Home

32 team Online Franchise - we need slider help

This is a discussion on 32 team Online Franchise - we need slider help within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: 32 team Online Franchise - we need slider help

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Haha, yeah, sometimes close to 2 hours. I think I avg 1.5 hours. For me, I'm looking for as much realism as I can, and with the ACC clock, time goes faster as far as in between plays, so it's not a full 3 hour football broadcast, of course, but I want to get the right number of plays in, get realistic tackle stats, etc. I also want every drive to mean something, and have some grind it out moments. With 5-8 min qtrs, I just don't feel that. If I played online, believe me, I'd probably just play 5-7 min qtrs to get more games in and accept the fact that it's not going to have 'real' stats, but for my own personal sim realistic franchise, I want the right number of plays, and sadly, have too much free time on my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah man, no worries, In a user vs user game, I think stats would be outrageous with 15min quarters lol

I think 6-7 min with no accel gives us a pretty good game... Games are about 1 hour long and each drive usually lasts a few "game minutes" at least... If you get a nice long 10+ play drive you can still eat up a big chunk of a full quarter, but, we don't have any members that purposely milk the clock and try to play "keep-a-way" so everyone gets their fair share amount of possessions per game... The only thing we don't really get is the 'realistic' number of tackles per game/season

psn - CeeGee
Old 12-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Can you post the sliders your using?

Please and thank you
Sorry it took me so long to answer this. Been gone for awhile since we weren't getting a lot of help and I thought this thread would die.

I don't have a list of exactly what the sliders are at right now, but, I will post them here for you.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 23

I've been using these sliders in a "test league" with all of my league members and they seem to really enjoy them...

Once they got past the fact that the "difficulty" was on All Pro and not All Madden, and actually played a few test games they all really liked the way the game played...

1 thing I will say is that with the Offsides and False Start penalties raised to 70, it is easy to draw the Defense Offsides... So... I made a rule that you aren't allowed to do that in the league... I don't want to change the Penalty Settings because I know they are adjusted with the Sliders.

I will post my slider set in the coming days.

Thank you for a great base to start with.

psn - CeeGee
Old 12-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
Pro

Best thing you can do......is leave the penalty sliders at 50 across the board. These things do weird unintended stuff and when it comes to user leagues, it's a mess.

Don't touch those.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Just noticed that you mentioned the thread we were working on sliders on. I keep seeing this all-madden talk and just wanted to point out the scores from mine and other games using our set, without the recent updates to improve defense..

Eagles 26-14 over Redskins
Eagles 24-19 over Chiefs
Eagles 25-24 over
Oakland 31-18 over Chargers (with a KR TD for oakland)
Atlanta 27-14 over Bucs
Oakland 18-15 over Broncos (he hurt Manning)
Atlanta 31-23 loss to Seahawks (in playoffs)
Atlanta 20-14 over Saints (in playoffs, game before seahawks)
Atlanta 45-13 over Panthers
Atlanta 22-16 over Jets
Atlanta 31-29 over 49ers
Atlanta 42-21 loss to packers
Atlanta 30-24 over Saints
Atlanta 21-3 over Bills
Atlanta 24-22 over Jacksonville (year 2, so they had a bunch of better players)
Oakland 38-14 over Jacksonville

(The Altanta games are all me. All with full 15 minute qtrs and 10-13 second acc clock.)

So with one of the best offenses in the game I ended up top 10 in PPG in the high 20s (those are only the post I could find right now)

Quote:
I've had some defensive games with this slider set on All-Madden.

in the games I played this season my scores were:

23-17
38-34
31-26
47-28
27-23
17-14
37-24
34-14

(My team in bold. Just lost in the conference championships lol, damn.)

That's a shade over 27 ppg average for the CPU, and a shade under for me. Which would put me at around 8th in the NFL right now, just behind Detroit. Not exactly low scoring, but I would say only about half of them would qualify as shootouts. Considering I have a pretty dynamic offense, and a good defense but with some holes in the secondary, I think those are pretty solid numbers.

I was using All-Pro sliders for a while too, and I really liked the way they played, but no matter what I did, I always felt like I could just win if I really tried.
And these are all before recent changes because Human run game was over powered. So, I'm not sure why everyone condemns all madden like there isn't any defense. It's hard to get defense out of this game in general but All Madden provides a challenge. I've never scored 50 points.

Just wanted to throw that out there. These are all CPU games though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #22
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Just noticed that you mentioned the thread we were working on sliders on. I keep seeing this all-madden talk and just wanted to point out the scores from mine and other games using our set, without the recent updates to improve defense..

Eagles 26-14 over Redskins
Eagles 24-19 over Chiefs
Eagles 25-24 over
Oakland 31-18 over Chargers (with a KR TD for oakland)
Atlanta 27-14 over Bucs
Oakland 18-15 over Broncos (he hurt Manning)
Atlanta 31-23 loss to Seahawks (in playoffs)
Atlanta 20-14 over Saints (in playoffs, game before seahawks)
Atlanta 45-13 over Panthers
Atlanta 22-16 over Jets
Atlanta 31-29 over 49ers
Atlanta 42-21 loss to packers
Atlanta 30-24 over Saints
Atlanta 21-3 over Bills
Atlanta 24-22 over Jacksonville (year 2, so they had a bunch of better players)
Oakland 38-14 over Jacksonville

(The Altanta games are all me. All with full 15 minute qtrs and 10-13 second acc clock.)

So with one of the best offenses in the game I ended up top 10 in PPG in the high 20s (those are only the post I could find right now)

And these are all before recent changes because Human run game was over powered. So, I'm not sure why everyone condemns all madden like there isn't any defense. It's hard to get defense out of this game in general but All Madden provides a challenge. I've never scored 50 points.

Just wanted to throw that out there. These are all CPU games though.

lol. It's all good, man. Actually, I am amazed you guys have been able to squeeze some Defense out of AllMadden, but I think it is much harder to strike that balance from AllMadden. And, seriously, I tried several different combos of sliders, and could never get the Defense I wanted. And, personally, I can just 'see' it in allmadden now. Forget the sliders, I hope we can all agree that for years allmadden has been allRidiculous! No blocking, the QB throws the ball wherever he wants, and you can't do jack. And, of course, allpro was too easy, but this year with the sliders working in tandem with the skill level, it seems to be a different ballgame. As I said, I started out with the challenge of allmadden and tried to tweak towards realism, and it was just too much of a struggle, and the end result was never what I wanted. When I switched to allpro, it was like night and day. Now, suddenly, the QBs are throwing the ball correctly and misses look like misses, bullets look like bullets, etc. I'm enjoying starting with allpro and tweaking towards challenge. I definitely think that's the best way to go. To each his own, though.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #23
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Definitely to each his own but Madden itself is ridiculous out of the box on all settings for one reason or another lol. All Madden on default always felt cheap but I still only played it because All Pro was ridiculously easy. This year All Pro wasn't as easy but once you got use to the running moves and total control passing its a breeze, on default. Not sure what you mean by no blocking? All Madden has too good of blocking, which is why I lower the holding/false start sliders to actually let the Dline have an impact. The pass blocks are held too long as well. With both backup QBs playing I just held Packers to 304 total yards with the Bears, they had 57 yards rushing. They held me to under 300 total yards and 10 points, they scored 21. So, All-Madden in itself isn't preventing the game from being defensive. Madden itself is just crazily skewed toward the offense. All-Pro just dumb down the CPU enough to make it seem like is defensive, but then the user never loses.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Definitely to each his own but Madden itself is ridiculous out of the box on all settings for one reason or another lol. All Madden on default always felt cheap but I still only played it because All Pro was ridiculously easy. This year All Pro wasn't as easy but once you got use to the running moves and total control passing its a breeze, on default. Not sure what you mean by no blocking? All Madden has too good of blocking, which is why I lower the holding/false start sliders to actually let the Dline have an impact. The pass blocks are held too long as well. With both backup QBs playing I just held Packers to 304 total yards with the Bears, they had 57 yards rushing. They held me to under 300 total yards and 10 points, they scored 21. So, All-Madden in itself isn't preventing the game from being defensive. Madden itself is just crazily skewed toward the offense. All-Pro just dumb down the CPU enough to make it seem like is defensive, but then the user never loses.
yeah, I agree with most of that. What I mean by 'no blocking' I think is from previous maddens, and by that, I mean, 'no HUMAN blocking.' That drove me about the most nuts playing allmadden in the past and is why I stopped. I mean, you're telling me my 99 rated Olineman can only hold a block for what seems a SPLIT SECOND!! lol. And, the cpu blockers can hold a block for ETERNITY!!!??? so, that's what I mean. This year's madden is definitely geared towards offense, no doubt, and the running game in particular. And, I love running the ball, but this game has been ridiculous, so hard to tone down the run game. Random thought for you, not sure exactly how you play, but I personally made it a 'house rule' for myself to never use the LT precision modifier. That trigger is garbage imo and I can't even stand the thought of having to press it just to get my RB to do anything!! And, how many times do I have to try a double juke move with the right stick and get it to work?! Instead, I get a juke, and then a RIDICULOUS spin move backwards out of it. ugghhh, I really hate that trigger. That helps to not break as many tackles and helps keep the human run game down a little, anyways. I hope they scrap it next year the way they normally do with new 'innovations'. You know what I miss? That one year they had the Vision Cone. U see, THAT actually made sense and made passing interesting, a little more complicating, but interesting. Looking off your WR faking Safeties made sense and being more accurate if your WR was in the Cone. And, Peyton Manning's cone was huge, and Michael Vick's was tiny. It actually seemed to be implemented CORRECTLY!!! For a change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »