Home

Madden 25 All-Pro realism idea

This is a discussion on Madden 25 All-Pro realism idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #25
Rookie

diamok's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 All-Pro realism idea

Ok so, I figured there was some way to export box scores, but I should have known better, it is an EA game after all. Plus, viewing the saved box score via the schedule menu happens to not show the entire box score, or some how it got screwed up.

In any case though, I was able to get the general box score stats, but not the player stats.

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New England Patriots ()0772034
Buffalo Bills ()307717
Team Stats Comparison
NWEBUF
Total Offense445398
Rushing Yards33200
Passing Yards412198
First Downs1919
Punt Return Yards129
Kick Return Yards4848
Total Yards505455
Turnovers16
3rd Down Converstion58
4th Down Conversion01
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals31
Penalties02
Posession Time3:0548:00
New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills

So, a few things...

First, my career is EJ Manuel as I wanted to use the same players you used for your tests.
  • Maddens Sim issues with Career Mode: Since there a ton of these that are not related to any slider set, I won't talk about them.
  • Penalties - The only two were false starts, which were induced by me trying to get the defense to jump and to see if the Off would false start. No big deal here.
  • I also had no injuries on offense. I do not know about defense as that was simmed.
  • Our Pass Rush ratio was 29:43, with me throwing for 198 yards on 29 Attempts, a 44% completion percentage, 1 TD and yes, 6 Picks, which I will get to, my YPA was 6.8. Spiller had 36 of the 42 rushes for 146 yards, an avg of 4.1 and 1 TD. (Receiving stats are all screwy, but Watkins had the TD I threw.)
  • My 6 picks - 3 were acceptable, two were your standard Madden cheat picks, one was me trying to hard to come from behind. The first madden cheat pick had the defender laying on the ground, then he popped up for the pick. The other one Watkins had the inside and underneath line, but as per madden, when the ball got close, the defender was suddenly able to and rather unrealistically maneuver around him to leap and make the pick. The acceptable 3 were a combination of off target throws, bad choices and speed/acceleration on Defense. I am unsure which picks, but 3 were made by Ryan, who is not a speed DB, nor does he have great jumping ability...he is also 4th on the depth chart.
  • Even though Spiller had an avg of 4.1 on the ground, rushing seemed pretty easy for him and Jackson, who had 27 yards on 2 carries. The corners were the best place to run, with Spillers speed he had no issues blowing around the edge and gaining big yardage, even Jackson who isn't a speed back got his 27 yards on edge plays. On passing plays too, speed kills as they say. If I had wanted too, I could have put a streak hot route on Watkins and probably completed 75% of the attempts to him blazing down the field.

Thoughts:
  • I would say subs could be tweaked a bit, Spiller only has a stamina of 88 and carried the mighty load on the ground.
  • Threshold could probably be tweaked a bit to cut back on DBs inhumanly jumping routes. But I would really like to play a QB like Brees, Rodgers or P. Manning first to see if it was just Manuel being sucky. Though slower RBs like Jackson come off as Barry Sanders on edge runs with the threshold at 0 too.
  • Penalties are no big deal to me and really aren't realistic to begin with, plus they do more for affecting game play, then actually being called in game.
  • A few in game injuries would have been nice to see, as much and as hard as Spiller was running, I was kind of surprised he didn't get banged up. A tweak here wouldn't hurt...but really, everyone has their own thoughts on injuries, so this really isn't anything to be concerned with either.
Overall I really liked the way the game played, I'll play a few more games as Manuel and post a not so lengthy report on it.

Take care,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #26
Pro

sms024's Arena

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to try and test these.

I wonder if the fact that you are playing as a player instead of a coach is what caused some of the larger difference, such as the picks. The most I've thrown in a game are 2, and both were legit each time. I haven't seen the CPU DBs do anything cheesy in the 5 games I've played with these, but there's still testing to be done. With injuries, I've seen about 4-6 per team, per game. I may be wrong, but I believe playing a career as a player might cause different results from sliders than playing as a coach.

I did change auto subs recently. the preseason games I played misguided me and after a regular season game I saw that those were still off. Still testing but I think I might be close to the sweet spot.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #27
Pro

sms024's Arena

Also, runs outside haven't been the big gainers for me. Up the middle is usually where I've been getting my biggest runs. I wonder about the difference...

For your next game as a player, drop DPI back down to 50 and see how that affects your INT numbers. I feel DPI controls DB aggressiveness, similar to the in-game adjustments on NCAA. With DPI at 100 I noticed the DBs never swatted, only went for picks; but at zero they only swatted and never attempted picks.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #28
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

There's going to need some tweaking for coach mode. I know the Raiders are bad, but Brady went 38-44 (86%)for 465 yards. I would expect a high 60's or 70's completion percentage, but pushing 90 is pretty outrageous.

Also, the auto-subs don't seem to be working. MJD only came out 1 time in the game. I'm thinking the out needs to be around 90 and in about 92. I think I'll try that when I play again.

Everything else seemed alright. The passing game was just too easy. Lots of guys running around free. Hardly any passes were defensed by DB's. I guess I'll need to raise pass defense reaction and coverage significantly in order to obtain realistic results.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #29
Rookie

diamok's Arena

Being career/player mode was an after thought when the developed the game, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it acts totally different then coach or play now mode.

I do wanna play a couple more games with your initial settings and see what the results are, then I'll go in a make your suggested changes.

Will report back.

Take care,
Old 09-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #30
Pro

sms024's Arena

kcsam, maybe try playing a few more. My first game with these was pretty crazy that way too. Run it again and share the results to see if it happens again.

Diamok, get after it and let me know how it goes.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #31
Rookie

diamok's Arena

Game 2: Panthers 17, Bills 38.

=Quick recap=
(Note, as I play a QB in player mode, I will not be discussing Defensive stats and issues)

Passing: 19 of 29, 263 yards, 3 TDs, 2 Ints, Comp% 62.
Rushing: 47 Atts, 266 yards, 1 TD.
  • Spiller carried the stone 40 times for 194 yards and the TD. Also, running in or outside seemed more even this game.
Receiving: 1 Drop by Spiller, Sammy was unstoppable with 7 receptions for 125 yards and 2 TDs.
  • Of interest, coverage seemed much more realistic in this game, I only saw one time where a DB launched himself like super man, he flew about 7 yards and batted a pass down. Other than that, my 2 picks were both from me scrambling and trying to make a play.
  • Another note - 1 of my TDs was to Chandler in the back of the endzone. Was awesome, I lobbed it up, he and the defender (an LB) both turned to make a play on the ball, he had the height advantage and caught the pass just over the LBs hands.
    Very cool, I watched the reply a few times it was so cool.
    This type of situation hasn't happened with the slider set I've been using since late last year.
Injuries: 1, Spiller was shaken up for 2 plays.

I'm going to throw out my first games results. I have been playing on slow speed for a long time, bumping up to normal without taking time to get used to it threw me off I think.

Gonna play 2 more games and see how it all feels, but as it sits, Subs needs tweaked, which will help with the insane number of carries. Injuries might need tweaked a bit too, depends on what you and anyone else is getting in game.

Oh and, as kcsam stated, the passing game does feel pretty easy. If I wanted to, I feel I could run a hurry up offense, audible to passing plays and score on every drive. I am however trying to play realistically.

Take care,

Last edited by diamok; 09-29-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #32
Pro

sms024's Arena

Also, I believe auto sub's will need to be dependent on the team you're using. If you used my auto subs and MJD only came out once then its because of his stamina rating. My backs have stamina in the low 70s so they wear out faster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »