Home

DB Reaction Times

This is a discussion on DB Reaction Times within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #25
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DB Reaction Times

I know this is a thread on D Rx Time, but thought I would throw something out there as far as coverage is concerned. I've gone with either 0 for Pass Coverage or 100, and never tried to tweak this much. Recently, I tried to tweak it, and found a nice spot at 38. At 38, I actually see decent zone coverage where players actually look like they recognize players coming into and out of their zone. I first played 2 games in a row with this setting for the cpu. I played the Seahawks, then I played the Bucs. I'm in the 5th season of my CFM, so teams aren't exactly the same, but both have quality DBs, so this certainly contributed to the toughness of the pass D, but against the Hawks, I threw 6 picks, and against the Bucs I threw 8. I normally don't throw more than 2 picks EVER with multiple slider sets I've created, so this was huge to me. And, constantly looking at replays to see what was happening, I really felt like the D players were basically staying in between all players in and out of their zone. I saw good lateral movement, as well as up and down movement (meaning, they were dropping back when a TE/WR ran behind them, but came back up when they saw a RB coming near their zone). I tried this at 37, and didn't quite see the same thing, so right now, I'm playing at 38 for a few games and see if I can actually pass, or whether they still play good zone, and with opi and dpi set properly, u can get good man coverage. So, anyways, just chiming in with some recent testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »