Home

penalty sliders explained

This is a discussion on penalty sliders explained within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
penalty sliders explained

Would someone care to give an explanation of how the penalty sliders work and what their effects are?? I have made a slider set with minimal penalty slider adjustments and this info would be a great help!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
Rookie

Meatball0311's Arena

Re: penalty sliders explained

This is unverified material, so if I missed something please share.

OFFSIDE (DL)
-------
+ Increases block shedding and acceleration/explosiveness at the snap
- Decreases defenders aggressiveness

FALSE START (OL)
-------
+ Increases OL movement at the snap

HOLDING (OL, DL)
-------
+ Increases duration of blocks and has affect on higher rated OL of getting more penalties
- Decreases duration of blocks and more likely defenders will shed blocks

FACEMASK (DEF)
-------
+ Increases violence of hits
- Decreases

DPI (DB, DEF coverage)
-------
+ Decreases aggressiveness of DB's
- Increases

OPI (WR, route-running)
-------
+ Decreases aggressiveness of WR
- Increases

KR/PR INTER (DEF, responsiveness)
-------
+ Increases responsiveness of DEF (Reaction to ball)
- Decreases

CLIPPING (OL, blocking)
-------
+ Increases aggressiveness of downfield play
- Decreases

INT GRND (QB pocket presence)
-------
+ Decreases the pocket patience of QB
- Increases

RTP (QB pursuit, DEF aggressiveness)
---
+ Decreases aggressive tackle animations and diving tackles for sacks on the QB
- Increases

RTK (DEF pursuit)
+ Decreases global pursuit of DEFENDERS
- Increases
Old 09-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Fabulous..extremely valuable info if it is all true..thanks meatball!!
Old 10-06-2013, 04:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Hey Meatball 0311,How Are legit are these to your knowledge!!!

Last edited by Lambaeu12aaronrogers; 10-06-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatball0311
This is unverified material, so if I missed something please share.

OFFSIDE (DL)
-------
+ Increases block shedding and acceleration/explosiveness at the snap
- Decreases defenders aggressiveness

FALSE START (OL)
-------
+ Increases OL movement at the snap

HOLDING (OL, DL)
-------
+ Increases duration of blocks and has affect on higher rated OL of getting more penalties
- Decreases duration of blocks and more likely defenders will shed blocks

FACEMASK (DEF)
-------
+ Increases violence of hits
- Decreases

DPI (DB, DEF coverage)
-------
+ Decreases aggressiveness of DB's
- Increases

OPI (WR, route-running)
-------
+ Decreases aggressiveness of WR
- Increases

KR/PR INTER (DEF, responsiveness)
-------
+ Increases responsiveness of DEF (Reaction to ball)
- Decreases

CLIPPING (OL, blocking)
-------
+ Increases aggressiveness of downfield play
- Decreases

INT GRND (QB pocket presence)
-------
+ Decreases the pocket patience of QB
- Increases

RTP (QB pursuit, DEF aggressiveness)
---
+ Decreases aggressive tackle animations and diving tackles for sacks on the QB
- Increases

RTK (DEF pursuit)
+ Decreases global pursuit of DEFENDERS
- Increases
First off, meatball, I too want to thank u for this info. I used your info to start a set of penalty sliders for myself and have referred some people to your slider set for info on 'what' the sliders do. After playing with these some, I do, however have to disagree with a couple of them:
Clipping - what I've noticed is the higher the setting, the more actual clipping calls get made, but the lower the setting, the more aggressive downfield blocking happens. Set at Zero, and u will see some serious plowing of the field by Olineman running down the field and just leveling the safeties and corners. Which, is fun to see and actually somewhat realistic, it definitely benefits the human running game too much.
Offensive PI and Def PI. I've noticed more aggressive play the higher the setting. I currently have my Off PI set at 65 and my WRs are absolutely challenging for the ball. I think this also helps CPU WRs break out of their routes more easily, cleanly, smoothly and they run to get the ball while it's in the air. I have def PI at 62, and I've seen more swats with it set here. I like the offensive PI higher than the def PI to give the CPU a little boost and to make spec catches more spectacular (it gives me a benefit too, of course, but I feel this really helps the CPU pass better making the game more challenging). Actually, I just looked back at your post, and maybe we're both right. You're saying the route running and coverage are more aggressive at lower values and I'm saying the actual break on the ball and attempt to catch are more aggressive at higher numbers. Hmmm, that's interesting. Lower value equals better route running, but the WR may not 'go' for the ball hardcore, but at a higher setting, the route running suffers, but the WR will attempt a spec catch. Cripes, I hate madden programmers.
And, what I've seen with face mask is similar to yours, but I like to explain it like this: I currently have mine set at 54. At this number, u will see some facemasks called, and u will see facemask animations from time to time. U will also see hard hitting with the hit stick and strip ball animations. At anything higher than 58, u will see many facemask penalties called, AND u will lose the hit stick animations and will see less fumbles and less strip ball animations. So, where u say the higher the number, the more violent the hit, it's true in the sense that the tacklers are trying to rip a guy's facemask off, but it's untrue in the fact that when u go for a hitstick with a high facemask rating, u actually won't see the hitstick animation hard hit, u will see a horse collar tackle or facemask animation.
So, for me, I like to see the wicked hit stick animations, so I keep it at 54.
And, the punt catch interference and roughing the kicker. I think you're correct on these, but in addition, I have to say that the player movement in general for me seem more 'free' at a lower value and they don't feel as controlled, so I like this value low and currently have them both at 17. The punt catch interference one when set high feels like there is an invisible force field surrounding every player so they can't be touched and this has caused those wtf moments where a defender doesn't go for a sure tackle when he should on any normal play, not just on punts, so I like this setting low.
Same thing with roughing the kicker. Set high, and I think the global pursuit is increased, however this comes at the price of the players kind of slowing down too much and feels like it makes it easier to set up blocks. With this value set low (once again, I have mine at 17), I feel like each individual player is choosing his own path to the ball based on his own pursuit ratings and setting up blocks becomes a little more difficult now as each individual player is moving at a different speed and taking their own personal pursuit angle (sometimes they pursue well, sometimes they don't).
So, that's what I've seen. Hope that helps. I'm about to post my final set of all encompassing sliders with every slider tweaked that I feel is playing fairly realistic and fun while providing a decent challenge from the CPU. I'll have them posted later today, I think if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd sy its pretty legit I've made a few changes based off that guide and its responsive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »