Home

M12 slider set that reflects player ratings?

This is a discussion on M12 slider set that reflects player ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
M12 slider set that reflects player ratings?

I'm trying to figure out the logic behind slider developmemt for M12. Solely for the reason of setting them to reflect accurate accounts of how a player is rated. If a QB is a 78 overall, I want him to play as such. Rather than performing like Aaron Rodgers just because the sliders say so.

That said, what is the consensus around here when dealing with sliders? Is it best to set all at 0 to reflect accurate ratings, or maybe 50? I'm a coach mode player, so there isn't any human element to be concerned with. Just trying to find a slider set that plays to the player's rating. You'd think such basic logic would be easily achieved, but so far, no such luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M12 slider set that reflects player ratings?

First of all, I applaud your goal with regards to what you want to get out of slider settings. Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is a so-called "Holy Grail" of adjustments you could make to allow the game to play as you'd like.

If player ratings truly mattered as much as you, I, and everyone else taking the time to read this, believe they should, we'd have a game setting already pre-set to represent this.

Having said all that, I will post my gameplay sliders below. Keep in mind that in Madden 12, it may take 2 or 3 games for these settings to truly reflect their effect. I used these and found them to be as close as possible to a reasonable game. I hope these give you something at least to work with. I did not use this for coach mode. I did play the games.

Of note, keep all CPU sliders @ their default levels. You need only set the user side of each slider with these. Also, I recommend setting the speed threshold to 25. This will enable quicker players to perform as such.

MADDEN 12 USER 300 SETTINGS
{PASSING 95}

ACCURACY=35 PASS BLOCKING=20 WR CATCHING=40

{RUSHING 85}

BREAK TACKLES=25 RUN BLOCKING=20 FUMBLES=40

{PASS DEFENSE 40}

REACTION TIME=5 PASS RUSHING=20 INTERCEPTIONS=15

{RUSHING DEFENSE 80}

REACTION TIME=20 BLOCK SHEDDING=35 TACKLING=25

Last edited by edgevoice; 08-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Thank you, I appreciate the response. I'll give these a shot. So you're not a proponent of setting all the sliders to 0 to truly see the players true ratings take affect.

Too bad the game doesn't come out of the box with the game designed to play true to the players ratings. I guess that's too much to ask when it comes to Madden, huh?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
First of all, I applaud your goal with regards to what you want to get out of slider settings. Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is a so-called "Holy Grail" of adjustments you could make to allow the game to play as you'd like.

If player ratings truly mattered as much as you, I, and everyone else taking the time to read this, believe they should, we'd have a game setting already pre-set to represent this.

Having said all that, I will post my gameplay sliders below. Keep in mind that in Madden 12, it may take 2 or 3 games for these settings to truly reflect their effect. I used these and found them to be as close as possible to a reasonable game. I hope these give you something at least to work with. I did not use this for coach mode. I did play the games.

Of note, keep all CPU sliders @ their default levels. You need only set the user side of each slider with these. Also, I recommend setting the speed threshold to 25. This will enable quicker players to perform as such.

MADDEN 12 USER 300 SETTINGS
{PASSING 95}

ACCURACY=35 PASS BLOCKING=20 WR CATCHING=40

{RUSHING 85}

BREAK TACKLES=25 RUN BLOCKING=20 FUMBLES=40

{PASS DEFENSE 40}

REACTION TIME=5 PASS RUSHING=20 INTERCEPTIONS=15

{RUSHING DEFENSE 80}

REACTION TIME=25 BLOCK SHEDDING=30 TACKLING=25
Another quick thing.. Since I play coach mode would it matter if I kept the sliders the same for both human and CPU? Or do you think these are necessary in helping level out the playing field?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Thank you, I appreciate the response. I'll give these a shot. So you're not a proponent of setting all the sliders to 0 to truly see the players true ratings take affect.

Too bad the game doesn't come out of the box with the game designed to play true to the players ratings. I guess that's too much to ask when it comes to Madden, huh?
I am not a proponent of altering cpu sliders at all in Madden 12. There are many slider gurus who do believe in changing both sides. I am clearly in the minority here. Having said that, if sliders in the demo are the same as in the retail build, I will likely have to change my thinking. Pass coverage is plain awful...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Another quick thing.. Since I play coach mode would it matter if I kept the sliders the same for both human and CPU? Or do you think these are necessary in helping level out the playing field?
There are slider settings by folks who believe in this theory. You can search them out in archived posts.

If you are playing soley on coach mode, which again I've never done, simply go through a few games and decide what doesn't feel right to you. Keep a notebook while playing and jot your findings down. from there, go into your sliders and adjust accordingly.

One thing to keep in mind; the tackling slider really appears to affect your overall ability to play defense. By setting your tackling slider to 25, it appears to make the cpu both very aggressive as well as being able to run the ball much more efficiently. Put that slider at 26 and you will see a major difference.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Setting sliders to 0, imo/ime, would impose such negative modifiers to the ratings/outcomes that everyone would struggle in a lot of areas. I only set things to 0 to keep frequency of whatever it is I don't like down. Like with broken tackles or overdone pass/run blocking, etc.

I'm thinking 0 shows a disparity more since weaker players are going to be really bad (and thus gives some ratings distinction vs performance, but there's no definitive "this is what an 84 TAK should play like" - it's all opinion and depending on what your standard is).
Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
One thing to keep in mind; the tackling slider really appears to affect your overall ability to play defense. By setting your tackling slider to 25, it appears to make the cpu both very aggressive as well as being able to run the ball much more efficiently. Put that slider at 26 and you will see a major difference.
Yep, I noticed that too. Of course, tackling is a big part of defense, so it makes sense. There's a reason why even the worst tackler in the NFL (Ed Reed) still brought down 75% of his attempted tackles - you suck too much at tackling, you better be really, really good at something else.

That said, mine ended up on 60/66 since I thought the game was overly offensively slanted

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »