Home

All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

This is a discussion on All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Will do. I just threw these together:

User/Computer
QB Accuracy: 5/55
Pass Blocking: 25/0
Catching: 45/70

Run Blocking: 10/25
Fumbles: 15/25

Reaction Time: 0/0
Interceptions: 15/50
Pass Coverage: 90/90

Tackling: 25/35

That mixed with 90 fatigue 18 injury 90 speed threshold and Normal game speed. I have custom substitution sliders where I set every position but HB, DE and DT to sub out at 0 and back in at 1. HB come out at 75 and go back in at 85 [but I will likely change that to 80/90.] Defensive Ends come out at 10 and come back in at 15. Tackles come out at 15 and come back in at 20. I might increase those as well. Fatigue seems to work a bit different in 25 than it was working in 12. In 12 it was far more powerful. I will crank it up to 100 fatigue first though, before adjusting those numbers.

I played 49ers at KC Saturday night and sicne then the adjustments I made were lowing user blocking from 25 to 10, increasing user and computer coverage from 75 to 90. I just finished a game of the 49ers vs the Canton Legends, and got my but kicked. Gore put the ball on the ground twice, and whiel Colin was having a good game, I saw Boldin comingopenon a post route and let it fly, but I got a bad die roll and the ball sailed pretty badly right into Ronnie Lott's hands and no where close to Boldin. I also think I am actually on All-Madden sliders after my adjustments [I can't remember all my changes] because the kicking meter felt faster. Maybe it was just my imagination though.

I don't claim to be the best on the sticks. I just try to stick with football concepts and play my best. When I get a chance to play a few more play now games against good and bad teams I'll post more results. I am always looking for animations and consistent "problems" that crop upalong with keeping an eye for things I like too.

I will certainly keep things updated on that link you sent. I just need some more games under my belt. I also haven't built much of a custom playbook yet for offense. I am in the middle of that project.
Now those sliders look like a very hard to stop CPU O. No disrespect to those, but
Keep in mind that Play Now vs CCM gameplay may be different.
I couldn't use fatigue @ 75 with autosubs adjusted BC the CPU was still finishing games with all backups(OLine, Wr, etc)

Now also the challenge with M25 is the defensive sliders(or lack there of) BC they removed blk shedding and pass rushing.
If I were you, after you get your custom playbook I would jump into a test CCM season.
I've had to adjust penalties, just as much as the skill sliders lol.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #10
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Playing Da Bears next! Using updates on my slider setup.
I'll post thoughts tomorrow, morning comes too fast lol.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG3MVP
I couldn't use fatigue @ 75 with autosubs adjusted BC the CPU was still finishing games with all backups(OLine, Wr, etc)
That is why I told you my auto-sub settings as well. Those are vital. The only players that really sub in and out of football games are defensive linemen and running backs. Nickle and dime receivers and corners sub in and out as he game progresses, but that is obviously by package and not because of fatigue.

In playing with Madden 11 and 12 sliders and talking with Jarod, I never bought into the whole "play now is different than franchise" theory personally. I think that people forget that in Madden 12 they introduced DPP [Dynamic Player Performance] and that in the player traits section are two big "features" that impact every player [allegedly]: Consistency and confidence.

Being on a hot or cold streak [1 or 5 stars of confidence] has a noticeable impact on their performance. I haven't look at everyone, but I think that some players like Brady and Manning start with like 4 confidence stars so that if they have just one good game, they are likely to "be on a hot streak" faster than others. I want to say Patrick Willis is like this when I looked at him a week ago.

The consistency rating is supposed to measure how often that player plays up to his ratings. This, according to Donny is actually something I liked, and that in my opinion him and EA have completely dropped the ball on in terms on implementation. It looks like they haven't changed many players at all in terms of player traits since they introduced them in Madden 12. Navorro Bowman still has the same traits as when he had in default Madden 12. He still only has 1 star of consistency even with two years of lights out play and constant comparisons to the man he is playing next to. Some even have the courage, and I a ma starting to agree, that this year he is even playing better than Willis... and that is not a knock on Willis. Anyway, the idea is that let's say that your player has 99 tackle but 1 star of consistency, then he is supposed to have a 1 in 5 chance of actually playing to that 99 tackle rating on game day, which is also modified by his confidence rating. At least that is how it was explained. It was EA's way of justifying having higher ratings for player across the board instead of the Madden 10 style of lowering ratings. In Madden 12, that was half the fun of playing with Tim Tebow. He had 88 deep accuracy but only 1 star of consistency. He rarely played to that rating, especially with sliders, but he COULD. Also, Tebow has the "clutch" trait which makes him turn it on in the 4th quarter. So, fro ma video game perspective, if you could just manage the game the best you can [only throw to wide open guys, throw it away, or tuck and run along with playing good D] and by the time it got to the 4th, you could let him lose and lit it rip. I had a lot of fun with that in a Broncos franchise, but the franchise mode itself was still dull. I skipped 13 and was hoping that the other improvements would help make this Madden 12 2.0

I will share not only my game results, but along with my madden blog [in my signature] I will talk about how I call and play defense. I don't claim to be a great Madden player, but I am more than willing to share my "secrets" to help other madden players improve. I am not going to win baller tournaments, but I do try to play sim-style the best I can. When I was at Tiburon a few years ago, people complimented me on my Run D and my consistent methodical offense. I almost won the in-house tournament [which was in part done to get us testing heads up game play as we had already been playing the computer enough] I made the final round and played J. Stine and took a late 4 point lead but couldn't hold defensively [but to be fair I saw two dropped picks that could have sealed the game, and there was a missed tackle that set them up with great field position.] I never thought of myself as that good but people tell me I am better than I give myself credit for. I guess my point with all of that is that sliders, settings, and player ratings all matter, but so does individual user skill. I try my best to remove the need for user stick skills. I just try to get the game to play out and teach people how to call games better... and to sometimes accept a butt kicking, or be okay with blowing out he computer one in a while. I think that is part of slideritus. You kick the computer's butt with the Jags and think that you need to throw out the sliders. Maybe so... but maybe not. Just keep plugging away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #12
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Talking Re: All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

I have started this thread to get everyone thoughts on All-Pro All 50's!! now!
Post Patch 2 has done some good for All-Pro imo!! And with the new findings w/ Penalty Sliders improving pursuit and tackling angles in general, this is even better.
I'm loving my All-Pro set 50/50 w/ custom Penalty Sliders

Make sure after you upload/import(in CCM) to check the your difficulty settings to be sure its All-Pro. Its should but good to be sure.

Post Patch 2
------------------------------------------------------------
Difficulty: All-Pro 50/50 Modified Penalties 1.2 Update!!

Player Skill/CPU Skill

Qba: 50/50
PBK: 50/50
WRC: 50/50

RBK: 50/50
FUM: 50/50

PDRT: 50/50
INT: 50/50
PCV: 50/50

TAK: 50/50

Penalty Sliders
*important for gameplay*(its crucial to have these Penalty Sliders, they were tuned w/ Gameplay and Penalties all in mind) Tested in CCM games. Improves various gameplay aspects, Pursuit on SPteams coverage, Qb play, and penalties called w/ more variety. These are set more for gameplay purposes and less about the amount of penalties called.
Penalties

FS: 75
HOLD: 10-this and clipping down this low should improve the block shedding for the defenses globally
FM: 54
DPI: 75-improves the secondary awarness globally and makes for tighter coverage
OPI: 75-balances out the WRs aggressivness in going for the ball
P/Kint: 65-Improves global pursuit and angles for better tackle animations! gang tackling, assist
Clip: 10
IG: 50-allows the cpu traits to playout more
RTP: 54-improves the aggressivness on tackles and play to the whistle
RTK: 65-Improves global pursuit and angles for better tackle animations! gang tackling, assist, etc.

Any feedback is welcomed! Thanks OS community!

Game Options

Skill LVL: All-Pro(All-Pro in CCM)
QTR: 15
Acc Clk: 14
Camera: Your preference
All Assist: OFF(auto-strafe, heat seeker, etc)
Injury: 50
Fatigue: 50
Game speed: Fast
Speed Threshold: 50-adjusted penalty sliders help keep the defense take better angles, so 75 or 100 threshold is no longer needed.
Gameflow: this speeds the game up and you can choose gameplan/conservative/ aggressive and its a good challenge.
I look at it like I'm just getting the calls from the OC and DC and doing the best I can with the play calling.
Motion Sensor: OFF
Coach Mode: OFF
--------------------
Note: Any time you change the player/CPU sliders in main menu, it will reset the CPU spteams to default, be sure to check those sliders after making changes to the player/CPU sliders

SpecialTeams(be sure and set the CPU Slider/SPCteams in the main menu(before loading CCM) save and import when in CCM/Settings).
SpecialTeams

FG PWR: 50
FG ACC: 35
Punt Pwr: 50
Punt Acc: 100
Kickoff Pwr: 54(makes returns a bit harder on both sides, more touchbacks w/ CPU kickoffs)
---------------------------------------------------------

Here's to No More Slideritis, Enjoy
Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Actually I LOWERED CPU catch from 50 to 48 when I lowered their INT from 75 to 47. But I still saw that dumb sideline stuff. that sideline awareness is ALL from pass interference being raise up to 62. 100% garaunteed because that's the only thing I changed between the two games except IG and that's only the QB. The defenders are always reacting to passes better which comes from the DPI. Your research was on point!! I have HUM user at 25 and I have no issues with catching at the moment. some drops on contact that should be expected. Still hang on to some with avant. And avant has made at least one nice leaping grab but I know when I played with the Falcons Julio and Roddy were beasting.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk
Good stuff guys! I like the research you guys are doing.
I have mine on 65 and it works well w/ 50/50 All-Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
RG3---I just posted this (see below) in the other thread. But I believe I'm doing something similar to what you are going back to. Or at least testing. This really worked for me. Using the penalty sliders from the other thread and everything else at All-Pro default, I had a great game. Only one game I know but things seemed much more fluid. Better flow to the game and a lot more fun to me.

I'm not a great Madden player. All-Pro default is too easy for me but All-Madden default is tough. I played a game (one game) where I set everything to All-Pro default. Only thing that wasn't default was my penalty settings. I used the penalty settings from this thread (see below). Much to my surprise, I had a blast! The game was more difficult than AP default but reasonable. I was able to move the ball and the flow of the game seemed a bit more open but challenging. The CPU defense seemed to play tougher than default AP with default penalties.

I'm a bit surprised but would like to thank you for disclosing your penalty settings. This set-up seems to work for me. Is it crazy to think this is possible? Just adjusting penalties can have that big of an effect?

PENALTIES

Offside: 99
False Start: 1
Holding: 1
Facemask: 54
Defensive Pass Interference: 50
Offensive Pass Interference: 50
KR/PR Interference: 61 (Suggestion based on research by OhMrHanky. optimal defender agression)
Clipping: 54
Int Grounding: 25 (Only 3 sacks on Glennon last game)
Roughing the Passer: 45
Roughing the Kicker: 65 (Suggestion based on research by OhMrHanky. maximize pursuit angles)
Yeah, makes sense to keep the skill sliders as close to default as possible and adjust
Penalties(for improved pursuit angles)
Gamespeed: Fast requires faster decision making, which helps the difficulty imo.
Threshold: Which speed threshold gives QBs like RG3 and R. Wilson some realistic seperation w/o being too easy to run.
I want improved angles and assisted tackles too!
Let us know if your seeing any assisted tackle stats and improved break tackle stats.
I will be adding these to OP if they produce what I think they should.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Thumbs up Re: All-Pro w/ a few tweaks= NO "Slideritis"

AutoSubs Updated!
Thanks to Armor & Sword for these Autosubs.

AutoSubs
*important* set your autosubs through main menu>save profile>load your CCM and go to your autosubs and reset. They will show 50/50 but it should use your profile auotsubs from the main menu. Same goes for skill sliders. Set them in the main menu then upload/import sliders from CCM/settings.

AutoSubs Updated!
Thanks to Armor & Sword for these Autosubs.

AUTO SUBS
I see better results setting my AutoSubs in Main Menu and CCM both. Testing 90/88 for HBs and DT's now adjusting them in both Screens.
*Modified version of A&S's* I just don't want certain positions ever subbing. Qb, OL, LBs, and Secondary
Offense- in/out
QB 50/50
HB 90/88
WR 60/79
FB/TE 60/79
Oline- 50/50

Defense- in/out
DT: 90/88
DE 50/50
LB 50/50
CB 50/50
S 50/50

My next game I will be using these for sure!
I will report my findings w/ Assisted tackles, break tackles, tfls, etc.
Also how this rotation works out w/ my 50 fatigue slider.

Last edited by RG3MVP; 11-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
MVP

Teleo's Arena

I'm going to test these in my ccm for coach mode. I will report my findings. I'm proud of all your hard work both you and others have put into this community. Bless you guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
I'm going to test these in my ccm for coach mode. I will report my findings. I'm proud of all your hard work both you and others have put into this community. Bless you guys!
I'm saying thanks as well! I made a few modifications to Armor & Sword's Auto subs, certain spot just shouldn't rotate.

Be sure to plug in latest updates on OP!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »