Home

Cfm injuries slider

This is a discussion on Cfm injuries slider within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Cfm injuries slider

So I drafted a qb who is mobile, good speed, so I like to run with him in option plays about 6-8 times a game. His durability is 97 so he is good. I play coach mode always. My injury slider is at 18.

I'm having a real issue here in this version, every time my qb touches the ball and takes a hit he gets injured.its not just my qb, but In a game I had 10 players injured. This seems to happen to me all the time. But, it's real bad at qb. I don't want to turn injuries off, but I'm tempted cause this is ruining my cfm.

So my question to you all what can I put injuries at to reduce this? To make it more realistic? Any help would be great, thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Cfm injuries slider

Great links, shows I am not the only one.but does not answer my question to where I should put the injury slider at and fatigue at. It's football injuries happen, but you don't see Colin kap getting injured each time he touches the football, especially with a durability rating of 97.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Great links, shows I am not the only one.but does not answer my question to where I should put the injury slider at and fatigue at. It's football injuries happen, but you don't see Colin kap getting injured each time he touches the football, especially with a durability rating of 97.
There are suggestions by other users in those threads at what they have their settings at. Why don't you try out a few and see what works for you.

Moving to the Sliders forum so the slider gurus can see the thread and maybe shed some light on your issue.

Last edited by RGmoney; 09-16-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Banned

LarryLipschits's Arena

OVR: 6

I've seen alot of ppl having injury problems. I really haven't had this issue. When i first got the game i set my injuries at 10-15 and my fatigue at 70, so maybe you can try that to see if it helps. I really can't help anymore than that because like i said i haven't had that issue, so i never really messed around too much with those sliders. I usually see a couple injuries on both sides each game. Usually minor ones, but occasionally a major one. If anything i think i see too few injuries.

You gotta remember though that there are usually several injuries for both teams in the NFL each game. Sometimes they are just minor, but alot of times you will see a team lose a couple guys for several weeks in one game. Just as an example the Steelers lost 3 of their starters for the entire season in week 1. They lost Maurkice Pouncey with a torn ACL/MCL, they lost Larry Foote with torn biceps, and Larod Stephens-Howling to a torn ACL. Injuries are a huge part of the NFL and it sucks to lose some key starters, but it happens quite frequently.

I don't know whether that helped at all, but hopefully you took something from that and give the sliders i gave you a shot and maybe that will help tone down the injuries for you.

Last edited by LarryLipschits; 09-16-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLipschits
I've seen alot of ppl having injury problems. I really haven't had this issue. When i first got the game i set my injuries at 10-15 and my fatigue at 70, so maybe you can try that to see if it helps. I really can't help anymore than that because like i said i haven't had that issue, so i never really messed around too much with those sliders. I usually see a couple injuries on both sides each game. Usually minor ones, but occasionally a major one. If anything i think i see too few injuries.

You gotta remember though that there are usually several injuries for both teams in the NFL each game. Sometimes they are just minor, but alot of times you will see a team lose a couple guys for several weeks in one game. Just as an example the Steelers lost 3 of their starters for the entire season in week 1. They lost Maurkice Pouncey with a torn ACL/MCL, they lost Larry Foote with torn biceps, and Larod Stephens-Howling to a torn ACL. Injuries are a huge part of the NFL and it sucks to lose some key starters, but it happens quite frequently.

I don't know whether that helped at all, but hopefully you took something from that and give the sliders i gave you a shot and maybe that will help tone down the injuries for you.
Thank you, you answered my question. Is it normal for a mobile qb to get a minor injury most of the time he is hit hard? Ty again
Old 09-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Thank you, you answered my question. Is it normal for a mobile qb to get a minor injury most of the time he is hit hard? Ty again

I would say so. This is the NFL...Not college. If you notice, most QB's in real life, tend to slide or go down before they get hit. Even the ones who rush. Vick, Wilson, RGIII, Kaepernick, etc... They all either slide, or run our of bounds. If they got hit every other play, they would never last all season.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
MVP

okay, awesome thank you makes me feel better that its not really unrealistic that my qb was getting hurt so much when he got hit hard. I also think i was running too much. I was averaging about 10/12 rushes a game using your sliders in coach mode.

Last game using 70 fatigue/11 injury i stayed in pocket more, ran only like 5 times for 42 yards and didnt have any issues. Thank you again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »