Home

Blue Ninja's madden 12 all-madden "franchise mode" slider

This is a discussion on Blue Ninja's madden 12 all-madden "franchise mode" slider within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23
Wink Blue Ninja's M12 slider

***07/04, I have a news for you slider lovers..I am officially going to host an online league for M13, its a sim style no switch league. If youre not sure what it means then come check it out.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gue-rules.html

If you are here reading this,i assume youre into realistic gameplay and stays. If so you should def come check it out, I gave up on playing online in M10 because of unrealistic gameplay and it was no fun, till I found these sim legues on here and I'm glad I joined. Now I'm hosting one. If you have try my sliders you knowI'm all about realistic football experience. This league is full of users jut like you and me.

So come checkt it out and if you like what you see then leave your info and reserve a spot!! League is almost always at full capacity of 32 users, the earlier you try to reserve as spot the better chance you're going tobe able to join, hope to see many sliders loversand sim style players to join and have fun together!!

Here are vids of a guy on his madden franchise using my slider set, you could see how my sliders are working so check it out!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwlCJqosDw

updated 6/10/12 (post-update) on run d reaction and tackling

New entry 10/04/11 on realistic pocket form and eliminating too many sacks by interior defensive line men(DTs)

updated sliders are in blue

new entries are in red

These slider should work for HUM vs HUM/HUM vs CPU/CPU vs CPU

Hey guys these are my sliders, try it out and let me know. Any feedback good or bad is more than welcome.

13mnts, accelrated clock(20)

*Injuries-20
*Fatigue-60

*Auto-Subs
*I'm still tweaking around so it could change easily
QB
IN:1 OUT:0
The only time a starting QB should miss a snap is when either he's hurt or coming out in a wildcat formations. If they are out of gas youre doing something wrong.

RB
IN:90OUT:85 (for 60-40,50-50 split)
IN:85 OUT:80(around 70-30, it could vary split depends on offense style)
IN:80OUT:75(around 80-20, 90-10 split, again it depends)

WR
IN:70 OUT:65
They shouldn't come off the field regularly. Maybe after couple big plays and hits in the same drive.

TE/FB
IN:25 OUT:20
They should stay on the field unless they are hurt.

OL
IN:25 OUT:20
Do you want your back up linemen to come in and take over after driving for more than half of the field in a crucial moments? No. Starter should never come off the field for being tired. Without these guys, there will be no offense.

DE/DT
IN:70 OUT:65
They get tired the quickest out of all the position and madden seems to understand that, so this setting isn't as low as you would think.

LB
IN:55 OUT:50
Why would you want your defense play caller/communicatorMLB/ILB) to ever come off the filed? This is good, it does sub player in when the defense is on the field too long.

CB
sub players if the defense is on the field for long time. But They usually have the best cardio so they could keep running all day.

S
They are usually just chilling back deep and rarely gets abused and tired. It could happen though but this setting should be good.

Penalty
False Start: 25
Holding: 54
Facemask: 55
Clipping: 54
Roughing the Passer: 54
All others :99

I have 99 rather than 100 because I would like to see blown calls by refs also(not sure if this is working at all but at least its not at 100 and there's a chance that they could have blown calls...this is just a theory)

Game speed : Slow
This seems about right. Players in M12 cut and change directions while maintaining speed so much quicker than real life NFL. Plus in the game, all players are running full speed or at least close to it almost all the time, and ofcourse that's not the case in real life.

Speed threshold :32...was 50
Speed rating should not be the only thing that matters when it comes to separation of players. The difference between the fastest receivers and slowest corners in 40 yd dash(I believe its overrated, there aren't many occasions where a player has to run straight line 40 yard forward without helmets or pads during the game) is probably not even 0.5 second. That's about a step or 2 different which isn't much. If I let the speed rating make too big of a difference in the game, players like Devin Hester, Jonny Knox or DHC will be the best receivers in the league while kicking Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne or Brandon Marshall out of elite receivers category. And we all know that should not be the case.

Moving this slider result in certain play become ineffective or too effective.(Ex. lowering it would make your Oline too slow to pull on run plays specially sweeps.)
This is fine the way it is so far(I'll have to play more and see but so far its good).

I use the same sliders for both human and CPU, I don't believe that CPU gets a boost in anyway just that the higher difficulty the better decision making for CPU (I played practice mode and switch back and forth on offense and defense) and it works just fine for me and as long as you don't use money plays, nano blitz etc..
*if that was the case then CPU should get a boost in speed. I tested it and iy didn't, DJax, Hester are still faster than anybody.

Game planning, ball control, just enough knowledge of football will be required. also do not forget to shift your line on every run plays and play actionscoz it seems to play better that way.

I feel like players perform as rated.(there will be difference between dominant players and everybody else pretty fairly)

I did not only seek realism of stats, but also game play meaning every play should be effective if called and executed right (sweeps, draws, goal line fade etc...

Passing
Qb acc...***18...was 20(some likes it at 25)
pass blk...0
wr cat...39

Pass Defense
Reaction...4
int...26
pass rush...34

**(I've heard from some ppl that it might be too high. personally it works for me. should be anywhere between 25-35)

You will see more incomplete passes than dropped passes, which should be the case in real life football. You will drop passes if you get hit by the player covering or anyone, as soon as you touch the ball.And thanks to new traits you will see open field dropped passes also. Which add up to pretty accurate amount of drop passes all season long. I'll say average is about 10 give or take 5 for full time starting receiver(includes RBs, TEs). Sometime your players might only drop one or two, sometimes a lot more per game. Like I said there will be enough incomplete passes where nobody touches the ball which wouldn't count as dropped pass, so QB completion % will end up between low 50s to high 60s in a season.

With this accuracy, might wanna think twice throwing into tight spot unless you have accurate Qbs. Receivers and DBs will have to adjust to a long deep ball depends on who is throwing the ball which is pretty fun to see. All the routes seem to work great including all the out routes. I haven't seen CBs suddenly accelerate to jump the routes instead CBs will react just a step or two(it all depends on who's covering who) and position themselves depends on how good of a corner he is(same goes for TEs vs LBs and Safeties). Coverage will be still fairy tight thanks to much improved defense in madden 12.

You will have enough time to throw in the pocket as long as you get rid of the ball just like how the play was designed, such as 3,5,7 steps. Sometime you get less time and sometime you get more but average about 3-5 seconds. The pocket will form/collapse nicely also. You will get rush from all position and don't expect your Oline to hold the rusher at the point of contact. Because of the stance Oline men are in passing play they might not completely beat right off at the point of contact(sometimes it does. talking about he situation when a rusher isn't even touched because of miss blocking assignment in real life and madden) they will get pushed back slowly (unless the skill of the blocker is way more superior than the rusher) and eventually get pushed into your QB. make sure to pinch your line when attempting quick throws(3 steps or fade etc...) If you don't get rid of the ball within, you"ll be in trouble.

10/04 update***Pinch your line on pass plays except play actions. M12 doesn't seem to know the fact that the fastest way to get to the QB is straight through the middle of the protection. Which is why you see DTs getting sacks more than they should. If NFL Oline men play like they do in M12 the sack leaders in NFL will be DTs, it doesn't happen because DTs doesn't usually get consistent one on one match with a interior offensive line men. The fact I just stated is one of the big reason for it, other major reason would be it is because of the fact the O line can not move or position themselves(technically they could be anywhere as long as their at the line of scrimmage but it just doesn't happen in NFL for many reasons) like defensive players can which makes it harder to consistently double team the outside rushers, resulting in many more one on one situation for outside rushers. Pinching the line on pass plays in M12 makes the pocket form much more realistically and effectively. You now get to/have to step up in the pocket unless blitz is coming through the middle but that should be rather rare.

Utilize your TE/RB to block on a certain plays such as 3rd and long or just simply you need extra time to throw. This is important.

Don't forget the pump fake on double moves or in other occations such as having a skinny/shallow post, you want pump fake while your receiver is running straight (Defensive player will jump a step or two to the direction of where the receiver is going at the moment of fake) to make the DB jump outside of receiver only to let your receiver have an inside position to catch the ball using his body to shield the defender away. Or fake it to the RB running flat out of back field to make the LBs jump to clear a little more room for receivers running in the middle. it is effective as long as you don't do it over and over again. Pump fakes are very realistically effective to where its one of the most impressing addition in this madden to me.

This madden is smarter than ever and more realistic. [/u][/b]
4 men rush, blitz works fairly if applied well. at least with pass blk at 0 you wouldn't see a RG pulling to pick up blitz by Olb from 46 formation(considering strong side is to the right side). thats just bs. pass rush is fairly realistic, D ware blowing TEs and FBs on 90% of the plays while doing the same to OTs with little less successful rate(he's still get more rush than anybody that's not as good).

Rushing
brk tackles...3
runblocking...39
fumble...26

Rush defense
reaction...46...was 43
blk shed...0
tackling...34...was 32

You will fumble more than you should if you don't protect the ball when you need to. You will see enough broken tackles. You will also see pancakes to match CPU's pancake stats(stats are very important for player progression in franchise mode) although some minor stats doesn't seem to such as returning stats and touchbacks. Big runs usually come from good blocking up front and sometime receivers. You will see your Dline take out bodies rather than shed the block and get straight to the RB for TFL(ofcourse unless its Suh and others..They are monsters), and let LBs make plays. And yes draw plays are very effective as long as its called at the right situation. Don't expect to be able to stop the run without calling "run blitz"..hit the gap. Ofcourse unless your front 7 is unmatched by cpu's front 7. Play calling matters more than ever. Playaction works well as long as you set it up. Know your Defense and know what you are capable of doing.(if you keep calling run blitz everytime, be ready for the PA coz your CBs better be able to stay on the island. if you like to blitz, you need CBs that could do that unless ofcourse its a zone blitz.)

Tackle/dive button is very effective in this madden!! I use it almost every play and it makes my life so much easier.

Returning game is surprisingly realistic with these settings also.

Special teams
Field goal power-50(Should probably be lower)
Field goal acc-40
Punt power-55
Punt acc-70
kickoff power-50

on special team, I sim most of the time for punting and field goals because I see too many of those 20 yards punts from CPU and I'm way too much better kicking field goals than CPU and I could almost block majority of field goals.

Punt Power-Raised to 55 to give returners little more room to return. I don't think they get enough at 50.

Extra
DPP system affect the gameplay more than I have imagined...and holy s**t it makes a huge different...I just found out last night. having a better team and players in hot streaks simply gives you better chance to win one-one matches all over the field and win the game as a team.

although it is all-madden level, I believe the only thing separates All-madden from All-pro is AI's decision making ability and controller skill. And they are pretty realistic. If you have NE going against CIN, the should be fairly easy as long as you know a little about football.

only thing I'm having a little problem is that my team's cpu controlled player do hell a lot better job rushing the QB by beating the block...I don't even know how that s**t (Defensive engage control) works so maybe I just suck at it lol

Well that's about it, I will be updating and tweaking if I see/hear something. good luck and hope you'd like this and if you have any question go f**k yourself...jk

Reviews/feedbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert429
Played a half. Was sharp with Brady so I just switched to my franchise. Lost to the cowboys 26-16.

I passed for 379 with Fitzpatrick, 69%, but he was on a hot streak. Started off sailing passes but then caught fire so no changes yet.

Couldn't run the ball finally - still gave up too many rushing yards. I don't mind the yards, just how easily they came. Might edit CPU run blocking.

Will tone down player INT, picked romo twice, once with LB.

Romo threw 55%. tempted to bump CPU accuracy.

Best game I've had so far.
Adjusted the slider so problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mans laughter 8
I've played 8 games using these sliders and plan on continuing their use. Created an account just to tell you great job. I am going to start a new franshise tonight and will update roster/stats/etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller
I just want to say, you hit the nail on the head. I'll post the actual statistics as soon as I can, but I played against the steelers and came ahead 13-3. Ray Lewis was the leader with 14 tackles!

My only question remains, what penalty sliders, fatigue/injury and autosubs, if any? thanks again man, really helped
Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy
Finally, good CPU vs CPU sliders. Very good stats and when I'm rushed for time 10 minutes works just as well.
I've had to reduce pass rush by quite a bit, to 25 (playing against Julius Peppers or Mathis I have to take it to 20 because its ridiculous otherwise) I think this has led to some real good games with a nice mixture of results. Blowouts, close games, upsets, etc. So thanks a lot for finally giving some decents sliders for us spectators!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
Blue Ninja's All-Madden sliders:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...de-slider.html
These seem to be one of the best sliders on these boards if used right. With this slider set ALL cPU and Human sliders are the same which leads to noone having an unfair advantage. With the lowered sliders from passing to the oline you better get used to using slide protections and learning how to pump fake effectively. I'm looking forward to testing these more to post better findings, but with all the other new sliders I couldn't give these ALL my testing time. Slow threshold and no specific game clock (I used 11-12 min)
Thanks for the feed backs everyone!!!

Last edited by Blue Ninja; 07-04-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Re: Blue Ninja's madden 12 all-madden "franchise mode" slider

p.s. btw does anybody miss Tony Bruno from madden last gen? I do. We need him back!!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Updated the thread after playing more games in franchise mode. check it out!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Alright I'm trying these - I'm the pats vs bengals. Hoping I can still dominate. Then I'll try as a sucky team and hopefully get beat soundly.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
Banned

Played a half. Was sharp with Brady so I just switched to my franchise. Lost to the cowboys 26-16.

I passed for 379 with Fitzpatrick, 69%, but he was on a hot streak. Started off sailing passes but then caught fire so no changes yet.

Couldn't run the ball finally - still gave up too many rushing yards. I don't mind the yards, just how easily they came. Might edit CPU run blocking.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 AM   #6
Rookie

bakb's Arena

Just about to try these out.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert429

Glad that you like it so far. Before you start tweaking stuff you should at least play a couple more games with your Bills. I would like to see how that goes too. I play with Dallas in my franchise, wk 1 Sanchez completed about 68% of the pass..Probably because I had 2 td lead leading into 2nd half and called plays safely and he threw many check downs and flats. he didnt get much yards.

wk 2 against Alex smith, I played aggressive and he only completed about roughly over 50%. Rushing stats were similar, LT+great Oline and Frank Gore with ****ty Oline was just about the same.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakb
Just about to try these out.
Let me know how it is. I will appreciate feedback

Last edited by Blue Ninja; 09-06-2011 at 12:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »