Home

Animation - WR catches ball in full stride then comes to a grinding halt after catch

This is a discussion on Animation - WR catches ball in full stride then comes to a grinding halt after catch within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Animation - WR catches ball in full stride then comes to a grinding halt after catch

Does anyone know what slider might control allowing a player to catch a ball in stride? I don't remember this being a major issue in last year's game, but my god, give me a break in Madden 25. The WR comes running across the field on a nice crossing route, wide open, the throw leads him into open space, he catches it, AND . . . basically stops, checks his watch, checks the mail, pays some bills, makes a phone call to a friend, and NOW he starts running again. Cripes, THESE are the little things I will never understand about Madden, they always have little things like this, and with the new physics engine, this should be less of a problem, and like I said, I think it was less of a problem last year, but their "improvements" this year seem to have destroyed that great physics engine. Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on this particular animation and what slider might affect it as it's really annoying me right now, I mean, the WR just stops in his tracks after catching the ball. I don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Animation - WR catches ball in full stride then comes to a grinding halt after ca

Eh, it seems the workaround to this is pressing the sprint button BEFORE you catch a wide open pass. There is still more 'pause' then I would like, but the WR seems to keep moving alright.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Animation - WR catches ball in full stride then comes to a grinding halt after ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Eh, it seems the workaround to this is pressing the sprint button BEFORE you catch a wide open pass. There is still more 'pause' then I would like, but the WR seems to keep moving alright.
That'll work fine until the pass gets dropped a few too many times while trying that trick.

Man am I tired of coming up with work arounds for EA's shoddy programming...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »