Home

Recommended sliders for 7 min. quarters?

This is a discussion on Recommended sliders for 7 min. quarters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recommended sliders for 7 min. quarters?

Hey guys, can anyone recommend All-Madden sliders that would fit nicely with 7 minute quarters? I am not very picky with the specifics, just want sliders that would make the gameplay smoother than the default All-Madden, but can't seem to find sliders on this site considering that they all require 14-15 minute quarters. Any feedback would be much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Recommended sliders for 7 min. quarters?

I would also love some sliders for 7-8 minute quarters, with accelerated clock turned on. (How do all you people have time for 15 minute quarters??? I'm envious.)

Anyway, this is the first Madden game I've owned since 2007 for the PS2, so it took a while for me to get a handle on things. Now that I do, the game is a bit too easy. That may be because I'm on All-Pro, which has traditionally been my preferred difficultly level; All-Madden was too controller-breakingly frustrating for my blood. Now that I'm a little older and a little wiser, though, I wouldn't be against trying All-Madden again.

Basically, I'm looking for...

1. ...the running game to be a little more challenging. Jamaal Charles is almost unstoppable on I-formation stretch plays. Which is nice and all, but I really want to earn my 200 yard games. I'd love for the defense to force me to try something else from time to time.
2. ...the deep passing game to be a little less impossible. Yeah, I have Alex Smith, which is probably a big reason I'm so bad at throwing the ball downfield. But I really shouldn't be throwing nearly as many interceptions as I have been. If Dwayne Bowe is going on a seam route against single coverage, I should be able to chuck it up and have a reasonable expectation that Bowe can get it before the CB magically turns around at the exact right time and picks the ball off.
3. ...pass rushing to not be so futile. I've managed a decent number of sacks with Justin Houston, but they've almost all been coverage sacks. I don't want to be able to blow by the O-line for 8 sacks a game or anything, but I'd at least like to put some pressure on the QB every now and then.
4. ...scores to be realistic but not boring. My first two games were exhilarating and required me to put together last-second touchdown drives to win. Then I got destroyed by the Eagles and bounced back to beat the Giants in another toughie. Since then, though, the wins have been too easy to come by. They haven't even all been blowouts so much as shootouts I knew I'd end up winning. I'd like to see a decent balance of tough close games, shootouts, and blowouts. If it has to be a shootout, I want the pressure to be on. Essentially, I want the result to genuinely be in doubt... even if I still end up winning more than losing.

TL;DR - I'm also looking for good sliders for 7 minute quarters!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Recommended sliders for 7 min. quarters?

@thiglyfe, the accelerated clock with the run down to 12-20 seconds left winds up being equivalent to 7 minute quarters with no accelerated clock.
stats will be pretty much identical to 15 minutes, except maybe the # of plays. and that usually winds up in the high 30s to low 50s per team. combined you'll get roughly 80-100 plays a game.

any slider set will work with 7 minutes. find one that you like and play with them.
I use all pro default with user tackle set to 0 run-block set to 0.
ai/cpu tackle set to 100.

I have the pass reaction at 100 and coverage at 100 for both teams. they say pass reaction is reversed. so you may want to test that theory.

other than that's it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »