Home

Old 12-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Brees2Graham's Arena

OVR: 1
Punts

Im Working on my sliders (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sliders-3.html)

and one thing im working on is the punts. i really want alot of punts inside the 20. so im wondering if anybody has special team set that makes the punter put more balls in the 20 so the other team has to take it all the way down the field to score
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Punts

I rarely see the CPU punt it with any accuracy, it just is a booming punt that hits the ground and bounces through the back of the endzone. I have used mostly 50pwr and 100acc.

Maybe 0 acc would make it different? Or lower power so they just don't crank it out the back every time?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
MVP

patriotway's Arena

I've seen some people turn punt accuracy all the way up to 100. I also played a couple of games with it at that level and for the first time in a long time, the CPU didn't just punt the ball into the end zone.

Boston Celtics
New England Patriots
Boston Red Sox
Old 12-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Banned

I've tried it with all the settings and 95% of the time (even at ACC100) the ball goes into the endzone.

I don't user return punts and my biggest gripe is how horrible punt coverage is on madden this year. I can hold the CPU to 0-10 yards per punt return but without user controlling my return man I have NEVER (in two full seasons) called for a fair catch or had a runback of less than 8-10 yards.

I've tried power on 52-60 and even in the 45-50 range. Punting just sucks.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #5
Pro

The only time I see the cpu try a coffin corner kick is when you go with punt block if they are in your territory. Otherwise, it's thru the back of the endzone. My favorite punt so far is when the cpu was on their own 1. I used punt block and user controlled the returner so he didn't make the catch. The result? Ball bounced on my 45 yd line and didn't stop until it was thru the endzone for a tb. Ball physics in this game are unbelievably bad. Incomplete passes do the same miracle bouncing.

Special teams in general need to be completely redone. Longsnapper position needs to be added to the roster (not just the depth chart) and the long snap rating needs to be added to ratings. If you use a guy who doesn't have a high rating there should be a chance of a bad snap. Same goes with holder. Look at Janikowski, one of the best kickers the past several seasons and he gets a new holder and he's had his worst season in years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I've actually been trying out lowering CPU punt power and it's helped. I think returns have been so easy because the punter out-kicks the coverage all the time. By making punts shorter the coverage gets to the returner sooner, forcing more fair catches and making 20+ yards the exception rather than the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Brees2Graham's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I've actually been trying out lowering CPU punt power and it's helped. I think returns have been so easy because the punter out-kicks the coverage all the time. By making punts shorter the coverage gets to the returner sooner, forcing more fair catches and making 20+ yards the exception rather than the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what do you have Acc & power at?
Old 12-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Power 35, accuracy 45. Also min speed threshold of 60 makes it harder to just run around the gunners

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »