Home

Coach mode sliders discussion

This is a discussion on Coach mode sliders discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Coach mode sliders discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
What speed and threshold are you using?
testing 35 and 100.

but test whatever you wanna do, those are the 2 im going for
Old 04-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncromnd
testing 35 and 100.

but test whatever you wanna do, those are the 2 im going for
100 slows the field of play down to a tighter more nfl like game.

35 may be better for animations not sure yet let me know what you find out
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #19
MVP

testing 0 35 and 100
Old 04-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #20
MVP

in case you were wondering ncromnd and rbartlett is me lol same person randy lol and updated changes are made to set posted up front
Old 04-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #21
Rookie

I read somewhere a while ago that a threshold of 30 most closely represented a player's 40-yard dash time, in terms of speed; something to maybe think about. I think the game speed was normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #22
Pro

Let's do it then I'll update

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #23
Rookie

I'm currently in the third year of my CCM, with the Lions, and tested out a couple games against my current opponent, the Titans. With the listed settings on the first page, I felt the QB's on both teams were too accurate. Ryan Fitzpatrick, the starter for the Titans, could throw the long ball with on-point accuracy, when his deep ball accuracy is only 67. Also, the run game was pretty lackluster on both sides of the ball. There was also too many check-down passes and throws to the tight ends. I changed some of the settings and felt like I got a better game doing so. Here's my updated (different from OP listed) settings for comparison:

Game Speed: Normal
Player Speed Threshold: 30 QB

ACC: 5 (With this setting, quarterback completion rate is closer to their real-life stats. This also helps show the wide receivers spectacular catching abilities more. Fitzpatrick ended up with only a 47% completion rate, but that was mostly due to his red-zone passing. He doesn't have a strong enough arm, 80 throwing power, to fit the ball into tighter coverage.)

WR CTH: 35 (in keeping with the 40 passing rule, I raised this to 35. There were too many dropped passes that should have been caught at 30 anyway.)

RUN BLK: 10 (I raised this to 10 to help the run game out since it was lackluster. At 10 it may have been too good on the Titans end. Chris Johnson broke a 45-yarder on me, but even without it, he would've averaged almost 7 YPC. A setting of 5 here might work.)

FUM: 25 (I lowered this just to keep in-line with the All-madden rule. A setting of 30 should work, with run block at 5.)

PDR: 50 (I changed this to 50 because a setting less than or more than will make the cpu either pass or run the ball more, regardless of the style of offense they are. At 50 I think they play more in-line with the style of offense that they're running.)

INT: 10 (changed to keep in-line with the All-madden rule; doesn't really affect the number of interceptions that much and didn't want to decrease pass coverage.)

Penalty Slider changes:

INT GROUND: 50 (I think this was the main cause of all the check-down passes and throws to the tight ends. With it raised there were more passes thrown downfield. I may lower it just a bit, maybe 45, since the quarterbacks sometimes would hold onto the ball too long.)

Last edited by Aszrayel; 04-09-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:25 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aszrayel
I'm currently in the third year of my CCM, with the Lions, and tested out a couple games against my current opponent, the Titans. With the listed settings on the first page, I felt the QB's on both teams were too accurate. Ryan Fitzpatrick, the starter for the Titans, could throw the long ball with on-point accuracy, when his deep ball accuracy is only 67. Also, the run game was pretty lackluster on both sides of the ball. There was also too many check-down passes and throws to the tight ends. I changed some of the settings and felt like I got a better game doing so. Here's my updated (different from OP listed) settings for comparison:

Game Speed: Normal
Player Speed Threshold: 30 QB

ACC: 5 (With this setting, quarterback completion rate is closer to their real-life stats. This also helps show the wide receivers spectacular catching abilities more. Fitzpatrick ended up with only a 47% completion rate, but that was mostly due to his red-zone passing. He doesn't have a strong enough arm, 80 throwing power, to fit the ball into tighter coverage.)

WR CTH: 35 (in keeping with the 40 passing rule, I raised this to 35. There were too many dropped passes that should have been caught at 30 anyway.)

RUN BLK: 10 (I raised this to 10 to help the run game out since it was lackluster. At 10 it may have been too good on the Titans end. Chris Johnson broke a 45-yarder on me, but even without it, he would've averaged almost 7 YPC. A setting of 5 here might work.)

FUM: 25 (I lowered this just to keep in-line with the All-madden rule. A setting of 30 should work, with run block at 5.)

PDR: 50 (I changed this to 50 because a setting less than or more than will make the cpu either pass or run the ball more, regardless of the style of offense they are. At 50 I think they play more in-line with the style of offense that they're running.)

INT: 10 (changed to keep in-line with the All-madden rule; doesn't really affect the number of interceptions that much and didn't want to decrease pass coverage.)

Penalty Slider changes:

INT GROUND: 50 (I think this was the main cause of all the check-down passes and throws to the tight ends. With it raised there were more passes thrown downfield. I may lower it just a bit, maybe 45, since the quarterbacks sometimes would hold onto the ball too long.)
Madden 25 Coach Mode Sliders

changes made thank you to AZRIEL

I thought it would be fun too create a coach mode set to kind of just have a little fun, feel free to give feedback and suggestions it is a free set to mess with.
post stats and box scores

Updated changes in RED

ALL-MADDEN 75 and under rule for both. 40 for passing, 35 for running, 75 for pass defense, 25 for tackling. for a total of 175.

play clock- 15 min
runoff- 13 secs

fatigue-55
injury-35

Auto Subs- Default 50's

camera- broadcast, or preference

heatseeker- off
ball hawk-off
switch assist-off
auto strafe-off

game speed- normal
threshold-30
hum-cpu (same value)

QB ACC-5
PASS BL-0
WR CTH-35

RUN BL-10
FUMBLE-25

PDR-50
INT-10
CVR-15

TACKLE-25

FG POWER-50
FG ACC-25
P PWR-50
P ACC-100
K PWR-50

Personally i feel penalties should only be changed when playing vs the cpu to get a realistic gameplay, so for coach mode cpu-cpu we will leave them at default all 50's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »