Home

Madden 2005 - Official Slider Sticky

This is a discussion on Madden 2005 - Official Slider Sticky within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 11:59 PM   #49
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 2005 - Official Slider Sticky

well, yeah, the CPU AI is better on All madden as well...
it seems the CPU is better but Human side CPU is the same...

what i mean is, is normal on all madden see the CPU does things you won`t see on your side of the ball.

that is why i play on all madden as last resource
Old 08-11-2004, 12:15 AM   #50
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
well, yeah, the CPU AI is better on All madden as well...
it seems the CPU is better but Human side CPU is the same...

what i mean is, is normal on all madden see the CPU does things you won`t see on your side of the ball.

that is why i play on all madden as last resource
Like I said, I understand what you are trying to get across. But this year, the CPU AI being smarter is a good thing, as I don't believe the ratings get a boost on All-Madden, just the 'brains' of the CPU.

The people who are declaring that All-Madden is the way to go this year are right. Playcalling by the CPU alone is enough to go with All-Madden (as much as I can tell after 24 hours with the game). The lack of cheating by the CPU is what makes this possible, and thank EA for finally getting it right in that respect.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:22 AM   #51
M*c *dd*ct

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
These are not mine, I got them from SN on gamefaq's ps2 board.

They are working very good for me.

AP

Offense: Human - CPU

QB Accuracy 13 - 14
Pass Blocking 9 - 12
WR Catching 12 - 12
Run Blocking 15-17
RB Ability 14 - 17

Defense: Human - CPU

Awareness 12 - 15
Kockdowns 6 - 7
Interceptions 12 - 13
Break Block 8 - 9
Tackling 9 - 11

Special Teams: Human - CPU

FG Length 12 - 11
FG Accuracy 14 - 8
Punt Length 12 - 14
Punt Accuracy 14 - 12
Kickoff Length 9 - 11

Penalties

FS 5
HO 4
FM 4
OPI 10
DPI 10
KR/PR CI 10
Clipping 4
IG 10
RP 8
RK 10

Again these are not mine, but give them a try, I was actually able to run the ball a little bit.

Again thank to SN from the Gamefaqs PS2 board
Absolutly no pass blocking with the sliders. I can never get any sacks. The CPU doesn't run the ball much either with the sliders of what I have seen.

Currently Playing:
  • Madden NFL 2007 [360]
  • Guild Wars [PC]
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [360]
  • Enchanted Arms (soon) [360]
Freelance Graphic / Web Designer - Website coming soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 12:46 AM   #52

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm playing on Pro right now, and I'm having really close games. Should I stick with Pro since it's working for me?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:13 AM   #53
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
I'm playing on Pro right now, and I'm having really close games. Should I stick with Pro since it's working for me?

Of course...sliders are for yourself and no one set of sliders can please everyone, you have to tweak it to you and as you get better make it more difficult

my problem is not close games, just lost to the Ravens 17-14, I was the Browns and the stats were good on all Pro it just bugged me that Jamal Lewis had 30 carries and only 58 yards with his longest being 10...i bumped cpu run and o line block up to 15 and my d's awr down 5 and it helped in the 2nd half.

Also a problem was Bollers 13-36 passing numbers...while he did have 200+ yards it was pretty ugly, but then again so are Browns Ravens games so im not too sure yet

I put the penalties to the max on everything, i had 2 for 25 and the cpu had 7 for 71, not bad numbers

I played on 12 min with accel - time of possession was good, my o numbers were good, very cleveland like, Garcia had a nice game , 18-24 with 150 and a td...green and suggs split carries but i only managed around 70-80 yards but i like that vs the Ravens...They played solid d and i only had one big pass play in single coverage for a td (40 yarder)

Overall a good game, just need to test it more and tweak some CPU Offense sliders but def. 12 min accel clock and penalty sliders - hell i even got the cpu to false start
Old 08-11-2004, 01:46 AM   #54
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Yes, we all do know that. But I don't feel a ratings bump, persay. I just feel a better CPU A.I.

Bumping ratings would make it feel like cheating (i.e. the speed cheat). This just feels like they are more aware of what is going on.
Good observation. I noticed this right away. The AI linebackers were making great plays on the passing game. The cowboy linebackers for me did absolutely nothing. The Vikings tight end caught about 5 to 6 passes for 90 yards. Linebackers got abused.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:49 AM   #55
Dav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im just waiting for Jistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 08:17 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Well after a LONG night I made the switch back to All-Pro. I just couldn't get anything consistent with All-Madden at this time. So I went to All-Pro and was much much better.

Now you know how it goes though, in a few weeks I might move up but only if it starts getting too easy. Anyhow should have something to post in a day or two. I am also using 12 mins on accelerated clock, seems to work the best for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »