Home

Madden 25 Penalty Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Penalty Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 Penalty Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Does anyone think it is ridiculous that penalty sliders have an effect on gameplay? I really don't understand EA sometimes.
Absolutely ridiculous. But it's true. I was about to take the game back because I could not get the quarterback for the computer to throw long to the wideouts. (deep slants, posts) Not bombs. I am testing a slider set with computer quarterback acc. way down and with the DPI and OPI at around 75. So far Eli Manning is still throwing down field with QACC at 10 but completions are still a little high. Things will have to be tweaked. But the game is playing much better now. The running game is also very effected by the roughing the kicker, the computer is running the ball a lot better but my players take really bad angles and wiff tackles with the RTK at 75. I think the DPI and RTK needs to be brought down to 65 and tested.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

I put OPI and DPI at 0 and I was blown away at the coverage I was seeing... Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvEiclRiGw
Old 08-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
Rookie

DPI is the only slider on the game that will loosen up man coverage. Pass Coverage slider is only for zone coverage, they tighten up there coverage when a player enters there zone. Pass Reaction is for play action passes, as to not not bite as hard if turned up, and once the ball is thrown. I am putting this together.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

Everyone seems to provide some good insight as to how the penalty sliders work, but what settings are some of you running with now?

I'm using these.
Penalties
Offside – 55
False Start – 49
Holding – 45
Facemask – 15
Defense PI – 1
Offense PI – 35
Punt Catch Interference – 45
Clipping - 30
Intentional Grounding - 40
Roughing the Passer - 54
Roughing the Kicker - 45

Old 08-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #21
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Does anyone think it is ridiculous that penalty sliders have an effect on gameplay? I really don't understand EA sometimes.
I look at it like added gameplay sliders. Penalties are never gonna be anywhere close to accurate but at least we can tune the game even further then with gameplay sliders alone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #22
Rookie

I'm trying to bring the computer quarterback accuracy down to have errant throws. QACC 5 DPI 70. I'm testing these out. When the computer Quarterback ACC is turned down they won't throw downfield. So to counter this I'm loosening up the coverage so he will with DPI 70. This also loosens the coverage that I get so my QACC is 4. And Computer pass coverage is turned up to 80.I'm also lowering my OPI to 65, my receivers are running some bad routes that have cost me some interceptions. I won't have a complete set today but will post when I do.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #23
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

So what does the other penalty sliders control? I heard clipping being lowered will allow your linemen to block better at the 2nd level... Is that true or any others?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
So what does the other penalty sliders control? I heard clipping being lowered will allow your linemen to block better at the 2nd level... Is that true or any others?
Sorta.... But I feel it effects other things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »