Home

Helios12787's M16 Sliders (All-Pro)

This is a discussion on Helios12787's M16 Sliders (All-Pro) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Helios12787's M16 Sliders (All-Pro)

First and foremost I will say these are a VERY early set of what I've been working on for the past week. I am coming from M25 so there is a lot of differences and nuances leftover from m15 in this game that I am just now seeing.

Objective:

To have Madden 16 feel and play like a game you would say any given Sunday. That means realistic stats, realistic strategies, and realistic gameplay. What you won't find here is a person catering to the slider needs of people who are out to put up 100 points a game by throwing hail mary passes every down. If you are a sim gamer I will do everything I can to make this game enjoyable for us. I have spent months upon months over in GJD / WTBB's thread trying to make it happen in M25. We pushed that game to its absolute limit in terms of sim standards and I look to do the same here.

Current Project:

Penalty Sliders (both ascertaining function of each as well as testing the "sweet spots")
Fine tuning to make sure stats and gameplay are where I want them to be

Gameplay Settings:

Difficulty: All Pro
Quarter Length: 15 minutes (looking to average around 125 plays/game)
Accelerated Clock: 12 seconds
Game Speed: Fast (I've always played on normal but not seeing ad much animation warping on fast)
Threshold: 20 (Speed differential in veterans and drafted rookies needs this for the moment)
Fatigue: 66 (haven't tested in cfm yet)
Injuries: 70

CFM REQUIREMENT!!!!!! If you want to maintain any semblance of the LTs and QBs currently in the league you HAVE to make these edits until a patch comes out. Edit your roster so that EVERY QB has the "Sense Pressure" trait set to "Ideal". If you want to go the extra mile, edit every left tackle (I do right tackles as well since CPU tends to switch them at times) to have the "High Motor" trait set to "Yes".

What this does is reduce the amount of sacks allowed in sims which at the moment is monstrously out of whack (Joe Thomas giving up 30+ sacks in a season out of whack). These edits will reduce the numbers to around 15-20. This will mean the LTs who allow 15+ sacks are gonna drop by like 10 points in pass block and QB awareness is going to take a dip as well each year. It's a Band-Aid on a severed aorta, but it makes CFM somewhat playable currently.
Sliders

User:

QB Accuracy - 10
Pass Block - 0
WR Catch - 40

Run Block - 0
Fumbles - 40

Reaction Time - 10
Interceptions - 15
Pass Coverage - 68

Tackling - 30

CPU:

QB Accuracy - 50
Pass Block - 0
WR Catch - 43

Run Block - 0
Fumbles - 40

Reaction Time - 8
Interceptions - 40
Pass Coverage - 100

Tackling - 40

Penalties:

Offsides - 90 (lower to try and tone down pass rush for 0 p.block)
False Start - 100
Holding - 100
Facemask - 54
DPI - 75
OPI - 75
KR/PR Int - 60 (fiddling with this because it affects the rungame)
Clipping - 54
IG - 28 (One of the few that's close to complete)
RTP - 55 (54 if u don't care about no calls. 55 RTP gets called)
RTK - 70 (fiddling with this because it affects the rungame)

Tips:

Spoiler

Past Slider Sets

Version 0.1
Spoiler

Version 0.2

Spoiler

Last edited by Helios12787; 10-01-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Helios12787's M16 Sliders (All-Pro)

Thanks for sharing! Gonna follow this thread and keep an eye on your findings. Appreciate it!!
Old 09-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

Have run into an issue that I have to fix before anything will play close to the way I want it.

If anyone has experienced this please let me know if and how you fixed it:

So on a lot of deep passes (streaks and such) the CB will be running stride for stride with my WR. Everything is good. Then when the ball has released from the QB's hand, a few seconds later the CPU CB will stutter / slow down which in turn opens up my WR by like 5 yards.

It's almost as if the coverage is so good that once the pass goes up the DB is tripping (with no animation) on the WR's feet.

Note on the sliders: Have played a couple games with the Texans and I'm not sure I really like the way a stud like JJ Watt is playing with the slider setup. He seems to too often not get off a block as a RB runs by or gets pushed out of the play by a offensive lineman.

CPU QB is still throwing a lot of picks when trying to bullet pass streaks into double coverage. Will probably lower the user INT slider a bit until I figure out how to stop the CPU from doing that.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

what speed threshold are you using? I like the NCAA slider set here that uses 55 as the base. then working from that... But I'm not sure how that translates into Madden.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:19 AM   #5
MVP

I've been using 40. Seems to be a good balance given how wide a range there is in speed this year at the cb and wr position. Once u add in the 10 or so 95+ speed players in the rookie draft I doubt I'll ever go below 30.

Just don't want d linemen chasing down a wide receiver and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

Really want to give these a run this weekend but man, halfway through editing the QB's and I'm already burning out. What a freaking pain. Might just stick to play now

Last edited by Maxil; 09-19-2015 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #7
MVP

Gonna try and post my updated set today. Been changing stuff around so much as I go I haven't had the time to transfer that here.

The qb editing thing shouldn't take too long. U can skip a decent amount of them (free agents and 3rd stringers thst us usually get cut). To be honest in the Sims that I did, while it did help the issue, the regression still hit a couple players hard.

Biggest thing is to set the cpu player progression to weekly or every 4 weeks
Old 09-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah I think I was just tired. Loaded it up just now and am going to finish most of the qbs. Don't think I'll bother with the LT's and RT's, maybe that'll be a project, just a few a day or something. idk.

cpu player progression, I remember that being talked about before in past years. I can't recall what people did for player progression, but I remember doing mine at the end of the year as it seemed otherwise my players all began to edge over other teams. I've generally set the CPU at every 4 weeks though, curious what would happen if I start my franchise tonight with it every week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »