Home

Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with

This is a discussion on Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #41
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Most realisitic sliders I've been able to come up with

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Re the challenge in the user passing game: Im curious why you have CPU Int below 50?

Im in year two of a friendly franchise and commish raised CPU Int to 55 and I can see and feel the difference. CPU is really trimming down on my pass success from last season and overall they will read and react very well to passes into tight coverage. Im even seeing good ball hawking skills from their safties in cover three and cover two coverage.

You will still see drops.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4
This. I was getting on here to post that I think I found the solution and this is it. Just finished the test game I was talking about. Played same teams so I could see same player skills.
Cowboys (me) vs. Giants
30-24
Valiant effort from Eli leading a TD drive with under two minutes to go but they couldn't recover the onside kick and I was able to kill the clock.
Total Offense for both teams:
Cowboys--367 (285pass/82run)
Giants--350 (276pass/74run)
Was really happy with those Total Offense numbers. I think that was the first time at least one team hasn't been in the 400's.
I think had they ran more early they might've won this game. They only ran 8 times all game trying to play catch up from the start. It was 14-10 at the end of the first quarter and 20-10 at the half forcing Manning and the passing game trying to catch up. He was 24-37 (64%) for 315 and 3TDs 0INTs.
Wilson ran 6 times for 55 yards. Averaged 9.1 yards per carry but they didn't have a chance to run it enough. Although Wilson was still a factor in the passing game catching 3 passes for 53 yards.
Defensively they were stout up front and I couldn't get much of anything going on the ground. JPP had 10 tackles 3 for a loss including a sack. 14 total team tackles for a loss! 4 team sacks. 1 INT and 3pass deflections. They forced a fumble on a sack but couldn't recover it. Weatherford was forced to punt 6 times as they struggled on third downs going 2-10.
Cowboys (me) played pretty good with the lead the whole game. I was 6-6 in the red zone (3TDs/3FGs) And had a possession time of 43:51! Giants only had it for 16:09. First downs were 21-16 in favor of the Cowboys. Romo couldn't be stopped completing 30-39 (76%) for 312 and 3TDs to 1INT. With that said. Murray couldn't get going. 30 carries for 76 yards (2.5avg) He broke one tackle, had 25 yards and first contact and only had a long of 11. Giants seemingly knew when he was getting the ball and were blowing up the backfield on a consistent basis. Defensively, I was able to force a lot of punts and get the ball back, hence the huge disparity in time of possession. Defense made a lot of nice plays on third down. We sacked Manning 5 times. 2-3 of those sacks were due to tight coverage and Manning holding the ball too long. Those were my only tackles for a loss. We had one pass deflection, and no INT's. Lee did force a fumble on one of the sacks and it was recovered by Carter. Says I had two turnovers but I can't remember what the other one was. I think maybe the stat line was messed up, Wilson fumbled once but then it was overturned and said he was down so maybe it glitched, idk. Maybe not and I just don't remember the other turnover I got lol. Jones punted 4 times. All in the second half.

Was a great game and felt really rewarding. However, like hanzsomehanz mentioned above I think putting the INT's back at 50 will make this game perfect for me. I'm thinking it will improve the coverage because my thinking is, for INT's to be set higher, that means they should be in position to make an INT more often and thus knock more passes away or force me to throw it away more. I just have to swallow my pride and admit to myself that I was throwing a lot of INT's before with it set at 50 because I was forcing throws and making bad decisions. As far as Pass Coverage goes, I was able to complete a high % of passes even with it set at 90 but I think the change to INT's will change that. If I can't figure out whether or not it is truly backwards, I will probably just end up setting it at 50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #42
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soil2thesun
Nightowl..love this guy..thanks for the in depth analysis man..I am VERY much looking forward to your findings..plugging these in now will be checking back for ur update..
Thanks man, much appreciated! The last game analysis is up and I think the solution is in sight and in the next game.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #43
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
A couple of things to flesh out here:

1. I know eight carries is enough to drive substitution in the real world and all, but we are talking Madden here! I am wondering were they eight short carries versus 2 longer runs in the example you cited in the OP, or runs of similar length?

2. I don't think play now is a good testing platform, as I believe it plays quite differently than games within CFM.

I still think you're on to something good here with regard to the auto subs. I got in a full pre-season game with them last night, and am still very encouraged by what I see. I think it needs some fine tuning and tweaking here and there and it could be stellar.

I am going to continue working with it-as it is somewhat of an obsession of mine-and see where it leads.

Note:I played at 13 minute quarters (think I will up it to 14) at 65 fatigue. I concur that 65 fatigue is too high for those types of quarter lengths. Everyone is pretty gassed by the fourth quarter and it opens up the running game TOO much.
1. They were pretty good carries. I think he broke off a 12-15 yarder and another for 7-8 yards. The others were 4-5 yards and a couple 1-2.

I'm thinking the theory could work if I could up the fatigue and not see players disappear. With fatigue higher maybe it could've been 5 or 6 runs and he would've needed a break but after 5 or 6 his stamina was still high (checking color in formations playcalling) it wasn't til the 7 carry or so that it finally turned to an orange color and he came out after the 8th carry.

But you also have to remember that was a preseason game and the players only play a half or a quarter. Idk what it is this year. I don't play the preseason games. In a regular season game, you might see starters disappear with fatigue set that high, but I'm not sure.
I'm interested to see what you find because it would be great to hear that the theory will work with a higher fatigue setting and no disappearing players.

Also the play now thing, I test them there because I'm tired of starting and having to simulate to get to the first week. And I want the sliders to be balanced for the players coming straight into a game and not on franchise hot or cold streaks.

edit: Also, if I can get the punting up, which looks like I've been able to do finally, I may just be able to up the fatigue and run with that theory in the OP. But with the 7-10 drives sometimes & sometimes it's too often, guys on the o-line get gassed.

Last edited by NightOwl; 09-10-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #44
Rookie

Torvar's Arena

OVR: 0

would these sliders work with madden 13
Old 09-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #45
Just started!

NightOwl, I've been using my own setup similar to yours and I have one thing you may want to try..

Instead of having facemask at 50, I put it too 0 and I've seen a much bigger improvement in the CPU tackling. I also have CPU tackling at 100. Before this when I ran a dive or iso, a lot of times the CPU wouldn't fully tackle me allowing me to dive/fall forward for extra yards. So what used to be a 4-5 yard carry would become a 7-8 yard carry.

Since putting it at 0 I've see a big improvement in that category. I've had it at 1, 15, 25 and a bunch of other settings but they haven't worked the way 0 has.

Just something you might want to try to make it a bit harder on the run game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #46
Rookie

haha stop dude
Old 09-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #47
Rookie

Another guy just played a game in our online CFM with skins

Morris 8 carries 20 yards

He did run all over them with RG3 but cant prevent that.

Cpu

Gore 20 carries 183 yards.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #48
Rookie

NightOwl's Arena

Hey guys. I've read some of your replies. Been at school for the past few hours. I'll be back to my apartment to respond to each of you in 2 hours. Thanks for the responses and the patience. my next test is going to be with CPU int's and coverage at 50 so if you guys want to plug those in with the other changes I've made, I'd love to hear some results. I'll also update the OP with the changes I've made when I get back in a different color from the originals. For now, you can find all the changes I've made so far throughout my posts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »