Home

Need help making passing harder

This is a discussion on Need help making passing harder within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Need help making passing harder

Ok so I play with the Chargers and currently play on these settings.

QB Accuracy: 6
WR Catch: 35
Pass Block: 0
Game Speed: Slow

The problem is I'm always getting 400 yards on a game on like 30 attempts. I complete 20 yards passes like it's nothing. I just use gameflow by the way and never hot route or audible.

Rivers will have like 400 yards or so even if he has 4 INTs or not, 4 TDs or not, been sacked a lot or not. I always average like 12 yards a completion and it sucks because I don't want it to be that easy. Any suggestions welcomed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
Banned

LarryLipschits's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Need help making passing harder

Alot more goes into than just your passing sliders. Right now i actually have almost identical user pass sliders but it is hard for me to pass.

Turn the computers pass defense reaction to 100 and pass coverage to 0. Also put defensive pass interference penalty slider at 100 and offensive pass interference at 0. I guarantee you will see a big difference.

There is still alot more to it than that, but that should get you headed in the right direction. I'll be posting my slider set probably tomorrow if you want to check it out. I've been working on them since the game came out and i finally think i have a really good set.

I would also put your qb accuracy at 5 or lower. To me there seems to be a huge difference between 5 and 6.

Last edited by LarryLipschits; 09-10-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLipschits
Alot more goes into than just your passing sliders. Right now i actually have almost identical user pass sliders but it is hard for me to pass.

Turn the computers pass defense reaction to 100 and pass coverage to 0. Also put defensive pass interference penalty slider at 100 and offensive pass interference at 0. I guarantee you will see a big difference.

There is still alot more to it than that, but that should get you headed in the right direction. I'll be posting my slider set probably tomorrow if you want to check it out. I've been working on them since the game came out and i finally think i have a really good set.

I would also put your qb accuracy at 5 or lower. To me there seems to be a huge difference between 5 and 6.
Thanks bud! I'll try it out
Old 09-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLipschits

I too want a more challenging USER passing game. I think a lot of it comes down to the types of plays you call. I use the Jets so I run a West coast offense and all of the routes are quite easy to complete. I try not to overdo it on slants and curls but I mean thats what they run in real life.. I don't think there are any sliders that will ever make it that hard because the CPU calls lots of zone defenses.

As for your penalties, I wanted to ask why you choose to raise DPI and lower OPI? If the purpose is to make the game more challenging that is reversed from everything I read. I haven't tested it in depth but this is from M13's penalty talk and is the logic I am going by, from KBLover in the Penalty thread:

"Defensive Pass Interference

Higher: Decreases the aggressiveness of the pass coverage. Think of it as the defender is worried about triggering a DPI call, so he plays back more and more conservatively. This is probably why we don't see more DPI with it up high.

Lower: Increases the aggressiveness of the pass coverage. The defender isn't worried about the penalty call and is going to make the most aggressive play he can. While this sounds like it always favors the defense, it can burn the defense if the defender is aggressive and/or has low AWR/PRC/MCV/ZCV.

Interesting thing here is that I think lower DPI is overall more help. Defenders tend not to have a lot of ball awareness - until an interception is "rolled up" (you can almost see it, the defender will take coverage/route to the ball with a different animation, etc). This doesn't create more of that animation (INT slider), but it lets more "free form" aggression to play out i.e. "I see the ball and I'm gonna swat it/pick it/attack that pass." I think lower plays out both the "Plays the Ball" trait and the AWR/PRC/MCV/ZCV of the defender better.

Offensive Pass Interference

Higher: The receivers run their routes more passively. Similar logic as above for DPI - the player is concerned about triggering OPI so there's "physicality" in the route running. This might also impact press coverage as well. If the WR are less physical in their routes and ball reactions, it would follow that press should last longer. Higher tends to emphasize "those who can" i.e. the guys who can run sharp routes, beat press coverage, make the special catch, hold on in traffic.

Lower: The receivers run their routes with aggression and physically. They worry less about OPI calls and will do what it takes to get the ball. They are more willing to play like Michael Irvin or other physical WRs. It follows that they'll also tend to go aggressively after passes and may beat press coverage more."
Old 09-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, lower DPI and raise OPI. It will also make the CPU's pass game harder, so adjust their accuracy/catching accordingly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
Pro

I run with the Saints playbook so I have a lot of spread plays and deep passes, maybe that's why but still it sucks being able to complete them all lol.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea. User passing is way to easy with any sliders. The game is simply broken in terms of gaining a challenge from the CPU's defense. Doesn't matter what team or what plays I call. 20 yard completions are the norm.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Switch gameplay off slow.... Passing gets harder. Also adjust OPI/DPI WAY WAY down.

I have OPI at 15 and DPI 42

I have had several tough passing days even with elite guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »