Home

Fins Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on Fins Coach Mode Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fins Coach Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
I have made some tweaks and had a pretty realistic game with me being the jags against the broncos.. I got my *** stomped and the stats were realistic.. Tebow threw 50% instead of 79.. And manning was at 71%.. Obviously I won't post them, but fins if u want the tweaks I made to try them out pm me brother. I really think u had a damn close to realistic set already just had to modify the pass accuracy.. The run game feels great!

The fact that Tebow is even anywhere on the field is unrealistic. Not to mention 50% is high.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
The fact that Tebow is even anywhere on the field is unrealistic. Not to mention 50% is high.
I think it's better than him throwing 79 percent lol.. And he actually is rated better than any jags qb..
Old 09-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6

These sliders are superb. I used them with the fbg rated rosters. Only one complaint and its more of a Madden problem than a slider problem and that's cup screen passes. Any way to get the cpu to not throw so many screen passes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Thank you so much! This is a great enigma of Madden...no matter if qb accuracy is 100 or 0, dump off passes are a common problem. I definitely feel like I've got the run game down, but I'm working on qb accuracy and pass defense. I've played to games now with cpu accuracy at 20, wr catch at 35, pass reaction time 70 and int at 30 and I'm getting good results. Brady was 63 percent in my last game but Tannehill is still hitting the 75 percent range. I've lowered hum qb accuracy to 15 and I'm testing at that now. I will be updating the first page soon, so stay tuned. Thank you once again for your feedback.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #13
Banned

It's been a few days but I've been diligently studying and identifying key areas within the human and cpu for coach mode. I have made a complete overhaul within the passing game. QB's for both sides definitely appear to be playing to their ratings with the pass accuracy where it is. I raised the pass defense to counter the variables that I was finding in the offensive passing game. Also, I raised run block to 5 for both sides which has open up the run game for both sides as well as the special teams return game with each side setting up blocks better for their respective returners. I also adjusted the field goal accuracy to hopefully get more missed field goals for each side. So far so good. Auto subs are completely broken...I'm not even messing with those anymore. If someone has any ideas...let me know. On a final note, I have played coach mode on Madden many years. Since the birth of my son years ago, I could not hold him and play at the same time, so when Madden implemented coach mode into the series...it was life/game changing. I have since always played with this way and have several times wasted $60 each year to never find the PERFECT slider set...and I'm still searching. With that being said, so many great slider makers on OS and I am honored to finally be a part of this slider maker community. It is definitely tedious, hard work to fine tune each area. This set is very competitive and most of your games will be close. I hope that you find enjoyment in this set and whatever I can do to help please let me know and whatever suggestions you may have...I'm all ears. Keep Maddening and GO DOLPHINS!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey, fins. I know it's hard to compare slider sets between 2 sets as there are so many variables. I personally have found a nice zero slider set for human play. I would imagine these wouldn't work for coach mode. That being said, I do think that I found with CPU QB ACC at 32, the CPU makes smarter decisions and they don't throw as many screen passes. They seem to make more diversified play calls at that rating. They still throw screen passes, but at nowhere near the same clip. I know this may seem too high based on your slider set and what type of play you're already seeing, but I thought I would add this info. I don't know if you tried it higher and slowly tweaked it down, but thought u might want to change this to 31 or 32 for a game or 2 and see if plays alright. Of course, on coach mode, they may throw for 80%, but just thought I'd toss that idea/slider # out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
Banned

Thank you for your reply. I would like to add a comment...I hope you didn't comment on my thread trying to recruit to yours? I initially started off at qb accuracy for both the user and cpu at 25 and adjusted from there. The set is playing well and both sides are making as good of decisions that I believe can be made given this type of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins
Thank you for your reply. I would like to add a comment...I hope you didn't comment on my thread trying to recruit to yours? I initially started off at qb accuracy for both the user and cpu at 25 and adjusted from there. The set is playing well and both sides are making as good of decisions that I believe can be made given this type of play.
Nope, not trying to recruit. People seem to be very protective of their sliders. I am not. I could care less whether someone uses my sliders, your sliders, or joe bob's sliders. I posted something on Charter04's thread mentioning mine for comparison sake, and he became a very agitated. You've asked a couple questions on mine before, and I find it interesting to see how different everyone's sliders are, so I check different things out sometimes. As a long time Madden player (I've played every Madden except for the 2K years when 2K totally dominated the sorry Madden games of that time), I just want what everyone else wants, REAL FOOTBALL. I find yours interesting because you simply coach, and that makes a big difference I would imagine in how the sliders play out. As a couple of people were talking about the screen pass issue, I, too, noticed that problem, particulary with simply playing on all-pro, and I definitely noticed that ultimately my 'magic' number for Cpu QB acc was EXACTLY 32, and at that number, the QB seems to make more diversified decisions and doesn't always check down.
Not trying to recruit, just trying to help out, man.

Take it easy,
OhMrHanky

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »