Home

MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters

This is a discussion on MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #9
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
I'm looking forward to playing with the new rosters too! Only have about an hour on them so far. Not even a full game. And it was just for roster testing, not even for fun. Oh well I'm glad so many guys are enjoying the roster ports.

The "All-Pro Equal Based" and the "Equal Based" aren't too difficult. I would say the All-Pro EB set is only slightly more difficult than a casual player would expect, but "Equal Based +++" is more than enough for me. For the higher difficulty slider sets, I spend about 5-10 minutes "scouting" my opponent (CPU team's Depth Chart & Injury Report) and then "assessing" my favorable match-ups on offense versus their D, and writing down 5-10 "ideas" or "points of emphasis" I want to remember during the game. I never pause the game if it's not going well and I usually find myself standing in front of the TV pacing in-between plays rather than sitting on the couch. The AI in Madden 12 (with the proper slider/penalty adjustments) can be the most difficult I've played in any Madden game since SNES. I love it! Can't wait to start my new franchise this year!
Great work on all of this Trey. You've brought back new life to the best Madden this generation (in my opinion). I'm going to download your latest roster in the next couple of days and try out some slider adjustments. I like your equal based ones, but the sack rate is just WAY too high in my games. Maybe it's a coach mode thing, not sure. I raised the intentional grounding to 100. Any other suggestions?

I think the next thing we should all get into is averaging out the real life numbers in NFL games vs what we're seeing in M12. Then we can try and adjust the sliders to match. That way we can get the most sim like version of M12. What do you think?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters

Hey guys. Trey and I have been working on rosters, franchise files and other things for quite some time and the only thing that I have not posted yet is my own personal sliders. These took me about six months to make so I hope you all enjoy them. Before you use these I want you to know the following:

1) I play DT/NT on defense.

2) I never user run route or user catch on offense or defense.

3) I have tried these sliders with the 2012 end of year roster, 2013 end of year roster, the Madden 25 roster that Trey ported over, and the 2002 roster of Cursive's that I ported over.

Besides that, I have no house rules. Your games will be tough but also realistic as possible with what EA has given us. Don't go play a game and think "These aren't realistic! I should be throwing all over the place with Aaron Rodgers against the Panthers secondary!" Any given Sunday guys. Try them out and as always, I encourage feedback.

General Settings
Quarter Length: 11 mins
Strategy Pad Quick Links: Optional
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock: 20 secs
Camera Settings: Standard
Auto Strafe: On
Auto Sprint: On
Injuries: 20
Fatigue: 60
Game Speed: Normal
Player Min Threshold: 0

Penalties
Offside: 55
False Start: 25
Holding: 54
Facemask: 54
Defensive Pass Interference: 100
Offensive Pass Interference: 100
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 54
Int Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 54
Roughing the Kicker: 100

Player Skill
QB Accuracy: 21
Pass Blocking: 0
WR Catching: 39

Broken Tackles: 0
Run Blocking: 0
Fumbles: 25

Reaction Time: 4
Interceptions: 26
Pass Rushing: 34

Reaction Time: 25
Block Shedding: 0
Tackling: 50

CPU Skill
QB Accuracy: 21
Pass Blocking: 0
WR Catching: 39

Broken Tackles: 50
Run Blocking: 35
Fumbles: 60

Reaction Time: 4
Interceptions: 26
Pass Rushing: 34

Reaction Time: 75
Block Shedding: 75
Tackling: 75

Special Teams
FG Power: 40
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 50

Auto Subs
QB: 0/1
RB: 80/85
WR: 45/70
FB/TE: 20/25
OL: 20/25

DT: 65/70
DE: 65/70
LB: 50/55
CB: 50/55
S: 50/55
Old 09-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #11
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2

These look pretty similar to mine for the most part. I'll plug em in when I start actually "playing" the game again.

Out of curiosity, did you read my section on penalties affecting gameplay? I noticed a HUGE jump in aggressiveness when I switched the OFF & DEF Pass Interference penalties down to 1. I used to play on 100 for both because there are never any interference calls, but after switching I noticed how much more aggressive defenders and receivers play the ball. Huge difference to me. Plus the interference penalties never get called anyhow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Incredible work, Trey. Love the updated rosters. I'm glad people are still supporting Madden 12, it remains the best Madden yet IMO. 13 and 25 are disappointments.

I'm using the Chiefs in my franchise, and here are the results from my first three games:

Manuel: 16/34, 252 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Smith: 9/25, 94 yards

Charles: 13 carries, 144 yards, 1 TD
Jackson: 10 carries, 98 yards, 1 TD

Stafford: 5/18, 51 yards, 1 INT
Smith: 13/31, 139 yards, 1 INT

Charles: 12 carries, 120 yards, 2 TDs
Bush: 15 carries, 147 yards, 1 TD

Rivers: 21/39, 308 yards, 1 TD
Smith: 14/28, 223 yards, 2 TD

Charles: 11 carries, 51 yards
Mathews: 12 carries, 28 yards

Couple things I've noticed:

1) CPU QB accuracy: in the second half of the Chargers game, I bumped it up from 14 to 21. Rivers was under 50% completions, and most of the misses were guys wide open that he overthrew by 5-10 yards. The previous game, Stafford was awful, only throwing 5 completions. 21 seems to be a good setting that still allows for inaccurate throws, but gives the QB a chance to connect on longer throws with good QBs.

2) Interceptions: In the second half of the Chargers game, I bumped this up from 15 to 25 for both HUM and CPU. I understand there needs to be some dropped INTs in Madden to keep the numbers realistic, but everyone had skillet hands with INTs at 15. I was making dumb throws (lobbing balls into double and triple coverage) and not paying the price for them. Hopefully 25 will be better, need to play a few more games with this setting.

3) Auto Subs: In all three games, Jamaal Charles has disappeared from the game sometime around the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th quarter. I can't put him back in at all. This has been an issue with Madden and NCAA for a long time, and reading other threads it seems like setting the OUT point very low (10 or 25 or something like that) might help. The thinking is that as players fatigue, their maximum fatigue rating they can get back through rest gets lower and lower. So eventually, when their max falls below 88 (as your settings are now), they will not return to the game at all.

Otherwise, these sliders have been great. Love the line play in both the running and passing game. No more "patty cake" animations playing ad infinitum.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

Last edited by rspencer86; 09-23-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #13
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Used these sliders today and enjoyed the game I played. Good pressure from D-line, both sides were able to generate a running attack, QB accuracy was solid on both sides. However, I did notice that both teams (Giants and Redskins) had their HB disappear in the fourth quarter basically. I'm guessing that's related to fatigue?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #14
Just started!

Two things: I'm not able to open the links for the rosters and the link for the guide to transferring rosters doesn't actually have a link I can follow. Any help?
Old 12-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #15
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Which sliders are people rolling with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
Just started!

Are you getting in to sack the qb?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »