Home

Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Passing

Why does the cpu never take any deep shots? Only short passes. What do I have to do or change on the silders to make the CPU take a bit more deep shots?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CPU Passing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exh1bits
Why does the cpu never take any deep shots? Only short passes. What do I have to do or change on the silders to make the CPU take a bit more deep shots?
What are your slider and penalty settings? Not sure exactly what causes it, but I've seen plenty of deep passes.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exh1bits
The cpu usually takes deep shots on me when I can't get pressure one the qb and he has all day to stand back there in the pocket.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
What are your slider and penalty settings? Not sure exactly what causes it, but I've seen plenty of deep passes.
I got the default penalty sliders
Old 10-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
Rookie

Seems if you play with 2 or 3 deep zones they won't go deep they'll take what is there which is what they should do, although I'd like to see them attempt those deep 1 on 1 shots. Seems like the WRs are blanketed by the cbs on deep fades when the cbs are in man, I've found no resolution to cbs mirroring routes.

I'm still at a loss for determining how to get the WRs to actually attempt to make a play on the ball when it's a one on one deep pass, seems the wr always attempts an over the shoulder catch while the cb/S goes for the ball at its highest point and breaks up the pass. I'm testing the CATCHING slider at 100, even at 100 I've seen drops balls from throwing in traffic as impact of the defender jars the ball loose. Makes the WRs a little more aggressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff
Seems if you play with 2 or 3 deep zones they won't go deep they'll take what is there which is what they should do, although I'd like to see them attempt those deep 1 on 1 shots. Seems like the WRs are blanketed by the cbs on deep fades when the cbs are in man, I've found no resolution to cbs mirroring routes.

I'm still at a loss for determining how to get the WRs to actually attempt to make a play on the ball when it's a one on one deep pass, seems the wr always attempts an over the shoulder catch while the cb/S goes for the ball at its highest point and breaks up the pass. I'm testing the CATCHING slider at 100, even at 100 I've seen drops balls from throwing in traffic as impact of the defender jars the ball loose. Makes the WRs a little more aggressive.
I've got a combination of WR catch at 83 and Off PI at 64. If I get one on one with a CB deep, I launch it deep and take control of WR at the right time then press and hold Y (ball hawk) and they WILL challenge for the ball. I've got it working with Julio Jones and Harry Douglas sometimes for my falcons. At WR catch 83 with default penalty sliders, I wasn't seeing this. I recently started messing with the penalty sliders and decided to up PI for both defender and and offense. When I cranked it up to 60, I started seeing spec catches when appropriate and the WR challenges pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I've got a combination of WR catch at 83 and Off PI at 64. If I get one on one with a CB deep, I launch it deep and take control of WR at the right time then press and hold Y (ball hawk) and they WILL challenge for the ball. I've got it working with Julio Jones and Harry Douglas sometimes for my falcons. At WR catch 83 with default penalty sliders, I wasn't seeing this. I recently started messing with the penalty sliders and decided to up PI for both defender and and offense. When I cranked it up to 60, I started seeing spec catches when appropriate and the WR challenges pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Thanks for sharing this, I'll give this a try later tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »