Home

All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

This is a discussion on All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #73
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
No matter what you do, runs are always like Peterson.

Restarted my ccm on all-pro. Only 3 assisted tackles total RG.
Yes, there is a way.
raise Tackle to 75-100 lower PBK and RBK to 0-5.
It worked on my other sets.

If you keep it @ 50/50, runs become too easy,
1. Because your getting too many pancakes.
2. Your OL will get hot and you will notice more ypc.
3. When your OL get hot, they get more pancakes lol.

So yeah, I don't know may have to roll w/ 75/100 Player/Cpu tackle sliders.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #74
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Cool Re: All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

Difficulty: All-Pro 50/50 Modified Penalties 1.2 Update!!

Player Skill/CPU Skill

Qba: 50/50
PBK: 5/25
WRC: 50/50

RBK: 5/25
FUM: 50/50

PDRT: 50/50
INT: 50/50
PCV: 50/50

TAK: 75/100

Penalty Sliders
Penalties

FS: 100
HOLD: 55
FM: 55
DPI: 55
OPI: 55
P/Kint: 55
Clip: 55
IG: 50
RTP: 55(3-4 calls per gm)
RTK: 55

Latest test to reduce pancakes, ypc, and increase penalties called per gm.

As you can see these are barely tweaked from All-Pro 50/50 but they make a big difference in gameplay!

Last edited by RG3MVP; 11-21-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #75
MVP

forme95's Arena

I've been working along those same penalties RG. RTK I have at 69. Seeing some assists that way. Also, I noticed, if I lowered PCI lower then 65 I would lose some gang tackling. Like players would stand there and watch if the guy would make the tackle.
The only other one that is different, is I like the OPI and DPI at 75 still. I may try to keep them there. I'll let you know the results. I think there is great interaction, especially in one on one. Ive tested them at 64/64 with a lot of interceptions but not with your sliders.
Let me know your thoughts bro. I think its almost there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #76
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I've been working along those same penalties RG. RTK I have at 69. Seeing some assists that way. Also, I noticed, if I lowered PCI lower then 65 I would lose some gang tackling. Like players would stand there and watch if the guy would make the tackle.
The only other one that is different, is I like the OPI and DPI at 75 still. I may try to keep them there. I'll let you know the results. I think there is great interaction, especially in one on one. Ive tested them at 64/64 with a lot of interceptions but not with your sliders.
Let me know your thoughts bro. I think its almost there.
I had to lower RTP to 54 forgot to mention that. I posted 55 in error lol.

I'm going to test your Penalty slider changes w/ my changes to Run Blk and PBK. All my other sets always end up w/ 0 user PBK and RBK and it finally gets pancakes down to a fair amount.

By following other threads, I've seen how lower Holding, Clipping, and False Start can slow down pancakes too.
I'd still like to see penalties called at least a few times.

Who know's, I may end up going back to All-Pro 50/50 on PBK and RBK and dropping Holding, Clipping, and FStart down to 0 if they are the culprit for all the pancake stats, especially when I see P. Garcon w/ 8!! Even if I had 5 Rbk and 5 PBK I still saw too many pancakes.

Penalties may end up saving this game, but we won't see any penalties really called.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #77
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Oh man, I started to fall into slideritis! Going back to what was working w/ really good variations on games, low scoring, some high scoring, just a solid mix of different games. Each game was its own story when I had 50/50 All-Pro w/ adjusted Penalty sliders.
I was seeing really good results when I had the lower False Start, Holding, and Clipping. Helps reduce the pancake totals fairly well w/o messing w/ Skill Sliders.
I'm sacraficing penalties called for better OL & DL gameplay.

Also I had 10 assisted tackles in one game, and 8 in another w/ this setup along w/ 25-45 fatigue.

Something about the gameplay seems much more organic w/ the 50/50 Player/Cpu Skills.
Heres my testing Sliders for today

Player/Cpu Skill Sliders
50/50 on All.
Fatigue: 40
Threshold: 50
Inj: 50

Penalties
FS: 5
Hold: 10
FM: 54
DPI: 60
OPI: 65
PCI: 69
Clip: 15
IG: 50
RTP: 54
RTK: 65
Testing to see if lower FS, Hold, and Clip will lead to better defensive pursuit angles and more assisted tackles. Last game I tested w/ a similar set produced 10 assisted tackles and players were gang tackling, it was a pleasant sight to see w/ 50/50 Skill sliders.!
Thanks for the findings w/ these penalty sliders
To be continued....................

Last edited by RG3MVP; 11-22-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #78
MVP

forme95's Arena

Penalties may just be a sacrifice to good gameplay. I hate not seeing them, but I hate ridiculous stats more. I just wish I could eliminate the ridiculous running game as well. But again, it is what it is. I want to start a ccm and play it through. It's really getting absurd lol. I'm going with the op set. No more itis...... Fix one thing break another..... There's no one tweek. It just causes a major issue somewhere else. I don't understand it and don't care to kill myself trying lol. Thanks ea lol. Now I know where slideritis came from.

Last edited by forme95; 11-22-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #79
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

I realize the goal of this thread is to leave most player/cpu sliders at 50 and only adjust penalty sliders. I too tried this and still couldn't get the gamelplay I was looking for. However, I tried MrHanky's latest slider set (see link below) and so far I've had two excellent games. Just something you might want to check out. I appreciate all of the work the slider creators have endured while trying to find better gamelplay. I'm starting to think something will always be off with this game no matter the adjustments. Poor programming I guess but it is what it is at this point. I'm going to do my best to just play the game from here and get the most out of my $60 investment.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-tweaked.html
Old 11-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #80
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I realize the goal of this thread is to leave most player/cpu sliders at 50 and only adjust penalty sliders. I too tried this and still couldn't get the gamelplay I was looking for. However, I tried MrHanky's latest slider set (see link below) and so far I've had two excellent games. Just something you might want to check out. I appreciate all of the work the slider creators have endured while trying to find better gamelplay. I'm starting to think something will always be off with this game no matter the adjustments. Poor programming I guess but it is what it is at this point. I'm going to do my best to just play the game from here and get the most out of my $60 investment.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-tweaked.html
Idk with his findings on penalty sliders, we should be able to keep the 50/50 skills and get some pretty decent gameplay, even lost 2 out of 4.

I like his penalty sliders, only thing I'm testing that's a bit lower is Hold, FS, Clipping.
I'm hoping this will lower my pancake totals.
After that, these are final for me.

I may test 2 w/ my latest findings and 2 with his.
If anyone wants to test these to different sets of penalty sliders, compare and contrast resullts...

Here is
Ohmrhanky's/RG's
Penalties
OS 70/100
FS 70/5
Hold 70/10
Facemask 56/54
Def PI 62/60
Off PI 62/65
Punt interference 61/69
Clip 56/15
IG 64/50
RTP 54/54
RTK 65/65
-------------------
1st gm w/ my penalties

Dolphins: 6, 3, 0, 0: 9
Redskins: 3, 7, 0, 21: 31

Both Qbs were cold, it was windy and rainy!
Love the gameplay, this game was much closer than it looks in the final score. It was 10-9 for the longest time. This game was all about defense and turnovers. I had 2 sacks, they had 2, but they had 6 turnovers to our 3. They had 7 drops, which I account to the rain, Tannehill could've ended w/ a very good stat line had they not dropped some wide open passes downfield!
Dolphins leading rusher Ben Tate went down w/ an injury in the 3rd, he had 17 att. 62yds, 3.6ypc. 23yds after 1st hit
vs
Skins leading rusher A. Morris, 15atts. 81yds, 5.4ypc, 27yds after 1st hit.
F. Gore, 9atts. 25yds, 2.8ypc, 1btk, 16yds after 1st hit
RGIII, 6atts. 20yds, 3.3ypc, 2tds,
R. Helu, 1att, 13yds, 13ypc,

Dolphins/Redskins
317 OYG 309
61 ORY 143
256 OPY 166
16 1sts dwn 13
16 PR Yds 39
109 KR Yds 86
442 TYG 434
6 TO's 3
5 3rd dwns 4
0 Rdzn Td 2
1 Rdzn Fg 1
0 PENYds 15
28:51 TOP 31:09

Only 4 total assisted tackles in this game.
As you can see the Lower Holding, False Start, and Clipping has really improved the Rush Defenses globally, at least in this game.
This game was close for 3.75 QTR's

Pancakes
Dolphins/Redskins
4/10
This was lower pancakes totals than I saw when I lowered PBK and RBK to 5 and kept the Hold, FS, and Clip above 50+.

I'm going to test another and hope to see similar global defensive improvements.

Last edited by RG3MVP; 11-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »