Home

Charter04's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #913
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Charter04's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
So just got finished with the game, first and foremost I absolutely LOVED the scores! Tight defensive contest and it's been what I've been crying out for post patch!! Lol.

Seattle ended up winning the game 20-16, Henne had a chance to win it on 4th and goal and threw a pick into the endzone that pretty much ended the game. We could've easily won the game and this is probably the only thing that worries me so I'm going to look towards reducing the threshold to cause a greater disparity between players and their ratings. I think if there's a bigger difference, we'll usually see the better teams stomping on teams like Jacksonville. I wouldn't have minded if SEA won 27 or 34 to 16 but 20-16 is way too close considering how good Seattle is and how bad Jacksonville are.

Onto the stats...

Final - JAC 16, SEA 20

Total offense:
JAC - 311
SEA - 353

Rushing Yards:
JAC - 41
SEA - 193

Passing Yards:
JAC - 270
SEA - 160

1st Downs:
JAC - 16
SEA - 20

Turnovers:
JAC - 3 (2 of them were my doing, so I'm not worried about that)
SEA - 1

3rd Down %
JAC - 5-10 (50%)
SEA - 6-12 (50%)

Penalties:
JAC - 1 for 5 yards (on me)
SEA - 2 for 20 yards

Poss Time:
JAC - 19:45
SEA - 40:15 (Thought Seattle really should've dominated more with the time they had the ball - backs up my reasoning for adjusting threshold)

PASSING
Chad Henne went 25/35 for 270 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT's. 7.7 yards per attempt.
Russell Wilson went 19/26 for 152 yards and 1 INT. 5.8 yards per attempt.

RUSHING
Marshawn Lynch - 24/135/0 - 5.6 YPC, Long of 15.
Maurice Jones-D - 16/38/0 - 2.3 YPC, Long of 9. (I think this is more realistic than putting up 100+ yards on SEA defense)

RECEIVING
Cecil Shorts - 6/109/0 - 18.1 YPC, Long of 27.
Mike Brown - 4/53/0 - 13.2 YPC, Long of 14.
Merce Lewis - 5/51/1 - 10.2 YPC, Long of 20.
Doug Baldwin - 3/38/0 - 12.6 YPC, Long of 16.
etc etc etc....

DEFENSE
Geno Hayes was a beast with 10 tackles, lead the game.
Sherman had 8 tackles for SEA. Earl Thomas 7.
Posluszny with 6, etc etc etc...

2 sacks total for the game, both by the Jags. Tyson Alualu and Jason Babin.
Kam Chancellor picked off 2 of Henne's throws, Bobby Wagner was the other. Geno Hayes had an INT as well.

Total Plays: 128.

Brilliant.

I'm going to play another with threshold at 0 (or 100, always confuses me which one causes greater disparity) and play the Jaguars v the Broncos this time. I also want more penalties called but I think I'll leave that for later. Hoping I get blown out vs Denver, if that happens I'll be ecstatic! Lol
And you have to realize this, real life jacksonville is bad because they get NO QB play. You threw 3 picks but you still completed 25/35. Got 16 first downs and converted 50% on third down. The 16 first downs is actually right at their league low avg. Denver leads with 27.4, Seattle at 20. So first downs came out just right.

The key is 3rd down conversions. Being forced to punt. Denver leads league at 49%, Seattle 12th at 39.8, Jaguars last at 29%. If they could put up 50% they would be competing like you did in your game.

I'd say leave the settings like you had them for the seattle game if you loved how it played out and lower QBA. Get it to where its hard for you to pass with a QB like Henne against a team like Seattle. They won't blow you out any other way if you do that well passing.

Also Jacksonville would've taken some sacks most definitely, probably on some of those 3rd and longs. I'd put pass block at 0, run block at 0, QBA at 25 and play that Jacksonville vs Seattle game again.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #914
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201309...enu=highlights

Stats from Jags vs Sea game.

Henne only completed 48 percent of his passes. And they were 4/14 on 3rd down. Henne took 3 sacks. Lynch only had 69 yards on 17 carries.

Difference between good and bad teams and close games and blow outs is all about the QB play and pressure on the QB. Atlanta is getting blown out this season because we put NO pressure on the QB and ours takes heat almost every pass.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #915
MVP

GJD23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
And you have to realize this, real life jacksonville is bad because they get NO QB play. You threw 3 picks but you still completed 25/35. Got 16 first downs and converted 50% on third down. The 16 first downs is actually right at their league low avg. Denver leads with 27.4, Seattle at 20. So first downs came out just right.

The key is 3rd down conversions. Being forced to punt. Denver leads league at 49%, Seattle 12th at 39.8, Jaguars last at 29%. If they could put up 50% they would be competing like you did in your game.

I'd say leave the settings like you had them for the seattle game if you loved how it played out and lower QBA. Get it to where its hard for you to pass with a QB like Henne against a team like Seattle. They won't blow you out any other way if you do that well passing.

Also Jacksonville would've taken some sacks most definitely, probably on some of those 3rd and longs. I'd put pass block at 0, run block at 0, QBA at 25 and play that Jacksonville vs Seattle game again.
Cool, I'll try that out in about 15 minutes. I already had RBK and PBK at 0, hopefully QBA at 25 does the trick. What about WR catching?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #916
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Cool, I'll try that out in about 15 minutes. I already had RBK and PBK at 0, hopefully QBA at 25 does the trick. What about WR catching?
I'd leave it. I haven't had seen any reason to change it. I like 50 catch and 50 int. Just get Henne to give you a few errant throws on those deeper pass so 3rd and 5+ are actually challenging and i think you will be where you want to be.

You first goal should be stay out of 3rd and long because you cant rely on your QB. The only other thing that I heard effects pass rush is lowering rushing the passer. I like the way the WRs, DBs, LBs, and RBs are playing though. Its all about that oline/dline and QBs.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 11-12-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #917
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I'd leave it. I haven't had seen any reason to change it. I like 50 catch and 50 int. Just get Henne to give you a few errant throws on those deeper pass so 3rd and 5+ are actually challenging and i think you will be where you want to be.

You first goal should be stay out of 3rd and long because you cant rely on your QB. The only other thing that I heard effects pass rush is lowering rushing the passer. I like the way the WRs, DBs, LBs, and RBs are playing though. Its all about that oline/dline and QBs.
Sweet, thanks for the info. Jags-S'Hawks coming up in about 20 minutes, little busy right now but I'm definitely going to play it. Hopefully the results are just as good.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #918
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Leading 7-3 at the half. I put QB Acc all the way down to 4 after I started 6-8 for 75 yards with it at 25. Henne is now 9/16 for 104 yards, much better.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #919
MVP

GJD23's Arena

10-3 going into the 4th.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #920
MVP

GJD23's Arena

So I won 17-10 lol. Even with QB Acc at 4, Henne went 15/28 for 181 yards and 1 TD.
MJD had 23 carries for 93 yards and a touchdown, and backup Denard Robinson had 13 carries for 85 yards.
We sacked Wilson 5 times, Alualu had 3 of them.
Poss time was in our favor, 34:05 to 25:55.
We actually beat them in every single category, lol.

Going to have another game later on today, see how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »