Home

And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

This is a discussion on And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #65
Rookie

Brees2Graham's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

Can you get more detailed about how RTK & PR/KR Interference works?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #66
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees2Graham
Can you get more detailed about how RTK & PR/KR Interference works?
Yeah, I'd say RTK is the 'aggression' slider. Set at 50, and u will normally see ONE tackler make a tackle, and when that one tackler engages the ball carrier, no one else will interfere or help out. Around 60-62, suddenly, if a tackler is engaged with a ball carrier, the rest of the d takes notice and swarms to the ball and KEEPS ON HITTING until the player goes down. That's why with this slider above 60, u will actually see assisted tackles. Similar to what RTK actually is in real life, hitting the kicker after he's kicked, so the player doesn't 'care' whether the play is over or not, he's going to keep on coming and hit whatever he can. Now, while aggression sounds great for d, it has it's drawbacks and I personally have found my sweet spot at 66. Set too high, and players will go all out a little too much and lose their pursuit angles, and u can basically fake them into a pile, and reverse your field and gain big runs. I felt this occurring at 67, and something else happened at 67 - I can't remember now, but it may have been kick returns became too easy because u could fake them inside and bounce it outside. Now, PRI sort of helps control this aggression and these 2 sliders definitely work in tandem. Once again, here I try to think about 'what is punt interference and when does it occur?' Well, it occurs when a defender doesn't recognize the punt returner's space and comes crashing in. So, there's sort of a sense of 'awareness' with this slider. RTK ups aggression and PRI ups awareness. PRI ultimately feels like it controls global pursuit. They seem to understand space better between themselves and how to get to the ball carrier without being juked. As I've tested these, it feels to me like I want RTK higher than PRI. That just seems to play out better. Gives the player more aggression but they're also under control. This ultimately gives LBs better gap control IMO and helps to limit big plays (particularly by RB). The perfect spot for me is 64. And, I'll tell u, at 65 what I've seen is confusion on the punt returner. I've seen a few muffed punts at 65 and I've seen the punt returner not even know where the ball was. Kind of comical, but not totally realistic. The other thing u will see upping PRI is greater hang time on ALL balls. This makes sense for a punt as you are more likely to commit PRI if your punter hangs the ball longer as u will get to the punt returner before the ball lands. However, this also results in the QB throwing with more hang time. Lol. And, seriously, you'll see some goofy throws on short routes by the QB where he just lofts in a pass that should be zipped in there, so once again, this was a sweet spot for me, and didn't want to see 'floaty' balls thrown (I think I started to see that at 70).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #67
MVP

forme95's Arena

Hey Hanky, I changed opi/dpi to 59/61. Noticing a lot more swat down passes and even lineman batting down balls. Much better animations in my opinion. Did you ever noticed it when testing?

Wech, noticing much better (real) Qb accy with this simple adjustment. I'm still having the same gameplay. It's amazing.

Much more defensive from a coach mode stand point.

Last edited by forme95; 12-05-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #68
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95

Here is some stats from the game.
Rams 38 @ Browns (me) 30.
Total yards 464/413
Rush 122/76
Pass 342/337
3rd dwn% 40/41
Penalties 10-56/6-40
1 interception for Rams and I fumbled twice.
Sacks 3/1
This was my first ccm with the OP sliders.
Here is after a few tweeks. I LOVE DEFENSIVE football

Rams 13 @ Browns (me) 16.
Total yards 294/308
Rush 61/79
Pass 233/229
3rd dwn% 33/35
Penalties 7-50/5-25
TOP 27min/33min
Total plays 61/66

1 interception for Rams and 2 for Browns.
Sacks 3/2
Old 12-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #69
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan076
How many minutes? I started a CFM and simmed pre-season, then it was one kickoff that I downed. Cam comes on the field and hits Olsen then it's Williams for 2 carries and 7 pts, like nothing on Sea. I don't want every game to score 50+ but that's what I see with these
Did u play with CPU Pass Coverage at 38? Good god, just played the Bucs and threw 8 Interceptions! So, not sure if u gave the sliders another shot, but cripes, I couldn't pass to save my life. Strangely, I won the game 24-22 and sacked Freeman 10 times, so I'm not happy with that and hadn't been seeing that many sacks lately. I think with me not being able to pass the ball at all, they've had the ball more often and I'm getting more sacks. Anyways, I'm lowering back to 37 for the cpu and going to test 31 for human. Even though I won the game, I want to get it more realistic, and sadly, the tweaking continues. I really liked these sliders, too. f---. And, upping cpu pass blocking because of the sacks.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #70
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
This was my first ccm with the OP sliders.
Here is after a few tweeks. I LOVE DEFENSIVE football

Rams 13 @ Browns (me) 16.
Total yards 294/308
Rush 61/79
Pass 233/229
3rd dwn% 33/35
Penalties 7-50/5-25
TOP 27min/33min
Total plays 61/66

1 interception for Rams and 2 for Browns.
Sacks 3/2
yeah, man. I like those stats. if u see my last couple of posts, I've been throwing Ints like crazy with cpu pass coverage at 38, so I'm lowering this to 37, and think I may have found the sweet spot for that one. After seeing the coverage of the cpu at 37-38, I want to see more realistic coverage from my team, too so I'm going to start at human pass coverage 31, and see what it looks like. I tried something similar recently and saw my sacks go up, but after that last game, I had 10 sacks anyways, so i'm going to overall try and tweak a few things for myself. Keep yours where they're at if you like it. I'm also going to add in your suggestion for 59/61. I've tried several different variations of pass interference, and it's hard for me to remember what did what. At this, I believe the defense will be better and make more swats like you say, but I also just remember this making it harder for me and easier for the cpu, which is good for challenge, but I also want realistic balance. With some of these other tweaks I'm making, I'm afraid I'll really break something. lol, but I want to give these few things a try and see how it works out.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #71
MVP

forme95's Arena

Did you notice any difference in the running game when you changed the pass coverage? I noticed, the more I upped it, the easier running for both sides was. Like sacrificing ypc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #72
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Did you notice any difference in the running game when you changed the pass coverage? I noticed, the more I upped it, the easier running for both sides was. Like sacrificing ypc.
That may be the case, but I don't think I noticed it those last 2 games. I really struggled to run, and had to pass more, and every time I passed, I threw an int!!! lol. I just played a game against the Broncos and Brock Osweiler blew me up! I had a feeling this would happen. Bear in mind, I changed more sliders than I like to change for one game, but i'm overall trying to change a few things here, but I know a large part of it was off/def pi at 59/61. This may only affect player controlled action, because what seems to happen is I play pretty good D, but maybe not perfect, and the overly aggressive Dbacks are jumping routes early, and the QB waits for them to be even with each other, and then the WR breaks from the DB and that's right when the QB throws the ball and it's a completion all day. He ended up throwing for 300 yards in the 1st half, and 572 for the game! So, I'm going to try it at 59/60 and see if that tones it down. And, this actually does have an effect on the run game as well. This is another spot where the D plays too aggressively, gets sucked into the middle, takes bad angles, and the RB can bounce it outside, so this may not work for me. Like I said, I'm going to try it at 59/60 with some of the other slider things I'm trying and see if it can work, but I have a feeling it won't work for me. It just ultimately ups the aggression just barely too much, but enough for negative play imo. I think that's how I ultimately tweaked both down to 59/59. Maybe 58/59 would work better, idk. There's a couple things to try. I'm telling u, that is the strangest/strongest tweak point in the game, off/def pi. One point here, one point there, off higher, or def lower, and you can see drastically different gameplay. Kind of interesting, but kind of annoying, too, as it can affect so many different aspects of gameplay, so you up something and bingo, great pass coverage, but, uh oh, the running game is now overpowered, so it's a tough mix. Overall, that game against the Broncos was fun, however. I think it was 27-21 at the half Broncos. then, the 3rd qtr was mostly defensive and may have not had a score. If so, it was a TD by me to go up 28-27. I was up 38-30 with less than 2 min left. They got the ball back and I could not stop them, drove it all the way down the field and a really nice kind of back shoulder throw in the end zone, TD. They needed the 2 point conversion, and they got it. Game tied 38-38 with 30 secs left. I couldn't do anything with it. OT, they got the ball, drove down, but I finally stopped em for a FG. i got the ball and was driving ok, but took a HUGE sack, loss of 9 yards, and ultimately threw an INT trying to go deep. i think I only threw 2 ints this game, so that's back to normal (either 37 pass coverage or the off/def pi - I def saw more batted balls which I like, too), but that was the ball game. They ended up with 5 yards rushing and 572 passing. lol, I can't even remember them trying to run the ball, they just passed and passed and passed. I got 10 sacks again, which is high, but the amount of pass plays was ridiculous, and his completion % was at least just under 70 instead of 80%, but wow, what a game. Anyways, that's it for tonite, i'm sure i'll play a game or 2 as i tweak a little bit. I'll update what I'm playing with tomorrow if i like it, but like i said, if you're digging what u got, keep it, man. It's all about how the game plays for you.

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 12-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »