Home

Armor & Swords Custom Slow Speed Simulation Style M25 Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Custom Slow Speed Simulation Style M25 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #665
MVP

JG80's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Custom Simulation Style M25 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Yes. I do see them go up for jump balls. However with Mike Wallace I had no success as he is not that type of player. I signed Dez Bryant as a FA going into year three and he is a beast going up for the ball.

Overall the game plays really nice with these settings despite the games shortcomings in regards to AI. I am still playing M25 and do see myself sticking with this version till I make the jump to the PS4 in a couple of years. I don't see how they can really improve it anymore nor do I see any reason they will focus on last gen versions of the game going forward.

It will be interesting to see if any meaningful enhancements are indeed made for M15 for the PS3/360. I would be pretty shocked.

I tried your sliders and their great for my offline sim league. I'm holding of madden until the draft so I can play the 2014 season with he rookies on their teams.

Sent from Nawlins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #666
MVP

JG80's Arena

Also, while my offensive drives started out quick, when I got to the other side of the field, their defense stiffened and held me to a FG.

Sent from Nawlins.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #667
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
Raising threshold has worked on tightening up the CPU's defense for me.

I have it at 55, and running on the CPU is much harder, and kick & punt returns, you can't just go outside for easy gains anymore.

Still am seeing some big plays, which is what I didn't want killed. But imo, the CPU plays defense much harder!
i sometimes play on 100 threshold where the fastest of the fast will be the only ones that break away. ill try it with these
Old 04-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #668
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Well things are heating up in August. For the first time in many moons I am extremly excited about a new Madden football release. After playing the demo for M25 I can say with confidence we are going to get probably the best Madden package since the last great game in Madden 2005.

I have been playing Madden football since it's inception on the consoles back in 1991. Now to understand my approach to playing this game you need to understand how I play Madden. I am not going to constantly tweak things to perfect this game. And the primary reason is.....it will never be perfect. Penalties do not work....we know this. So why bother crying anymore. It does not work this gen. Certain quirks with the AI.....can't be overcome. The game is what it is.

However.....if you love playing Madden's brand of console football, can follow some simple house rules and approach the game to have a lot of fun and create your own fantasy NFL/Madden Universe.....keep reading.

So let's talk some game. I play Madden with a "No Switch Rule" on defense and a "No User Catching" rule on offense. I do not spam the CPU by calling the same 7-10 plays ever game, every drive. If that is the case....you will never lose. What is the fun in that? I do use Game Flow a lot and I approach it by gameplanning for each game and assigning the Star ratings to my plays for that particualr week. I also will go into my playbook if I am not happy with my gameflow choices for a particular situation...but it is rare when I do. By using the gameflow system you will use a lot of your playbook and keep things balanced vs the weaker CPU. You will get far more realistic sim like results by being disciplined in sticking with the gameflow play calling approach. It also adds the sim element that your relying on your OC/DC's to call plays for you. And as the Head coach you can override them when the situation calls for it. You can even create your own house rules as to how many overrides you get per half or situation. It is entirely up to you.

The "No Switch Rule" on defense is huge.
Select who you want to control pre-snap....and do not ever switch to the closet defender.....ever. Even on passes. Let the CPU and the player ratings determine the dice roll result (on Special Teams switch away and if you really want to after the catch...switch to make a tackle I just think you will have a much better gaming experience with a strict no switch rule). If you can't play that way.....this slider set is not for you.

The "No User Catch" rule

Works like it sounds...once you release the pass...do not use the catch button...let the CPU make the catch. By doing this your completion percentages will be more realistic, and the animations you will get will be awesome.

If your on defense and controlling the CB or FS or a LB....and a pass comes your way...I would say use your ball hawk to make a play.....you deserve to reward yourself for being in the right place at the right time. For me...I always play as a DE, DT or LB. rarely does a pass come my way unless I am in coverage as a LB.

As far as the pass rush goes I would highly suggest once the ball is snapped, if your playin as a RE or DE or even DT.....let the CPU try and penetrate...once they do take control and do your thing. I have found that works great in the pass rush. I have a very hard time using the RS to get through....and with the slider settings...the pass rush will be realistic. Some games you will have a monster sack day...some days nothing. Also remember sacks are not everything....pressure is what you want.

Update**** I am getting great trench battles using my RE or LE and using swim, power or bull rush. The trench wars are amazing this year as interaction and controls are fluid, responsive and work!!!!! Practice and you will see how cool it is this year.

So those are the basics. Bottom line is....don't cheese the CPU if you want to create a simulation type of playing experience. Madden has weak AI already. We know that. But that does not mean this game can't be loads of fun. I would even say for you coach/owner mode players these will probably work really nice.

As far as camera choices....I am going to test out the zoomed camera this year. If it works nice that will be my camera of choice. If not I will use the Legacy camera. I also will experiment with the broadcast camera on defense. I have tried on offense in the past and do not like it. But I can see defense working since I am more of a play caller on defense with the No Switch rule.

On Madden Share - Description Armor & Sword OS 1.2 PSN = Todem

UPDATED 10/26/13 Post Patch 1.02

Values up or down (+/-) indicate clicks from previous settings. When I make tweaks...that is how you know what was changed if you have been using the the first set.
Some people don't make every change if the original settings are working for them.

Skill Level - All-Madden
Quarter Length - 15 Minutes
Play Call Style - GameFlow or Playbook (user choice)
Play Clock - On
Accelerated Clock - On
Minimum Play Clock Time - 18 Seconds
Camera Settings - User Choice (Zoomed)
Auto Strafe- On
Heat Seeker - On
Ball Hawk - On
Switch Assist - On
Injuries - 50 (+30)
Fatigue - 52 (+2)
Game Speed - Slow (Normal works well too)
Player Minimum Threshold - 5 (-5)

Penalties

Offside - 50 (-20)
False Start - 35 (-40)
Holding - 50 (-15)
Facemask - 40
DPI - 1(+1)
OPI - 1(+1)
KR/PR Interference - 50
Clipping - 50 (-7)
Int Grounding - 50 (-15)
Roughing The Passer - 53 (-1)
Roughing the Kicker - 50

AUTO SUBS (Final) UPDATE - Thanks to Kpkpkp I have discovered a new auto subs settings that work. You still should do some manual formation subs for your DL, as well as in game formation subs for your RB's (i.e. plug in your #2 RB in certain formations to get them some carries other than a auto sub in to give a breather to your primary RB) Set these outside of CFM and keep your CFM auto subs at default 50/50) Set fatigue at 52 to challenge yourself to manage your subs with package subs for your DL.

Offense- out/in
QB 1/2
HB 75/79
WR 75/79
FB/TE 70/74
Oline- 65/70

Defense- out/in
DT 70/74
DE 70/74
LB 70/74
CB 70/74
S 75/79

Special Teams

Human/CPU
FG POW - 50/50
FG ACC - 25/25
Punt POW - 45/45
Punt ACC - 40/60
KO POW - 45/45

Use human settings for special teams in CFM as it is a universal slider in CFM. In Play Now use values for Human and CPU.

Game Sliders (Gold) Hum/CPU

QB ACC 10/15
Pass Blocking 20/35 (-2 hum)
WR Catching 45/45
Run Blocking 25/45 (+15 CPU)
Fumbles 50/50
Reaction Time 55/60
Interceptions 15/30 (-5 hum)
Pass Coverage 65/70 (+5 CPU)
Tackling 60/60

All testing performed in Connected Franchise and playing various matchup's around the league using the most recent default roster as of 9/3/13.
yo bro do you control the rb?

or JUST the qb before the throw
Old 04-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #669
MVP

Re: Armor & Swords Custom Slow Speed Simulation Style M25 Sliders

with fatigue at 55 and inj at 18 i get 3 RB rotation with these autosubs thanks to playmakers settings

QB 25/20
RB 85/80
WR 65/60
FB/TE 65/60
OL 25/20

DT 85/80
DE 85/80
LB 75/70
CB 65/60
S 65/60
Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #670
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Absolutely control the RB. My favorite part of playing Madden is running the ball. I also take control of the WR after he catches it.

Only two house rules I follow to a tee are no user catching and not switching on defense to the closet defender. Once I choose which defender I will control…..I stay with him to the end of the play. If Madden had the defensive cam like NCAA it would great. So using that same approach is how I play defense on Madden and it forces you to draft and develop better defensive players as you are relying on your CPU teammates if the play get's away from your defender that your controlling.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #671
Pro

Interesting I'm going to try these in a play now games tonight cause I've been looking for something to do other than the OP (gjdd). They have to train my reflexes cuz my hand is always on that triangle button lol

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #672
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Armor & Sword, it's back to the drawing board for me with coach mode game play. Even if one puts the settings equal for both hum/cpu the human still has an advantage. I believe that the coding within the game still recognizes it as hum/cpu. I'm going to use your settings again as is for both the hum/cpu in coach mode game play. Are you still playing Madden? I see that you are running a 1986 dynasty so I take it you are. I'm glad to see someone still running strong with their set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »