Home

DB Reaction Times

This is a discussion on DB Reaction Times within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: DB Reaction Times

Here you see asante turn his hips nicely against the curl route.

Here you see CBs on both sides reacting to the curl the same way.

PRT/PCV at 75/75. DPI 62/OPI 92. CPU WR 48.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Here you see the CPU playing tight coverage and gets a hand in to swat. This is with PRT/PCV at 100/100.

Reaction time at 100 also is great for dline/rushers jumping up to swat passes.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG3MVP
I would like to know this as well.
I'm seeing good tight coverage from the CPU with this

Player/CPU

PDRT: 75/100
INT: 18/25
PCV: 45/0(lower = tighter coverage)

I've had some feedback on my All-Pro slider thread, and they've seen good tight coverage by the CPU.
I had to raise my PCV to 45 b/c I was getting too many coverage sacks on 25 user pcv.
Last guy that commented on my set about coverage said.......brb w/ his comment
This was his quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
Just finished up the first half. In my second season with the Chiefs and going against the Raiders who have a rookie starting QB and a rookie starting RB as well as 10 injuries (this is week 2!). I have basically the original Chiefs team except I drafted a stud DL and picked up D. Alexander and J. Jones in FA.

At half the score is 19-7, Raiders. Their rookie QB lit me up for 200yds so far. I dominated their run game and forced 1 fumble and got 2 sacks.

I threw 3 picks with Ryan Mallet. On other sliders passing was too easy... I won the SB last year with QB accuracy 4 and didn't throw a pick the last 5-6 games. Their defense responds very quickly. If the receiver isn't open, it's a pick.

I would rate the first half experience a 8/10 and probably the most fun I've had in a while. Game is actually very challenging to throw and run. I ran for 2050yds last season and it was waaay too easy. This half they held JC to 8 carries for 22yds!!!!

I'll post again after the game. Looks GREAT so far. Thanks for the hard work man.
So far I've thrown 8tds to 16ints w/ my latest set lol. So its much harder to move the ball now lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

@RG3, we are actually using your no slideritis set and have been making small tweaks almost bi-weekly. Our latest tweak was raising user PCV a fee pts to about 35 like you did. We are going to run a few games like this.

I feel strongly (after reading many threads) that a number below fifty and close to zero for PRXT will help offer some more distinct coverage between players. Zero may even be the number because a pro DB should break suddenly but at times even the greats get broken down eapecially if they are looking in the backfield to long. Traits would measure the bite tendency, I imagine.

One thing I do see is that the pass defense sliders effect the user and cpu differently, almost completely opposite.

What you will see in the next vid is the DB actually "sitting" until the WR breaks into his out route instead of hyperextending his backpedal which I feel is contributed to a large window reaction time.

One thing I learn from DPI is that it effects the D awaereness of "ball is in the air". Under 50 allows DBs to make quicker reads on the ball and thus play more agressive in jumping routes.

This has been said before in M13 and maybe even NCAA and still holds true now.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
@RG3, we are actually using your no slideritis set and have been making small tweaks almost bi-weekly. Our latest tweak was raising user PCV a fee pts to about 35 like you did. We are going to run a few games like this.

I feel strongly (after reading many threads) that a number below fifty and close to zero for PRXT will help offer some more distinct coverage between players. Zero may even be the number because a pro DB should break suddenly but at times even the greats get broken down eapecially if they are looking in the backfield to long. Traits would measure the bite tendency, I imagine.

One thing I do see is that the pass defense sliders effect the user and cpu differently, almost completely opposite.

What you will see in the next vid is the DB actually "sitting" until the WR breaks into his out route instead of hyperextending his backpedal which I feel is contributed to a large window reaction time.

One thing I learn from DPI is that it effects the D awaereness of "ball is in the air". Under 50 allows DBs to make quicker reads on the ball and thus play more agressive in jumping routes.

This has been said before in M13 and maybe even NCAA and still holds true now.

Thats cool your liking them hopefully!
Are you using my latest set or an earlier version?

Thats good info on DPI, I know on M13 that was the case, not sure about M25, if it works on M25 thats cool too. I know in M13 it made the dbs react better b/c they didn't have to worry about a penalty being called whens it lower.
If we can get this as close to ratings as possible that would be sweet!
Like I said, I'm struggling w/ my current setup, and if DPI works being lower I may end up doing that if I get to the point that mine are too easy to pass on.

Keep us updated on your findings, I'm off Wed and Thur and I can test more
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Here is another clip from head to head gameplay.

Coverage looks much improved and my db's reaction to the wr's break looks authentic, at least in a simulated sense.

Check out @magnificenthanz's Tweet: https://twitter.com/magnificenthanz/...11528620916737

Old 12-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #15
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
good to know! keep me updated on the 35 PCV. I'm only getting 3-4 sacks per gm now w/ 45 PCV. I may go to 50 if I keep leading the league in sacks.
Another slider to consider is WR Ctch.
I don't recall getting very many sacks when I was testing higher CPU WR catch.
I know WR catch can play a big part in how fast the CPU gets rid of the ball. Its speeds up the timing on passes for sure! Earlier in this thread or the other, I tested 75 WRC, and other sliders @ 75 for the CPU. They were pretty unstoppable at times.

So many ways to skin a cat in Madden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Here is my last one from the same game as the second. DB seems to be a bit to psychic on his prediction to sit and wait for the wr to break into his out route.

Check out @magnificenthanz's Tweet: https://twitter.com/magnificenthanz/...41181775609856

I credit this play recognition to the 0PRXT and a combination of penalty settings including 30DPI and 60OPI.

The next set I evaluate will remain the same except DPI will go from 0 to 50.

*Sidenote, raising PCV a few pts did seem to improve coverage in my CFM. I faced an old team and could see better response times from my DBs albeit I did also spend some xp on my DBs.

I will be monitoring PCV in my CFM over the next few games to identify any new trends.

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 12-05-2013 at 03:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »