Home

M25 Sliders for experienced players

This is a discussion on M25 Sliders for experienced players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
M25 Sliders for experienced players

GOAL: Find a slider set that even the best Madden players will find enjoyable. You can find both my sets @ EA Share (see below).

There are more difficulties in this version of Madden to create a challenging set. EA took away the pass rush slider, no block shed slider, CPU QB's by default have high completion %'s and the running game is too easy. Those are the obvious challenges to start.

Again, my goal with these sliders is NOT to make everyone happy. It's to target "Good" Madden Players. The Black set is designed to beat you if you do not play smart. After all this is the NFL, and each game should test you.

Special thanks to Bearsinc and Jaymee13 for pushing me to continue searching for the right set.

Finally guys! I think we have one. Hope you enjoy! Buc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Updates:

8/25 - *Added the black set for those who want the best challenge. The blue set is for those that are average or players who play casually.
8/26 - *No slider set available will fix the "Read Option". If you plan to use it, just know it's best to do in your Online Leagues with Real Players (if allowed). Do not use them vs. CPU and please DO NOT post stats using Read Option plays in this discussion.

8/27 - *Made a # different changes with detailed explanations located below. The Blue Set has now become the most SIM set of sliders (less challenging), while the Black SET considers to provide the most difficult challenge.
8/28 - *Updated Penalty sliders after researching OS. Notice a considerable difference in-game.
8/29 - *Moved Threshold up to 60 to make the User Run Game Harder.

8/30 - *In process of looking into the Pass Reaction / Pass Coverage settings to determine exactly which settings make passing more difficult. It does appear the settings are reversed, meaning the sliders for Pass Reaction set HIGH, for example, will result in CB's struggled to stop and react to comeback routes & out routes. Flip it around and set it to ZERO, and it's much tougher to execute those passes. I will be testing that and probably will lower the CPU Interception number to offset the increased difficulty it brings with the pass game.
9/2 -*V1.4 released today will serve as the final slider set until EA releases the next patch update. Changes designed to make game more competitive but until EA fixes the Run game that aspect is still overall too easy. No sliders on the net will address it completely, but my set does tone it down as much as I feel is possible with these sliders.
9/9 - *Moved the injury slider down to 20. There are simply too many injuries, especially at CPU QB. Almost ruining the experience in some games. I've also seen both the starting & backup QB's hurt in one game with injuries above a setting of 30.
9/10 - *If you struggle to stop the CPU in one-on-one tackling situations, finding yourself giving up huge plays because you "Whiffed" once or twice, and now the RB has 200 yards by halftime, try turning on the heat seeker option. You will thank me later.
*Intentional Grounding lowered from 40 - 30. Noticing QB's were not holding onto the ball long enough. Many mobile QB's would immediately take off running after 1-2 seconds.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
League Settings
Skill Level: All-Madden (Custom)
Playcall Style: Conventional
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 20 Seconds
Game Speed: Normal
Auto Strafe: Off
Heat Seeker: Off
*Only turn on if you struggle tackling one-on-one
Ball Hawk: Off
Switch Assist: Off

Game Options
Injuries – 20
Fatigue – 45
*I do not want lineman to come out of the game, so anything much higher than this and you will have to sub (too much) during the game. I like this balance.
Min Player Speed Threshold – 100
*Tuning to 100 helps tone down the Run game which cannot be fully addressed without an EA Patch.

Special Teams
FG Power - 46
FG Accuracy - 30
Punt Power - 45
Punt Accuracy - 40
Kickoff Power - 55

Penalties
Offside – 1
False Start – 5
Holding – 5

Facemask– 15
Defense PI – 1
Offense PI – 25
Punt Catch Interference – 100
Clipping - 30
Intentional Grounding - 30
Roughing the Passer - 54
Roughing the Kicker - 100

Unless I see something that proves me incorrect, this will serve as the final set of penalty sliders until EA releases a patch update.
Version 1.4 - Blue Set - Download from EA Share – BucfanTB
(Items in parenthesis = the previous slider setting)

Player Skill
QB Accuracy - 5
Pass Blocking - 25
WR Catching – 25
Run Blocking - 0
Fumbles - 40
PD Reaction Time – 100
Interceptions – 35
Pass Covererage – 0
Tackling - 40
*WR Catching adjusted for more frequency of drops.

CPU Skill
QB Accuracy - 45
Pass Blocking - 50

WR Catching – 35
Run Blocking - 85
Fumbles - 40
PD Reaction Time - 100
Interceptions – 50
Pass Covererage - 0
Tackling – 75

*WR Catching dropped to show more drops per game. Interceptions increased to punish bad decision-making. Tackling increased to off-set all other changes.
*Bottomline: This set will probably serve the casual fan as the most “Realistic” set of sliders but will probably not challenge the better Madden players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Version 1.4 - Black Set - Download from EA Share - BucfanTB
(Items in parenthesis = the previous slider setting)

Player Skill
QB Accuracy - 4
*Use QB Acc 5 if you struggle with directional passing.
Pass Blocking - 20
WR Catching - 25
Run Blocking - 0
Fumbles - 40
PD Reaction Time - 100
Interceptions - 25
Pass Covererage - 0
Tackling – 45

*Tackling increased to provide some forgiveness for those that have not mastered the one-on-one tackling. It’s harder to take the right angles given the speed of some of these CPU backs. Guys with very good stick skills may still consider keeping this setting at 30-35. Alter this if you find yourself struggling to stop the run.

CPU Skill
QB Accuracy – 50
Pass Blocking - 45
WR Catching – 47
Run Blocking - 100
Fumbles – 45
PD Reaction Time - 100
Interceptions - 45
Pass Covererage - 0
Tackling – 100

*Lowering WR Catching down to 47 is only for those of you that think the CPU never dropping balls is too unrealistic. Remember, it’s a video game. It’s not going to play like the real thing. But you will see more CPU drops with this setting.
*Raising fumble number to create a more realistic feel. If you hit stick the CPU, you may see a fumble a game. I've still never seen more than one fumble in a game.

Last edited by bucfan47; 09-17-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Hopefully a good slider set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M25 Sliders for experienced players

Thanks for posting these. I'll give them a shot. I've been trying to get the CPU to beat me with no luck so far... I'll try to help out and test.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

These look close to what I plan to use. Just a few questions:

Whats your playing style? Do you use lead passing as QB? I am thinking of either using USER QB accuracy 5 and using lead passing, or using QB accuracy 10 and just pressing the receivers button and letting the ratings play out as far as pass accuracy.

Any house rules for play calling?

Is there any reason to turn off switch assist? My impression is that all it is is a buffer that prevents you from performing a move (dive tackle) then switching to another player and having that carry over. I use no-switch so it wouldnt really matter but just curious if there is a reason you turn that off?
Old 08-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGkaos
Thanks for posting these. I'll give them a shot. I've been trying to get the CPU to beat me with no luck so far... I'll try to help out and test.
Thanks KG. let me know how they work for you. Def too easy I feel at this point but....it's a start.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
These look close to what I plan to use. Just a few questions:

Whats your playing style? Do you use lead passing as QB? I am thinking of either using USER QB accuracy 5 and using lead passing, or using QB accuracy 10 and just pressing the receivers button and letting the ratings play out as far as pass accuracy.

Any house rules for play calling?

Is there any reason to turn off switch assist? My impression is that all it is is a buffer that prevents you from performing a move (dive tackle) then switching to another player and having that carry over. I use no-switch so it wouldnt really matter but just curious if there is a reason you turn that off?
I use directional passing which does come into play with the setting at 5. Didn't notice much at 10 & to be fair even at 5 it's not something I notice on every pass. I use Tampa Bay and I do see some errand throws with Josh when I incorrectly press the wrong direction. So good news there.

I call my own plays, and manually switch on everything, as well as play every position on the field minus the D Line.

Let me know how it goes. I play in a 32 man LG and I'm in charge of setting the sliders for that LG. These sliders here however are designed for connected franchise with games played vs CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Rookie

One thig I noticed is the option plays kill the CPU... However, I may have found a way to fix it. Try putting Roughing the Kicker at 0 instead of 100. CPU seems to get aggressive that way. I'll tinker some more and let you know if I find any sweet spots. But yeah, game is easy right now.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGkaos
One thig I noticed is the option plays kill the CPU... However, I may have found a way to fix it. Try putting Roughing the Kicker at 0 instead of 100. CPU seems to get aggressive that way. I'll tinker some more and let you know if I find any sweet spots. But yeah, game is easy right now.
Let me know what you find. I'm all for making it harder. Right now, I'm having trouble making it hard enough in all areas. I'm hoping to get a challenge from the CPU but its not been easy.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm about to gig up. This game is trash. Defense doesn't exist and this game is meant to have 77-70 scores..... I don't think I'm going to buy it. Good luck with the sliders though, I doubt you'll fix it because the defense doesn't react properly. I just started watching replays and my god these defenders are morons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »