Home

Possible Major Madden Discovery!

This is a discussion on Possible Major Madden Discovery! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #25
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Possible Major Madden Discovery!

Yea blue it seems run reaction has worked correctly from day one of Madden 13. I have been on this game sense then. It's been pass react that has bugged me though. I just never felt the answer was that it was backward. Maybe it is. I just know the past two days of using those sliders together has been great. With CPU pass reaction at 75 and their run reaction at 25 passing and running was tough. I also have user run block at 0 and CPU block shed at 45 to help them with rush reaction being on 25.

The CPU still ran the ball pretty good with user run reaction at 75 and pass reaction at 25. I just played the Giants in my CCM and they threw 35 times and ran 22. Normally when I play them they run much more.

Thanks for the imput.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #26
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Maybe I went over board with the title of this thread but, it has been a big time find for me. If I could change the title I would. Maybe good Madden 13 discovery or something.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not sure why I didn't realize this in my first reply, but Madden 25 doesn't appear to have a "run reaction D" slider. Only pass reaction. So the Madden 13 findings probably don't apply to Madden 25.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Not sure why I didn't realize this in my first reply, but Madden 25 doesn't appear to have a "run reaction D" slider. Only pass reaction. So the Madden 13 findings probably don't apply to Madden 25.
Yea, I know that but, some will still play Madden 13 and the pass reaction slider might actually work in a similar way. This is more for Madden 13 of course. Until I get Madden 25 I won't know how everything will work for that game. The demo's are usually pretty different from retail. My NCAA 14 sliders look nothing like my NCAA 14 demo sliders.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #29
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
FWIW, I am having a ball of fun using the 75/25 setup albeit it is running in conjunction to a variety of other modified sliders.

My biggest find was using reaction times with game speed ( slow reaction times complimented by faster game speeds and vice versa).

In the end, it is what it is and you get back what the sum of all the parts offer you in gameplay: EA is still responsible for coding and fixing the legacy flaws.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 08-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #30
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
FWIW, I am having a ball of fun using the 75/25 setup albeit it is running in conjunction to a variety of other modified sliders.

My biggest find was using reaction times with game speed ( slow reaction times complimented by faster game speeds and vice versa).

In the end, it is what it is and you get back what the sum of all the parts offer you in gameplay: EA is still responsible for coding and fixing the legacy flaws.

Cool. I wondered how the game speeds would work. It seems like Slow on Madden 13 is pretty similar to Normal on NCAA 14. After playing on Normal on NCAA 14 so long going back to Madden 13's normal felt really fast. I think this year Madden's Normal is a little slower.

So you are using Fast or very fast with 75/25?

Have you tried settings on Slow?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #31
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
I mainly play head to head and use 50 min speed threshold so I keep game speed at normal

The game speed can indeed compliment the reaction times in that you can offset the reaction times with game speed and create a neutralizing effect.

Changing gamespeed alone can dramatically alter the gameplay experience: the pass rush intensifies as well as defensive reaction times.

*I have used slow speeds and very slow in conjunction with 25 or less reaction times and 75 or higher min speed threshold settings - for balancing purposes, in effect.

I would suggest you try fast and very fast with your ser just for observation purposes.

What gamespeed are you on currently when testing?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 03:18 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I can't imagine the CPU trying to run with run reaction at 75 with my sets (Fast game speed).

I have a hard time going beyond 30-35, even though I'm only happy with the "quality" of the LB play that high (as well as the fact deception actually deceives because they actually flow in the direction of the fake unless PRC kicks in and how fast they recover is based on PRC/AWR). For me, 75 run reaction would have my DL making most of the tackles - and I can't have that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »