to call a superbly realistic game.

It makes a huge difference in your overall enjoyment of the game.

Looking forward to Tuesday and getting in the lab. I don't think it will take me too long to tweak these. It will be about playing in Connected Franchise with all kinds of match-ups to really test these out. I will also determine the best quarter length. somewhere between 10-15 minutes....I want to make sure stats don't get hyper inflated.
Yeah, no pressure man.

I couldn't find playbooks within CCM itself, I'm assuming I edit it outside of the mode and any changes will carry over? Or I'm overlooking the option.

I played a pre-season game with the Cowboys, got spanked by the Raiders. They had their one's/two's running against my two's/three's for most of the game, so it made sense. Terrelle Pryor was a monster. "Huck it, chuck it, FOOTBALL." Haha.

Oh, btw, the last two games I played saw 136 offensive plays and the other one was right in that range (forgot to write it down).

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #45
Pro

skow05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
How do I create nice looking boxscores like so many people post here when giving stats for their games? I'm at halftime in my first game with these sliders and am loving them so far, but I'd like to be able to post a boxscore along with my impressions.
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #46
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I gotta say A&S, using these sliders in my Jaguars CFM, and it's the most realistic game of football iv'e ever played on any Madden game. You've found a way to make each player stand out individually and make this play one helluva game of football.. You're the man!

I'll post some stats after the game
Old 08-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #47
Rookie

Frythatchicken's Arena

OVR: 8

No real challenge.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Alright, I took these and fired up a CCM or whatever it's called now with OAK.

I'm playing all the pre-season games to get acclimated to the new game and such.

Because it's the pre-season, several guys have stats that wouldn't otherwise. I won't be comprehensive, but will give some idea of major trends.

QB:
Prior: 19/22 195 YDS 3 TD 1 INT
Wilson: 20/28 251 YDS 0 TD 1 INT
Flynn: 12/14 121 YDS 0 TD 1 INT

HB:
L. Murray: 20-103 2 TD
McFadden: 15-50
Jones: 11-41
Jennings: 9-40

WR/TE:
C. Vernon: 7-121
Rivera: 6-42 1 TD
Williams 6-61s
Cribbs: 5-50
Streater: 5-54

Defense:
R. Smith: 10 TT
Francies: 8 TT, 1 INT
Moore: 8 TT 1 FF
Bair: 8 TT, 5 Sack, 1 INT (at DE!!!)
S. McGee: 4 TT, 1 Sack
B. Ross: 1 TT, 1 INT

In total, I have 11 sacks and 3 INTs through 2 games.

My overall impressions are:

1) The HUM running game is perfect. I love the locomotion as-is; there's little to no swerving happening for me, so that's great. The blocking feels very balanced on these settings.

2) The CPU running is also very well-balanced. The CPU can now rush for 100 yards on you, but not in the sort of way where everyone gets pancaked or trucked. It feels much more organic and the stat lines at the end of the day are believable.

3) The HUM and CPU passing games are WAY off! My opponents are completing 75% or more of their passes, and I'm right there with the CPU on that score. I call a very solid mix of plays; I don't blitz too much and play to my defensive strengths by keeping the man/zone balance good. The key seems to be a lack of errant passes by the QB on both sides. I would imagine that this could be fixed with sliders, but it is an issue that needs to be addressed for sure.

That's really the only issue that I see. Everything else looks great, and I'm really enjoying the game with these. I'll post more stats once I get through several regular season games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »