Home

M25 Sliders for experienced players

This is a discussion on M25 Sliders for experienced players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #73
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: M25 Sliders for experienced players

oops meant a 30-13 winover the falcons*** not panthers haha
Old 08-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by union728
Hey, really been enjoying these sliders with Armor's house rules for play style. One thing i've noticed, and i think it happened in between the pass interference slider goin from ~30 to 15, is that my CB's man coverage is super tight. in the last 3 games Cro has gotten 6 picks(fitzpatrick 3, M ryan 1, big ben 2) all on man coverage 2 outa the nickle. Maybe cro is just bringing his A game the past few weeks and even with that im barely squeeking out wins 30-27 against pitt and 39-34 against tampa along with a big 30-15 upset of the panthers. Anyways really enjoying the work you've put in and thanks.
Union, thanks for the feedback. I will continue to monitor this and please do the same and let me know.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeUTK
Bucsfan your sliders are the first ones I'm going to test out. I'll probably check out Jarrods and Charters as well. Started up a Titans CCM and have played the first two preseason games so far using sliders exactly as you have them...only difference is I tried slow speed on first game but quickly swapped to normal second game.

Both games played out completely different which is awesome. I will post stats and stuff later when I get back home.

Only thing I will change next game is quarter length. Only getting like 100 plays per game total. So will probably go 12 mins next game.

Other than that, through two games your sliders are working great. I'm using the black ser.
Thanks PT. The QTR length is one I view as optional. Some guys, like yourself want to portray as close as possible the similar number of plays that occur on Sunday. I got no problem with that. The only issue is the games take longer, which some guys do/don't have. It's hard for me to fit higher minutes into the equation, so I elect to use 10. Either way, thanks for the feedback and let me know if you come across anything else that helps us find the best set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #76
Banned

8/30 - *In process of looking into the Pass Reaction / Pass Coverage settings to determine exactly which settings make passing more difficult. It does appear the settings are reversed, meaning the sliders for Pass Reaction set HIGH, for example, will result in CB's struggled to stop and react to comeback routes & out routes. Flip it around and set it to ZERO, and it's much tougher to execute those passes. I will be testing that and probably will lower the CPU Interception number to offset the increased difficulty it brings with the pass game.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #77
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan47
8/30 - *In process of looking into the Pass Reaction / Pass Coverage settings to determine exactly which settings make passing more difficult. It does appear the settings are reversed, meaning the sliders for Pass Reaction set HIGH, for example, will result in CB's struggled to stop and react to comeback routes & out routes. Flip it around and set it to ZERO, and it's much tougher to execute those passes. I will be testing that and probably will lower the CPU Interception number to offset the increased difficulty it brings with the pass game.
I put pass coverage to 0 for cpu and and it did seem harder, went 21 of 36 for 190 and 0td 3int with R. Wilson. Pass reaction was still at 100, dont know if thats reversed or not.

I also raised the Threshold to 100, and had just 58 yards with lynch on 21 carries. also have the RIK at 1, so thats a good sign
Old 08-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNity
I put pass coverage to 0 for cpu and and it did seem harder, went 21 of 36 for 190 and 0td 3int with R. Wilson. Pass reaction was still at 100, dont know if thats reversed or not.

I also raised the Threshold to 100, and had just 58 yards with lynch on 21 carries. also have the RIK at 1, so thats a good sign
Very good sign man. Thanks for the update. I too had similar results with the pass coverage slider set lower. I'm going to LAB it over the weekend pretty hard.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #79
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Bucs, what are the specific slider changes you are testing right now in regards to passing game? Is it just the CPU sliders or HUM as well?
Old 08-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

[quote=BoNity;2045409113]I put pass coverage to 0 for cpu and and it did seem harder, went 21 of 36 for 190 and 0td 3int with R. Wilson. Pass reaction was still at 100, dont know if thats reversed or not.

I also raised the Threshold to 100, and had just 58 yards with lynch on 21 carries. also have the RIK at 1, so thats a good sign[/QUOTE

I've been labbing the pass coverage slider ay 0 and it is indeed backward. The places its most telling is if you run a press man cover 2 and have the outside Wrs do curls, at 0 the Cbs will stick to them and not allow completions, but at 100 they'll tail off and drop way too deep and allow everything to be completed. (The reason I tried this with man cover 2 is b/c with man cover 1, the Cbs would have to protect more against the streak with possibly no help over the top. Man cover 2 the CBs should be stopping the curls but at pass coverage 100 they don't.)

I haven't yet figured out if pass reaction is backward, or what it does at all. Tried at at 0,50,100 and didn't notice much. Thought maybe it only affected zone defense but didn't notice much there either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »