Home

Sir Tru and SM27's All Pro slider discussion

This is a discussion on Sir Tru and SM27's All Pro slider discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2004, 11:35 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Sir Tru and SM27's All Pro slider discussion

I am making slight tweaks to these as I find the running to be alittle to easy but I really am enjoying the games I get with these. I, like most of us, tried to play with pro and all madden but with these I feel like if you have a bad team then it will be hard but not impossible to beat good teams. Likewise, if you are a good team with good players all around, you will beat teams that are bad like you should and games with equal teams will be tough battles.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Love these sliders; I guess I should as there a point or 2 off from what I came up with myself in most categories.

Biggest difference for me is taking human pass accuracy past even the suggested bump to 8 all the way to default 10. I just feel you ought to have that little extra "oopmh" to air out and create separation from the jet packing DBs. Mostly though, I want to punish LBers matched on my faster players and you need to the extra arm strength (IMO) to wing it up ahead and run away from the (typically) slower 'backer in coverage.

One reason I really feel these sliders work is the way top players seem to stand out. Just finished a game versus the Bills where I simply could not pop a backside run versus Takeo Spikes. He just owned that side of the field. For me ('06 Fins) Surtain is just not to be messed with.

Only down side is that there's a lot of dropped easy picks (just have to live with it to keep some overall balance in stats and the scoreboard).

Suggestion to those tweaking this to their liking: I think the one thing you don't want to adjust is RBA at 13. I've found it to be perfect in the 20 or so games I've played with it there.

Lastly, if you're trying these for first time, be aware that your DL will get pushed back; hard. You need to crash you ends around the outside to stop the run and have good 'backers that can knife through. Also, try to keep a 2 deep saftey look intially as with such a low block break if you've got every one up on the line and they get contacted they're probably never getting off their blocks in time leaving you watching the CPU RB running for all alone for paydirt.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:24 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
The only position that will get below 80% is a running back. Madden needs to make a fatigue slider because its stupid my O Line can play a 15 play drive and still be fresh as a daisy.
They aren't fresh as a daisy, the DL is just as tired as they are is what's happening.

So while it appears they are the same, it's usually just because the DL is worn down too.

You ever see an offensive lineman come out of a NFL game that wasn't hurt or being benched? Nah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2004, 09:40 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 6

My point is they have no long term effects. After every quarter its back up to 99 %. So it really doesn't allow u to use ball control and really kill em in the 4th.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:24 PM   #13
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

i posted my "tweaked" version of these in a seperate thread. I made HUM offense a lot harder by maxing out CPU AWR and lowering the HUM RB and RBA. see what ya think.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is everyone in agreement that these are the best Madden sliders to date??
Old 08-29-2004, 10:40 PM   #15
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't think everyone does, but I sure as hell do.

I also brough Human Knockdowns -1 and Human Interceptions -1, but that could be personal preference (wanted to make the CPU pass game a little more effective, and lower my interception count).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2004, 10:44 PM   #16
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I don't think everyone does, but I sure as hell do.
I'll second that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »