Home

PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

This is a discussion on PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: PSCMPUNK'S COACH MODE SLIDERS BITW

Good luck on your Dolphins 'chise. I hope it works out good for you. Just remember it's just a game and have fun.

Thank you for using
PSCMPUNKS "Best In The World Sliders"
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #58
Rookie

BBlom13's Arena

OVR: 3

It looks like I'll be using these slider when I start my coach mode franchise.

I just have a few questions since I've never done coach mode before.

- Is there a true coach mode setting like in NCAA?

- Do I have to manually hike the ball?

- And do I have to punt the ball manually?

Those are my only 2 concerns right now. Thank you for your help, and thank you for the sliders!

I look forward to using them!

Follow my Twitter! @thatBeebo

PSN- WindyCityFlyerr
Old 10-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #59
Banned

I didn't pick up NCAA this year, so I don't know. There is a coach mode setting you can turn on in the settings and in the game after you pick the play [you still have to hike the ball manually] if you don't press anything the cpu will take over all the actions of your players. That being said, the cpu AI is still pretty dumb sometimes, so I'll choose to take control and manually tuck a run [L2] or throw the ball away [R3] to avoid the pass rush on blitz's or instead of taking a coverage sack. Yes, I let the cpu do all the passing game, run game, run after the catch. You still have to control the punts & field goals. The kick return team is optional. I choose to run back the punts & kickoffs. I've been getting some really nice results with this slider set. This game is all about the sliders. You have to adjust them to fit the style that you play. I prefer "Coach Mode". Others have their own set of "house rules" they play by to keep the game interesting. I hope this helps.

Thank you for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #60
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

So I believe I have figured out what my problem was. Even though I set your sliders up in the beginning, whenever I would start a new connected offline career, it would reset my sliders back to "All-Madden" and I was getting destroyed.

I've actually needed to "import custom sliders" once before I start playing my career, and then once the franchise file is saved, it's good to go. Your sliders work great man.

I've done a fantasy draft and picked up some decent players. Surprisingly enough, Colin Kaepernick is a great QB in this game as well as RB's like Doug Martin and CJ Spiller. Pretty amazing honestly.

Having a good season so far. Good sliders man.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 7

Really enjoying your sliders pscmpunk. As for practice progression, I do not practice so that progression stays level. Overall I am happy with the progression in madden as it is one thing that I believe they did right and better then what is in MLB: The Show 13. That game has serious problems about 4 years in with progression. If they can patch the white sleeve glitch, then I am totally good with this game for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #62
Banned

I haven't made it past the first season in MLB The Show this year so I can't comment on that . I love that game so far though. As for Madden I've simmed ahead 4 seasons and the progression is terrible post patch. Pre patch I had a franchise in the 4th year, [played every game, pre season & practice] I know I practiced and all but the cpu progression was so bad for young players and everybody across the board. None of the rookies from the the first year draft in my pre patch franchise were above 83 by year 4. They just wouldn't hardly progress at all. That was pre patch. I've got my fingers crossed they fixed it when you play all the games but I doubt it. I think they have one last minor patch coming when the next gen drops.
All in all, the most fun I've had in Madden franchise at least since Madden 05.
Love the storylines. Hope you have fun.

Thank you for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #63
Banned

One last time. I guess I'm going to restart my Bears 'chise one last time because I've decided to take a 180 on my practices. No longer am I going to practice every week. As a matter of fact I'm pulling an Allen Iverson here. I've been reading all about does the cpu practice or not posts a lot lately. Well there is an easy way to find out. I started a fake new 'chise. I turned the progression to the end of the season for the cpu teams. I practiced on my team as usual preseason week 1 & even played that weeks game. Now onto the next week. If you look at your players exp., they all have 2000 exp.+ if you won your practice. [I did] Save. Now trade for any player on any cpu team and you will find they did not practice that first week. If you go to progress them [after they're on your team] they won't have no practice exp. points. Obviously you can't trade past the trade deadline so it won't work in week 16. I also tried practicing every week but simmed the game up to the trade deadline, then saved and traded for cpu players. Guess what? No exp. besides what they earned in game or milestones. So I've decided to not have an unfair advantage because it was kinda taking some of the fun out of it when in my first Bears franchise, [pre patch] I was 4 years deep and really dominating because my players were so much much ahead of the cpu players learning curve. I love the experience points idea, but why put in practice if the cpu doesn't use it. Too much of an advantage to us humans. I hope they fix it on the next patch but I doubt it. I'm loving these sliders though. They really make the game enjoyable. All in all, I don't think it's going to be that bad not practicing. It sure was fun spending all those exp. points though.
Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you for using
for coach mode.

GO BEARS!

Last edited by PSCMPUNK; 10-31-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #64
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

I'm going to try these sliders out in my 'Chise. They look interesting, and I like what I'm seeing as far as everyone's comments.

I'll let you know how I make out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »