Home

PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

This is a discussion on PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #41
Rookie

RealityCalls84's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

Thanks again for all of your hard work, PSCMPUNK!

I've been patiently waiting for these post-patch sliders, and I'm looking forward to starting a new franchise with them this afternoon before baseball comes on tonight. haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #42
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSCMPUNK
Okay bubs3141, I've never tried so I don't know. Try 'em. Extremeskins04, Did you try using them after this most recent patch? The reason I ask is because EA just patched this game less than a week ago and as usual it did more harm than good. Every year when they release their patch it causes us slider makers to make new ones to work with whatever they tried to "fix". I have my new set ready & I'll be posting on the first page of my post real soon. Just wait a couple hrs. As for generated rookies not sucking because of practice? I don't know. I practice all the time. I like developing my players into beasts. Isn't that why they put the mode in to begin with? The problem I have is, when I simulated ahead a couple of seasons the cpu generated players were not developing hardly at all, after like 4 or 5 years & not just them, players like Cam Newton were moving at a snails pace as well. I just hope this was just because I simmed and hopefull it won't be a problem after this patch. I guess only way to find out is to play 4 or 5 years. LOL.

Thank You for using
PSCMPUNKS "Best In The World Sliders"
at coach mode.

GO BEARS!
I hear what you're saying but I in fact have the latest patch, and it still plays this way. As I watch my team play, I notice these things happen EVERY game in the past 8 games now all with different drafted players. I'm not 100% sure that ratings mean a whole hell of alot in this game to be honest.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #43
Banned

I don't understand what you're looking for. I understand you used T. Brady, but there is a lot of other factors involved. What scheme are you using, what playbook, who's your receivers. Too many variables for me to answer your question. Did you use the new sliders I just posted and did you input them in the main menu before going into your connected career & import them once you got into your connected career? It should be at All Madden difficulty in your connected career too. Don't know if that helps. every game will play a little different also. Best sliders by far I've ever used.

Thank You for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #44
Banned

One more thing for the guy using T. Brady. Did you get sacked a lot? Even T. Brady gets frustrated from time to time. Throw the ball away [R3] instead of getting a coverage sack, or in the case of a blitz most people don't know [I didn't until recently] that if you use R3 when they blitz you usually it will throw the ball to the receiver in the hot route which can have some really good completions. I've been getting some nice catch animations with these. Other times they might have a safety ready to pounce it so use your judgement. It depends on on you QB's traits I think whether ihe forces the ball in there or throws it away to the sidelines. I like using the R3 feature
because it cuts down on your QB getting sacked a lot & possibly injured. They hardly call intentional grounding anyway because the ball is usually in the vicinity.Pretty nice. You can also tuck the ball [L2] & scramble if your QB is nimble enough if the pass coverage is just too tight. Oh, I almost forgot
don't get caught up with this player should be better or that player should be worse because even D. Brees has an off year. It's just a game. just like the NFL. Some player exceed. Other players fail. Have fun everybody. I know I am.

P.S. Calvin Johnnson burnt me for 269 yards during my test run and no I didn't tweak the sliders afterwards. Did everbody see that sick 329 yard day yesterday?

Thank You for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!

Last edited by PSCMPUNK; 10-28-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #45
Banned

I just had the best interception in a Madden game ever. I was playing the Vikings with Da Bears & my CB T. Jennings cuts in front of their Wr and tips the ball to himself And races down the sideline for the score! TD BEARS! So awesome. Later in the same game I had another pick, this time with C. Tillman against G. Jennings and G. Jennings was flagged for holding against C. Tillman. I'm getting a lot of good WR/CB battles for the ball. with these sliders. I'm so glad I started my franchise over after the patch. It is definitely worth it. Getting a lot better animations this time around. This is definitely the best time I've had in a Madden franchise. It's quite addicting & fun. I love this game.

Thank you for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!

Last edited by PSCMPUNK; 10-28-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #46
Banned

I thought about going the coach mode route but I notice you guys use game flow. I'm not understanding the stradegy with that. Will I destroy the computer if I call my own plas? Now when playing Madden myself, i do use game flow for that reason. However, it really isn't fun. I'm an old front page sports guy. I loved making my own plays and game planning. I just hope that these sliders are just for watching the CPU play itself.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #47
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSCMPUNK
One more thing for the guy using T. Brady. Did you get sacked a lot? Even T. Brady gets frustrated from time to time. Throw the ball away [R3] instead of getting a coverage sack, or in the case of a blitz most people don't know [I didn't until recently] that if you use R3 when they blitz you usually it will throw the ball to the receiver in the hot route which can have some really good completions. I've been getting some nice catch animations with these. Other times they might have a safety ready to pounce it so use your judgement. It depends on on you QB's traits I think whether ihe forces the ball in there or throws it away to the sidelines. I like using the R3 feature
because it cuts down on your QB getting sacked a lot & possibly injured. They hardly call intentional grounding anyway because the ball is usually in the vicinity.Pretty nice. You can also tuck the ball [L2] & scramble if your QB is nimble enough if the pass coverage is just too tight. Oh, I almost forgot
don't get caught up with this player should be better or that player should be worse because even D. Brees has an off year. It's just a game. just like the NFL. Some player exceed. Other players fail. Have fun everybody. I know I am.

P.S. Calvin Johnnson burnt me for 269 yards during my test run and no I didn't tweak the sliders afterwards. Did everbody see that sick 329 yard day yesterday?

Thank You for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
So just to make sure I understand you correctly, you're controlling your QB in certain situations using the R3 button but you're using coach mode? Isn't coach mode supposed to be letting the QB's and all the other players (with the exception of kickers/punters) do there own gameplay based on their ratings? That's the point right?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #48
Banned

Yessir, but my point is to have fun, which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm having a blast. I do not, repeat do not control any other players period. Except the kicking, punting, and returners. I do not move the QB in the pocket. I only throw the ball away or tuck and run if I choose. It's my fantasy don't ruin it. Play however you choose. That's the beauty, It's just a game. Live life. Have fun.

Thank You for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!

Last edited by PSCMPUNK; 10-28-2013 at 07:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »